Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Suspension

Notices

King Coilover - Only 1/2" Lift

Old 07-15-2010, 09:58 AM   #1
nighthawk87 will become famous soon enoughnighthawk87 will become famous soon enough
nighthawk87's Tacoma Gallery
King Coilover - Only 1/2" Lift

Well I'm bummed. Got rid of the Leeper due to all the noises and now got $1400 King's

My suspension saga continues. Now the Kings gave me only a 1/2" of lift when they're supposed to give 2.5" without adjustment. To make it worse the Kings with remote resi have to be REMOVED to adjust!!!!

I must say they don't ride good either. Maybe it has to due with the lift and they're to backed off but they ride like stock I not worse. Really bouncy an not firm at all.

Sonny at downsoutg who I bought them from set me up an appt at King on Monday so we shall see how that goes!

Any ideas anyone? Pics of anyone with their kings so I can compare thread?

I was at 21.5" from center of hub to wheelwell stock and now at 22".

Help!!
Old 07-15-2010, 11:33 AM   #2
bajamoon is one of the sharper tools in the shedbajamoon is one of the sharper tools in the shedbajamoon is one of the sharper tools in the shedbajamoon is one of the sharper tools in the shedbajamoon is one of the sharper tools in the shedbajamoon is one of the sharper tools in the shedbajamoon is one of the sharper tools in the shedbajamoon is one of the sharper tools in the shedbajamoon is one of the sharper tools in the shedbajamoon is one of the sharper tools in the shedbajamoon is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: STEVE
bajamoon's Tacoma Gallery
king will take care of it. did Sonny valve them to your truck or just sell them to you. What do you mean you can't adjust them, if you jack up your truck and releive tension on the coilover you should be able to adjust them. mine ride sweet but maybe something inside isn't right. king have great customer service so no worries.

KING FTW
Old 07-15-2010, 11:37 AM   #3
Banned
whippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Christian
whippersnapper02's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to whippersnapper02
I think you should get an OME setup. No adjustment because it isn't needed. That was my plan until I saw the Leepers for sale. If I end up not liking the Leepers I'm going with OME. I don't need a performance coilover since I don't plan on doing any high speed runs. I have a quad for that.
Old 07-15-2010, 02:22 PM   #4
Coolidge will become famous soon enough

Name: Guy
Coolidge's Tacoma Gallery
Heres mine:

Old 07-15-2010, 02:43 PM   #5
RAD@RECHELON/AESTHETICS
RAD is one of the sharper tools in the shedRAD is one of the sharper tools in the shedRAD is one of the sharper tools in the shedRAD is one of the sharper tools in the shedRAD is one of the sharper tools in the shedRAD is one of the sharper tools in the shedRAD is one of the sharper tools in the shedRAD is one of the sharper tools in the shedRAD is one of the sharper tools in the shedRAD is one of the sharper tools in the shedRAD is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: RAD
RAD's Tacoma Gallery
KINGS FTMFW. . . I wouldn't get anything Else.
Old 07-15-2010, 05:44 PM   #6
Coolidge will become famous soon enough

Name: Guy
Coolidge's Tacoma Gallery
True Dat!
Old 07-15-2010, 05:49 PM   #7
ktmrider is one of the sharper tools in the shedktmrider is one of the sharper tools in the shedktmrider is one of the sharper tools in the shedktmrider is one of the sharper tools in the shedktmrider is one of the sharper tools in the shedktmrider is one of the sharper tools in the shedktmrider is one of the sharper tools in the shedktmrider is one of the sharper tools in the shedktmrider is one of the sharper tools in the shedktmrider is one of the sharper tools in the shedktmrider is one of the sharper tools in the shed

ktmrider's Tacoma Gallery
my stock fender heights was 20 1/4 inches fender to hub, so you have like close to 2 inches
Old 07-15-2010, 07:46 PM   #8
nelson18matt is one of the sharper tools in the shednelson18matt is one of the sharper tools in the shednelson18matt is one of the sharper tools in the shednelson18matt is one of the sharper tools in the shednelson18matt is one of the sharper tools in the shednelson18matt is one of the sharper tools in the shednelson18matt is one of the sharper tools in the shednelson18matt is one of the sharper tools in the shednelson18matt is one of the sharper tools in the shednelson18matt is one of the sharper tools in the shednelson18matt is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Air Force: Ex-Cone
nelson18matt's Tacoma Gallery
something is wrong here cause you dont have to remove the resi to adjust the shocks. post up a pic
Old 07-15-2010, 09:09 PM   #9
nighthawk87 will become famous soon enoughnighthawk87 will become famous soon enough
OK, I went to King and for some reason when they measured it measured out to 22 1/2" from wheel hub to fender bottom. Then they meausre other truck on the parking lot, 4x4 v6 and it was 20 1/2", so I got 2" out of them apparently. I do remember measuring though before hand and was stock at 21.5"....so whatever.

They also increased the pressure to 175psi instead of 150psi, they seem to ride better to me now.

I do wish it would sit level with the rear (which I have toytec TSB add a leafs on). I'm going to take them off and adjust them up another inch (5 full turns according to the insttruction maneul)

KING has GREAT customer service. While I was there they gave me a tour of their facilities and showed me how them make the shocks, etc...!!!

they also showed me the up and coming rear shock system with remote resi and ON THE FLY ADJUSTABILITY FOR FIRMNESS!!

I must say I am impressed by KING and the owner himself, but I just was expecting more lift out of them. Haven't had a chance to run them offroad yet but will this weekend. Also need wheels and tires which will probably help set it off and give me the look so many others have on here. Maybe the stock wheels and tires are throwing it off along with the add a leaf.

