Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Suspension

Notices

Break in a 2010 before lift?

Old 07-15-2010, 09:11 PM   #1
Shamroq44 is on a distinguished road
Name: Justin
Shamroq44's Tacoma Gallery
Break in a 2010 before lift?

I have read mention of waiting until 20k miles before lifting a truck?... i guess to let it settle? Is there any truth to this or should I go ahead and lift it? i don't want to wait!!!
Old 07-15-2010, 09:12 PM   #2
What is this "search" you speak of?
Andrew H is one of the sharper tools in the shedAndrew H is one of the sharper tools in the shedAndrew H is one of the sharper tools in the shedAndrew H is one of the sharper tools in the shedAndrew H is one of the sharper tools in the shedAndrew H is one of the sharper tools in the shedAndrew H is one of the sharper tools in the shedAndrew H is one of the sharper tools in the shedAndrew H is one of the sharper tools in the shedAndrew H is one of the sharper tools in the shedAndrew H is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Firefighter:
Andrew H's Tacoma Gallery
I say lift it!
Old 07-15-2010, 09:12 PM   #3
Banned
whippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Christian
whippersnapper02's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to whippersnapper02
You can lift when you want. Most of the time you are putting new parts in anyway.
Old 07-15-2010, 09:12 PM   #4
ktmrider is one of the sharper tools in the shedktmrider is one of the sharper tools in the shedktmrider is one of the sharper tools in the shedktmrider is one of the sharper tools in the shedktmrider is one of the sharper tools in the shedktmrider is one of the sharper tools in the shedktmrider is one of the sharper tools in the shedktmrider is one of the sharper tools in the shedktmrider is one of the sharper tools in the shedktmrider is one of the sharper tools in the shedktmrider is one of the sharper tools in the shed

ktmrider's Tacoma Gallery
I did it at 19k
Old 07-15-2010, 09:14 PM   #5
kasey200 has much to be proud ofkasey200 has much to be proud ofkasey200 has much to be proud ofkasey200 has much to be proud ofkasey200 has much to be proud ofkasey200 has much to be proud ofkasey200 has much to be proud ofkasey200 has much to be proud ofkasey200 has much to be proud ofkasey200 has much to be proud of
kasey200's Tacoma Gallery
We did my brother's 2010 with 19 miles on the odometer
Old 07-15-2010, 09:29 PM   #6
tbturner47 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtbturner47 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtbturner47 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtbturner47 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtbturner47 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtbturner47 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtbturner47 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtbturner47 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtbturner47 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtbturner47 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtbturner47 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Travis
tbturner47's Tacoma Gallery
Let what settle? The parts you are removing?
Old 07-15-2010, 09:32 PM   #7
Ban Pending
HBMurphy is one of the sharper tools in the shedHBMurphy is one of the sharper tools in the shedHBMurphy is one of the sharper tools in the shedHBMurphy is one of the sharper tools in the shedHBMurphy is one of the sharper tools in the shedHBMurphy is one of the sharper tools in the shedHBMurphy is one of the sharper tools in the shedHBMurphy is one of the sharper tools in the shedHBMurphy is one of the sharper tools in the shedHBMurphy is one of the sharper tools in the shedHBMurphy is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Paul
HBMurphy's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shamroq44 View Post
I have read mention of waiting until 20k miles before lifting a truck?... i guess to let it settle? Is there any truth to this or should I go ahead and lift it? i don't want to wait!!!
Justin, I am certified in this area and if you need help breakin' that baby in, you let me know. We have a special circuit out here where we can break that baby in in less than 4,000 miles!

I did it as soon as I could get the parts!
Old 07-15-2010, 09:44 PM   #8
With sufficient thrust, pigs fly just fine.
chris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: FlimFlubberJAM
chris4x4's Tacoma Gallery
I think I had 20 miles on mine when I lifted it....
Old 07-15-2010, 09:46 PM   #10
I'm Not Your F***ing Brother
Paul's TRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedPaul's TRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedPaul's TRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedPaul's TRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedPaul's TRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedPaul's TRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedPaul's TRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedPaul's TRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedPaul's TRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedPaul's TRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedPaul's TRD is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Paul's TRD's Tacoma Gallery
3000 miles when i lifted and that was only about 2 weeks ago.
Old 07-15-2010, 10:06 PM   #11
Ban Pending
HBMurphy is one of the sharper tools in the shedHBMurphy is one of the sharper tools in the shedHBMurphy is one of the sharper tools in the shedHBMurphy is one of the sharper tools in the shedHBMurphy is one of the sharper tools in the shedHBMurphy is one of the sharper tools in the shedHBMurphy is one of the sharper tools in the shedHBMurphy is one of the sharper tools in the shedHBMurphy is one of the sharper tools in the shedHBMurphy is one of the sharper tools in the shedHBMurphy is one of the sharper tools in the shed

I'd even add that it is a great way to get to know your new truck.

If you are going to do it and you can afford it (while keeping money in the bank too!) - do it when you can.

Otherwise if you are putting it off 'cause you haven't decided what or how to do it, or you will wipe out your savings - wait! It still can be a lot of fun and depending upon what you want to do with your truck - you may be good with it the way it sits! You can get to a lot of places in a stock truck than you can in a stock Civic!
Old 07-15-2010, 10:09 PM   #12
Ban Pending

While we're at it...

What model?
How do you plan on doing it?
4? 2? or 6 wheel drive?
TRD? Off road? Sport?
What type of lift?
What brand components?
Are you doing a self-install? Shop?
Where?
Old 07-15-2010, 10:29 PM   #13
Alaskan Assassin
907taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed907taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed907taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed907taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed907taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed907taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed907taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed907taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed907taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed907taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed907taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Bobby
907taco's Tacoma Gallery
i had my dealer install a spacer lift and aal the next day after i drove it off the lot. now i can't wait to get it off.........

toytec ultimate going on, waiting on back ordered leaf packs before i install
Old 07-15-2010, 10:36 PM   #14
Ban Pending

Quote:
Originally Posted by 907taco View Post
i had my dealer install a spacer lift and aal the next day after i drove it off the lot. now i can't wait to get it off.........

toytec ultimate going on, waiting on back ordered leaf packs before i install
And that kind of mistake/first take, was why I asked the OP what he was planning so he might be able to save the first take and do the 'right thang!'
Old 07-15-2010, 10:37 PM   #15
nvdeserted is one of the sharper tools in the shednvdeserted is one of the sharper tools in the shednvdeserted is one of the sharper tools in the shednvdeserted is one of the sharper tools in the shednvdeserted is one of the sharper tools in the shednvdeserted is one of the sharper tools in the shednvdeserted is one of the sharper tools in the shednvdeserted is one of the sharper tools in the shednvdeserted is one of the sharper tools in the shednvdeserted is one of the sharper tools in the shednvdeserted is one of the sharper tools in the shed

nvdeserted's Tacoma Gallery
Yep, there's nothing that needs breaking in pre-lift.

Like they said, make sure you do it right... or at least the way you want it. I guess the only break-in time is the time it takes you to break-in your lift knowledge.