Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Suspension

Notices

King Coilovers

Old 07-13-2010, 01:12 PM   #1
PhilipRoth is just really nicePhilipRoth is just really nicePhilipRoth is just really nicePhilipRoth is just really nice

PhilipRoth's Tacoma Gallery
King Coilovers

About 2 weeks ago installed kings front and back with TC UCA's from downsouthmotorsports. I would like the front to sit up a little higher to be level but dont want to lose ride quality. I have a 4x4 so what are my options? Anything would help
Old 07-13-2010, 01:19 PM   #2
I've got so much soul in me that I'm barely alive.
Zombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Air Force: AMMO (2W0)
Name: Kevin
Zombie Runner's Tacoma Gallery
I know on my fox's I could swap my springs out for longer ones. Not sure about the kings
Old 07-13-2010, 01:36 PM   #3
PhilipRoth is just really nicePhilipRoth is just really nicePhilipRoth is just really nicePhilipRoth is just really nice

PhilipRoth's Tacoma Gallery
Maybe that'd work. Anyone else?
Old 07-13-2010, 05:29 PM   #4
cummins6speed is one of the sharper tools in the shedcummins6speed is one of the sharper tools in the shedcummins6speed is one of the sharper tools in the shedcummins6speed is one of the sharper tools in the shedcummins6speed is one of the sharper tools in the shedcummins6speed is one of the sharper tools in the shedcummins6speed is one of the sharper tools in the shedcummins6speed is one of the sharper tools in the shedcummins6speed is one of the sharper tools in the shedcummins6speed is one of the sharper tools in the shedcummins6speed is one of the sharper tools in the shed

cummins6speed's Tacoma Gallery
You would have to get longer springs if you don't want to preload them at all. Only option with a 4x4. Or a drop bracket lift
Old 07-13-2010, 05:29 PM   #5
nelson18matt is one of the sharper tools in the shednelson18matt is one of the sharper tools in the shednelson18matt is one of the sharper tools in the shednelson18matt is one of the sharper tools in the shednelson18matt is one of the sharper tools in the shednelson18matt is one of the sharper tools in the shednelson18matt is one of the sharper tools in the shednelson18matt is one of the sharper tools in the shednelson18matt is one of the sharper tools in the shednelson18matt is one of the sharper tools in the shednelson18matt is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Air Force: Ex-Cone
nelson18matt's Tacoma Gallery
crank down the sping on the CO's a bit farther... or are your cv's as far as they shoulg go?
Old 07-13-2010, 06:27 PM   #6
06HAOLE is one of the sharper tools in the shed06HAOLE is one of the sharper tools in the shed06HAOLE is one of the sharper tools in the shed06HAOLE is one of the sharper tools in the shed06HAOLE is one of the sharper tools in the shed06HAOLE is one of the sharper tools in the shed06HAOLE is one of the sharper tools in the shed06HAOLE is one of the sharper tools in the shed06HAOLE is one of the sharper tools in the shed06HAOLE is one of the sharper tools in the shed06HAOLE is one of the sharper tools in the shed
06HAOLE's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by nelson18matt View Post
crank down the sping on the CO's a bit farther... or are your cv's as far as they shoulg go?
He is right. You can add more preload to the coilovers but you need to make sure your CV boot fins dont touch. If they do they will wear out very quickly. The ride will get a bit stiffer too as you crank them higher. Try it out cranked a bit and see how you like it.

You can go to a stiffer spring for more height but the shock wont work as well unless you have a heavy front bumper to justify the stiffer spring. Its a constant battle getting the height and ride dialed in. Mine still needs some work.
Old 07-13-2010, 06:32 PM   #7
cummins6speed is one of the sharper tools in the shedcummins6speed is one of the sharper tools in the shedcummins6speed is one of the sharper tools in the shedcummins6speed is one of the sharper tools in the shedcummins6speed is one of the sharper tools in the shedcummins6speed is one of the sharper tools in the shedcummins6speed is one of the sharper tools in the shedcummins6speed is one of the sharper tools in the shedcummins6speed is one of the sharper tools in the shedcummins6speed is one of the sharper tools in the shedcummins6speed is one of the sharper tools in the shed

cummins6speed's Tacoma Gallery
You can get longer springs with the same or lesser spring rate if you wanted
Old 07-13-2010, 06:34 PM   #8
Honey your two French Fries short of a Happy Meal.
eight3one_offroad is one of the sharper tools in the shedeight3one_offroad is one of the sharper tools in the shedeight3one_offroad is one of the sharper tools in the shedeight3one_offroad is one of the sharper tools in the shedeight3one_offroad is one of the sharper tools in the shedeight3one_offroad is one of the sharper tools in the shedeight3one_offroad is one of the sharper tools in the shedeight3one_offroad is one of the sharper tools in the shedeight3one_offroad is one of the sharper tools in the shedeight3one_offroad is one of the sharper tools in the shedeight3one_offroad is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Richard
eight3one_offroad's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to eight3one_offroad
Try preloading them to give it another inch of ride height or where you want it, you can always bring them down if its too harsh.
Old 07-14-2010, 01:33 PM   #9
lilgerber is a splendid one to beholdlilgerber is a splendid one to beholdlilgerber is a splendid one to beholdlilgerber is a splendid one to beholdlilgerber is a splendid one to beholdlilgerber is a splendid one to beholdlilgerber is a splendid one to beholdlilgerber is a splendid one to behold

lilgerber's Tacoma Gallery
had same problem i crank them up blew both cv's they didnt even look like they were touching. and the ride was very stiff. learned my lesson after to cv lowered them and wayyy happy with the smooth ride over the hight
Old 07-14-2010, 06:59 PM   #10
bajamoon is one of the sharper tools in the shedbajamoon is one of the sharper tools in the shedbajamoon is one of the sharper tools in the shedbajamoon is one of the sharper tools in the shedbajamoon is one of the sharper tools in the shedbajamoon is one of the sharper tools in the shedbajamoon is one of the sharper tools in the shedbajamoon is one of the sharper tools in the shedbajamoon is one of the sharper tools in the shedbajamoon is one of the sharper tools in the shedbajamoon is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: STEVE
bajamoon's Tacoma Gallery
you can also run a 750# spring vs the 650# spring you are most likely running now. I have 750's on mine and the collar is all the way up for that caddy ride.