Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Suspension

Notices

Do I need to wait to install rear 5100's after TSB

Old 07-17-2010, 12:52 PM   #1
Devildoc is a splendid one to beholdDevildoc is a splendid one to beholdDevildoc is a splendid one to beholdDevildoc is a splendid one to beholdDevildoc is a splendid one to beholdDevildoc is a splendid one to beholdDevildoc is a splendid one to behold
Navy: 2/4 5th REG, 1st Mar Div
Devildoc's Tacoma Gallery
Do I need to wait to install rear 5100's after TSB

I am ready to install my rear 5100's but my question is, do I need to wait until my rear leaf spring to settle before I install my shocks? I just had my TSB for one day and gained about one inch. Please advice! Thanks in advance!
Old 07-17-2010, 12:53 PM   #2
AdoptaTaco is just really niceAdoptaTaco is just really niceAdoptaTaco is just really niceAdoptaTaco is just really niceAdoptaTaco is just really nice
Name: Brandon
AdoptaTaco's Tacoma Gallery
I had the dealer install mine for free when they did the TSB.. They had to remove the shock anyways
Old 07-17-2010, 01:20 PM   #3
Devildoc is a splendid one to beholdDevildoc is a splendid one to beholdDevildoc is a splendid one to beholdDevildoc is a splendid one to beholdDevildoc is a splendid one to beholdDevildoc is a splendid one to beholdDevildoc is a splendid one to behold
Navy: 2/4 5th REG, 1st Mar Div
Devildoc's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by AdoptaTaco View Post
I had the dealer install mine for free when they did the TSB.. They had to remove the shock anyways
Can you tell the difference from having a stock shocks compare to the 5100's?
Old 07-17-2010, 01:36 PM   #4
Toyota Truck is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyota Truck is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyota Truck is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyota Truck is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyota Truck is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyota Truck is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyota Truck is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyota Truck is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyota Truck is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyota Truck is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyota Truck is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: JT
Toyota Truck's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by AdoptaTaco View Post
Dammit I should of thought of that. I would have bought my lift a long time of go.
Old 07-17-2010, 03:16 PM   #5
AdoptaTaco is just really niceAdoptaTaco is just really niceAdoptaTaco is just really niceAdoptaTaco is just really niceAdoptaTaco is just really nice
Name: Brandon
AdoptaTaco's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Devildoc View Post
Can you tell the difference from having a stock shocks compare to the 5100's?

Hard to say, considering I had the TSB and shocks done together.. It now feels stiffer in a good way..... (thats what she said)