They said I shouldn't have added the rear add a leaf.
Old 07-15-2010, 09:24 PM   #10
nvdeserted is one of the sharper tools in the shednvdeserted is one of the sharper tools in the shednvdeserted is one of the sharper tools in the shednvdeserted is one of the sharper tools in the shednvdeserted is one of the sharper tools in the shednvdeserted is one of the sharper tools in the shednvdeserted is one of the sharper tools in the shednvdeserted is one of the sharper tools in the shednvdeserted is one of the sharper tools in the shednvdeserted is one of the sharper tools in the shednvdeserted is one of the sharper tools in the shed

nvdeserted's Tacoma Gallery
IMO adjustable coilovers require a little work when you get them set up. I adjusted mine several times to compensate for lean and load; now the're right where I want them and I'm real happy with the performance and look.

I see how it's a pain in the ass if you weren't planning on it, but you'll be stoked when they're dialed in.
Old 07-15-2010, 09:26 PM   #11
nelson18matt is one of the sharper tools in the shednelson18matt is one of the sharper tools in the shednelson18matt is one of the sharper tools in the shednelson18matt is one of the sharper tools in the shednelson18matt is one of the sharper tools in the shednelson18matt is one of the sharper tools in the shednelson18matt is one of the sharper tools in the shednelson18matt is one of the sharper tools in the shednelson18matt is one of the sharper tools in the shednelson18matt is one of the sharper tools in the shednelson18matt is one of the sharper tools in the shed

thats cool, i want a tour of the king shop... glad they were very helpful to you

i only hear good things about king

if the shocks still feel a little too soft, put some preload on the coil

that will firm up the ride and get the front end more level w/ the rear
Old 07-15-2010, 11:19 PM   #12
Honey your two French Fries short of a Happy Meal.
eight3one_offroad is one of the sharper tools in the shedeight3one_offroad is one of the sharper tools in the shedeight3one_offroad is one of the sharper tools in the shedeight3one_offroad is one of the sharper tools in the shedeight3one_offroad is one of the sharper tools in the shedeight3one_offroad is one of the sharper tools in the shedeight3one_offroad is one of the sharper tools in the shedeight3one_offroad is one of the sharper tools in the shedeight3one_offroad is one of the sharper tools in the shedeight3one_offroad is one of the sharper tools in the shedeight3one_offroad is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Richard
eight3one_offroad's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to eight3one_offroad
I'm at about 25" from center of hub to top of wheel wells. My CV's are fine, I can't wait because tomorrow I'm mounting my Camburg UCA's
Old 07-15-2010, 11:41 PM   #13
nvdeserted is one of the sharper tools in the shednvdeserted is one of the sharper tools in the shednvdeserted is one of the sharper tools in the shednvdeserted is one of the sharper tools in the shednvdeserted is one of the sharper tools in the shednvdeserted is one of the sharper tools in the shednvdeserted is one of the sharper tools in the shednvdeserted is one of the sharper tools in the shednvdeserted is one of the sharper tools in the shednvdeserted is one of the sharper tools in the shednvdeserted is one of the sharper tools in the shed

nvdeserted's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by nelson18matt View Post
thats cool, i want a tour of the king shop... glad they were very helpful to you

i only hear good things about king

if the shocks still feel a little too soft, put some preload on the coil

that will firm up the ride and get the front end more level w/ the rear
Dude I just noticed your sig picture. How fun is that thing to shmob!?!Looking good.

Sorry for the jack.
Old 07-16-2010, 07:04 AM   #14
I don't see how you can be 25" even if stock is 21.5" that would put you at 3.5" of lift! That can't be good for the ucas cvs or downtravel. Do you even have downtravel?

Are they kings or a long travel co?
Old 07-16-2010, 07:33 AM   #15

Quote:
Originally Posted by nvdeserted View Post
Dude I just noticed your sig picture. How fun is that thing to shmob!?!Looking good.

Sorry for the jack.
thanks man, truck is pretty fun. it'll be much better in a few months when i get the rear susp built too
Old 07-16-2010, 05:11 PM   #16
I love these shocks! Trail run next weekend in south oc?
Old 07-16-2010, 05:20 PM   #17
bajamoon is one of the sharper tools in the shedbajamoon is one of the sharper tools in the shedbajamoon is one of the sharper tools in the shedbajamoon is one of the sharper tools in the shedbajamoon is one of the sharper tools in the shedbajamoon is one of the sharper tools in the shedbajamoon is one of the sharper tools in the shedbajamoon is one of the sharper tools in the shedbajamoon is one of the sharper tools in the shedbajamoon is one of the sharper tools in the shedbajamoon is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: STEVE
bajamoon's Tacoma Gallery
so King took care of you?
Old 07-16-2010, 11:00 PM   #18
Yeah. The only thing that would have been nice is to have them adjust the coilovers to 2.5" since that's what they were supposed to be at. However that requires taking them out so I can't really expect that.

They were awesome group of people there I must say. If your ever in the area stop buy and chat with them. They love showing you the shop.
Old 07-16-2010, 11:03 PM   #19
Those that have the coilovers did you put anything in the back? If so did you adjusts the coilovers at all? Did you take them off to do it?
Old 07-16-2010, 11:06 PM   #20

you dont have to take the CO's off the truck to adjust them, infact it's easier to do it while they are still on the truck

jack the truck up so their is no pressure on the susp

loosen the set screw on the collar

crank away

re tighten set screw, and lower truck, check height, repeat as necessary