Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Suspension

Notices

3" lift measurements???

Old 07-13-2010, 09:18 PM   #1
ETaco23 is one of the sharper tools in the shedETaco23 is one of the sharper tools in the shedETaco23 is one of the sharper tools in the shedETaco23 is one of the sharper tools in the shedETaco23 is one of the sharper tools in the shedETaco23 is one of the sharper tools in the shedETaco23 is one of the sharper tools in the shedETaco23 is one of the sharper tools in the shedETaco23 is one of the sharper tools in the shedETaco23 is one of the sharper tools in the shedETaco23 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Evan
ETaco23's Tacoma Gallery
3" lift measurements???

I think my Toytec coilovers have settled/sagged over the last 4-5 months. And I would like to know what are some people's measurements from ground to fender flare. With 285/75/R16 AT's.

Im at 38-3/4" both sides. And when I first set them tey were closer to 39-1/4"
I would like to adjust them, But its ganna be nearly impossible... Thanks!
Old 07-14-2010, 10:10 AM   #2
Sublime is one of the sharper tools in the shedSublime is one of the sharper tools in the shedSublime is one of the sharper tools in the shedSublime is one of the sharper tools in the shedSublime is one of the sharper tools in the shedSublime is one of the sharper tools in the shedSublime is one of the sharper tools in the shedSublime is one of the sharper tools in the shedSublime is one of the sharper tools in the shedSublime is one of the sharper tools in the shedSublime is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Mike
Sublime's Tacoma Gallery
I've got Toytec springs with 5100's, these are not the already built coilover set. Originally I was at 39.5" with 2" of thread on the collars and I lowered it to 38.5" to even out with the back. They felt stiffer are the higher setting and I replaced a spacer lift which had me at 38" so I'm happy where it's at. These are rough estimates but if factory is at 35"? 285 km2s give me 1" that means the coils are giving me 2.5". From what I've read every truck is a little different so I just played with it until I liked where it was at. However, with the new coils I'm now rubbing on the cab mounts so those are getting chopped today for $150 both sides. The spacer lift had no rubbing.....go figure!

Good luck man!

Mike
Old 07-14-2010, 10:18 AM   #3
With sufficient thrust, pigs fly just fine.
chris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: FlimFlubberJAM
chris4x4's Tacoma Gallery
38.5" gives you 3" lift with 33" tires.
Old 07-14-2010, 10:33 AM   #4
Sublime is one of the sharper tools in the shedSublime is one of the sharper tools in the shedSublime is one of the sharper tools in the shedSublime is one of the sharper tools in the shedSublime is one of the sharper tools in the shedSublime is one of the sharper tools in the shedSublime is one of the sharper tools in the shedSublime is one of the sharper tools in the shedSublime is one of the sharper tools in the shedSublime is one of the sharper tools in the shedSublime is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Sublime's Tacoma Gallery
Never owned the truck stock so wasn't sure what the factory height was. So I could probably lower it another .5" and keep it at 38". Would like to take advantage of travel and shock dampening more than lift. After that spacer lift I relized I'm looking more for a better ride and I thought the Toytec's would be a little softer with the 600lb spring. I'm happy with them though!
Old 07-14-2010, 06:23 PM   #5
ETaco23 is one of the sharper tools in the shedETaco23 is one of the sharper tools in the shedETaco23 is one of the sharper tools in the shedETaco23 is one of the sharper tools in the shedETaco23 is one of the sharper tools in the shedETaco23 is one of the sharper tools in the shedETaco23 is one of the sharper tools in the shedETaco23 is one of the sharper tools in the shedETaco23 is one of the sharper tools in the shedETaco23 is one of the sharper tools in the shedETaco23 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

ETaco23's Tacoma Gallery
Is that measurement the same for the 1st gens.
Cause Im not exactly sure what I need to be at with my 285's.... Is 38-3/4" right?
Old 07-14-2010, 06:32 PM   #6
With sufficient thrust, pigs fly just fine.
chris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: FlimFlubberJAM
chris4x4's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by EverTaco23 View Post
Is that measurement the same for the 1st gens.
Cause Im not exactly sure what I need to be at with my 285's.... Is 38-3/4" right?
I havent measured the stock first gen
Old 07-14-2010, 08:27 PM   #8

Sublime's Tacoma Gallery
Do your tires have good clearance/no rubbing? You should be good. It sounds like we both have about the same height.

Nice truck by the way, it looks great!
Old 07-14-2010, 08:32 PM   #9

ETaco23's Tacoma Gallery
Thanks man! I like yours too.
Yeah, I have some rub but not much. Im just wanting to know if my front coilovers are still at 3" lift or if they've sagged a little. Bc I really dont know what measurement I should be at....