Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Suspension

Notices

Will longer spindles help my upper ball joint angle?

Old 07-15-2010, 01:43 PM   #1
Farva is on a distinguished road

Coast Guard:
Name: Justin
Farva's Tacoma Gallery
Will longer spindles help my upper ball joint angle?

I just picked up a set of Moog Ball Joints for my rig, and while I wait for an afternoon to stick em in, Ive been worrying that they're going to wear out pretty fast at the angle that my SAW's are putting them in.

Here's what they look like,

And this is at full droop (this side is completely shot, boot and all)

Any way im trying to set my schedule up so i can take a couple days and take the front end all apart, rebuild the SAWs, replace the upper ball joints, and I WAS going to just strip and repaint the spindles all in one swipe. I'm wondering though if I should find some longer spindles to help this problem... and if so is there one off another Toyota truck that would swap out? Maybe off a tundra?

I do put the truck to the test off road, but I don't think enough to justify Uniballs.

Thanks for any ideas!
Old 07-15-2010, 02:16 PM   #2
Coolidge will become famous soon enough

Name: Guy
Coolidge's Tacoma Gallery
A/M UCA's will cure that problem. The only longer spindles Ive seen are from Fabtech and are for their 6" DB kit. Not sure about Camburg's? Maybe 'uncrank' the C/O's a little bit. Getting the front a little lower will help w/upper BJ angle
Old 07-15-2010, 02:44 PM   #3
RAD@RECHELON/AESTHETICS
RAD is one of the sharper tools in the shedRAD is one of the sharper tools in the shedRAD is one of the sharper tools in the shedRAD is one of the sharper tools in the shedRAD is one of the sharper tools in the shedRAD is one of the sharper tools in the shedRAD is one of the sharper tools in the shedRAD is one of the sharper tools in the shedRAD is one of the sharper tools in the shedRAD is one of the sharper tools in the shedRAD is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: RAD
RAD's Tacoma Gallery
Dude... Thats a lot of RUST

Hope all works out for you

Old 07-15-2010, 02:54 PM   #4
bajamoon is one of the sharper tools in the shedbajamoon is one of the sharper tools in the shedbajamoon is one of the sharper tools in the shedbajamoon is one of the sharper tools in the shedbajamoon is one of the sharper tools in the shedbajamoon is one of the sharper tools in the shedbajamoon is one of the sharper tools in the shedbajamoon is one of the sharper tools in the shedbajamoon is one of the sharper tools in the shedbajamoon is one of the sharper tools in the shedbajamoon is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: STEVE
bajamoon's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Coolidge View Post
A/M UCA's will cure that problem. The only longer spindles Ive seen are from Fabtech and are for their 6" DB kit. Not sure about Camburg's? Maybe 'uncrank' the C/O's a little bit. Getting the front a little lower will help w/upper BJ angle

agreed get new uca's and return the ball joint.