Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Suspension

Notices

I know I should get an alignment, but ..

Old 07-12-2010, 05:23 PM   #1
on idiot patrol ;)
SCFirefighter is one of the sharper tools in the shedSCFirefighter is one of the sharper tools in the shedSCFirefighter is one of the sharper tools in the shedSCFirefighter is one of the sharper tools in the shedSCFirefighter is one of the sharper tools in the shedSCFirefighter is one of the sharper tools in the shedSCFirefighter is one of the sharper tools in the shedSCFirefighter is one of the sharper tools in the shedSCFirefighter is one of the sharper tools in the shedSCFirefighter is one of the sharper tools in the shedSCFirefighter is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Firefighter: Firefighter
Name: Stephan
SCFirefighter's Tacoma Gallery
I know I should get an alignment, but ..

So I finished my Toytec ultimate install last week, and had the mandatory alignment done. Toytec gave me specs to have my truck aligned to, and it took them forever but they got it done.

A couple of days go by and I wondered if I should have upped the front coils maybe a little more. I asked if I needed a realignment .. and folks on here agreed I should.

A week has gone by now and I think the front shocks may have settled a bit? It looks a little lower than it was when I drove it home that day.

Question:
Lifting the front shocks to where I believe my height was should be fine right, since my truck was aligned to those specs. How bad would it REALLY be if I bumped it up by another inch?
Old 07-12-2010, 05:25 PM   #2
Carolina Alliance: Lead, follow, or get the hell outta my way
tacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Will
tacomaman06's Tacoma Gallery
i dont think it would be that bad............probably wouldnt be able to tell a huge difference, but i wouldnt wait 2 or 3 weeks to have it checked again.
Old 07-12-2010, 05:40 PM   #4
Carolina Alliance: Lead, follow, or get the hell outta my way
tacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Will
tacomaman06's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by SCFirefighter View Post
I hate to pony op another $50 for the alignment .. ugh. May just have to do it I guess.
it sucks...but its better to man, so your tires dont start wearing funny.
Old 07-12-2010, 05:52 PM   #5
S.B. is one of the sharper tools in the shedS.B. is one of the sharper tools in the shedS.B. is one of the sharper tools in the shedS.B. is one of the sharper tools in the shedS.B. is one of the sharper tools in the shedS.B. is one of the sharper tools in the shedS.B. is one of the sharper tools in the shedS.B. is one of the sharper tools in the shedS.B. is one of the sharper tools in the shedS.B. is one of the sharper tools in the shedS.B. is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Sean
S.B.'s Tacoma Gallery
I drove prob close to a housand mile after my 2" lift. The tires showed horrible wear but I don't really care because I'm getting new tires very soon.
Old 07-12-2010, 06:29 PM   #6
on idiot patrol ;)
SCFirefighter is one of the sharper tools in the shedSCFirefighter is one of the sharper tools in the shedSCFirefighter is one of the sharper tools in the shedSCFirefighter is one of the sharper tools in the shedSCFirefighter is one of the sharper tools in the shedSCFirefighter is one of the sharper tools in the shedSCFirefighter is one of the sharper tools in the shedSCFirefighter is one of the sharper tools in the shedSCFirefighter is one of the sharper tools in the shedSCFirefighter is one of the sharper tools in the shedSCFirefighter is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Firefighter: Firefighter
Name: Stephan
SCFirefighter's Tacoma Gallery
Thanks guys. I guess I'll have it done maybe next week or so. The front is 2" lower than my rear right now. I want to get it as close to even as possible.
Can someone in the know tell me which way I should turn the spanner wrenches to raise the suspension? (I forgot)
Old 07-12-2010, 06:45 PM   #7
cummins6speed is one of the sharper tools in the shedcummins6speed is one of the sharper tools in the shedcummins6speed is one of the sharper tools in the shedcummins6speed is one of the sharper tools in the shedcummins6speed is one of the sharper tools in the shedcummins6speed is one of the sharper tools in the shedcummins6speed is one of the sharper tools in the shedcummins6speed is one of the sharper tools in the shedcummins6speed is one of the sharper tools in the shedcummins6speed is one of the sharper tools in the shedcummins6speed is one of the sharper tools in the shed

cummins6speed's Tacoma Gallery
There are some shops that will check your alignment for free. So if you bump it up a bit you could check it to see if it is close enough or needs to be done again
Old 07-12-2010, 10:38 PM   #8
Sublime is one of the sharper tools in the shedSublime is one of the sharper tools in the shedSublime is one of the sharper tools in the shedSublime is one of the sharper tools in the shedSublime is one of the sharper tools in the shedSublime is one of the sharper tools in the shedSublime is one of the sharper tools in the shedSublime is one of the sharper tools in the shedSublime is one of the sharper tools in the shedSublime is one of the sharper tools in the shedSublime is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Mike
Sublime's Tacoma Gallery
I want to see pics man! I was in on that group buy! I turned the wrench clock wise to lower so the opposite to raise. Lowering may be easier than raising though. Just use the little wrench on the lower holes and hold it against something else so it doesn't spin. What measurements are you at? I put a 1.5" aal in the rear and my front was .5"-1" higher. I left 2" of thread on the shocks which should be 2.5" total......so I thought? So I lowered them and I'm at 38.5" up front and 39" out back with 285 km2s.

Mike
Old 07-14-2010, 10:23 AM   #10
Sublime is one of the sharper tools in the shedSublime is one of the sharper tools in the shedSublime is one of the sharper tools in the shedSublime is one of the sharper tools in the shedSublime is one of the sharper tools in the shedSublime is one of the sharper tools in the shedSublime is one of the sharper tools in the shedSublime is one of the sharper tools in the shedSublime is one of the sharper tools in the shedSublime is one of the sharper tools in the shedSublime is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Mike
Sublime's Tacoma Gallery
Cool, Good luck!
Old 07-17-2010, 05:18 PM   #11
FLtaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedFLtaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedFLtaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedFLtaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedFLtaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedFLtaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedFLtaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedFLtaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedFLtaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedFLtaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedFLtaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Nick
FLtaco's Tacoma Gallery
No 16" rims with 6" lifts.

I'm rocking some 16" rims on my taco with my 3" lift now and have read online that 6" lifts require 17"+ rims. Is this true? Or is it with just some lifts not all? Also can my 3" lift stay on and combine with the 6" for a total of 9" lift? It's a tuff country 3" spacers in front and the 2.5 add a leafs in back.