Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Suspension

Notices

Squeak in the back!!!help me

Old 07-18-2010, 03:38 PM   #1
4ari trd is on a distinguished road

4ari trd's Tacoma Gallery
Squeak in the back!!!help me

my back end is squeaking really bad and its so gay..i dont know what is it or how to fix it i tried spraying lube all over the leaf springs and it just doesnt help...Any ideas?
Old 07-18-2010, 03:43 PM   #2
Carolina Alliance: Lead, follow, or get the hell outta my way
tacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Will
tacomaman06's Tacoma Gallery
probably need to pressure wash your rear springs and may have to pry up on them and spray some good dry moly lube back there on the silencer pads and all between the leafs. dont use stuff like wd40....it attracts dirt/dust.
Old 07-18-2010, 03:54 PM   #3
Dedicated Crew Chief
AKTacoma has a spectacular aura aboutAKTacoma has a spectacular aura about

Air Force: Crew Chief
Name: Chris
AKTacoma's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by tacomaman06 View Post
probably need to pressure wash your rear springs and may have to pry up on them and spray some good dry moly lube back there on the silencer pads and all between the leafs. dont use stuff like wd40....it attracts dirt/dust.
X2 I've used dry lubes or even lube with teflon in it worked for me
Old 07-18-2010, 03:59 PM   #4

So it's not the shocks it's the leaf springs. I cleaned them good I just need to buy some good lube. Where can I get some good lube.
Old 07-18-2010, 04:00 PM   #5
Carolina Alliance: Lead, follow, or get the hell outta my way
tacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Will
tacomaman06's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by 4ari trd View Post
So it's not the shocks it's the leaf springs. I cleaned them good I just need to buy some good lube. Where can I get some good lube.
autozone/pep boys/advanced...tractor supply...they all carry some different stuff.
Old 07-18-2010, 04:06 PM   #6
Can you skin Grizz, pilgram?
tacomakid96 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomakid96 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomakid96 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomakid96 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomakid96 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomakid96 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomakid96 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomakid96 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomakid96 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomakid96 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomakid96 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Phil
tacomakid96's Tacoma Gallery
My leafs were squeeking and they were cracjed right where the ubolt is
Old 07-18-2010, 04:36 PM   #7
DevL is one of the sharper tools in the shedDevL is one of the sharper tools in the shedDevL is one of the sharper tools in the shedDevL is one of the sharper tools in the shedDevL is one of the sharper tools in the shedDevL is one of the sharper tools in the shedDevL is one of the sharper tools in the shedDevL is one of the sharper tools in the shedDevL is one of the sharper tools in the shedDevL is one of the sharper tools in the shedDevL is one of the sharper tools in the shed
DevL's Tacoma Gallery
Mine squeak at all 4 wrap points everytime I wheel or every 2 weeks which ever comes first. The solution is to have CLEAN leaf springs (presure wash the crap out of them). When dry, I spray Liquid Wrench silicon lube on and in the 4 wrap points on the leaf springs. By the time I get to where I am going or come back if I just let it sit the springs dont squeak. Its not the leaves, the shocks, or the U bolts... its the wraps that squeak on my truck (2010 DC 4x4) and all 4 squeaked after the first time I got em muddy/dirty. Lubing any other area does nothing for me. Just the wraps.
Old 07-18-2010, 04:49 PM   #8

That's what I kinda thought I'll try that
Old 07-18-2010, 04:51 PM   #9
The Welfare Cadilac
Max-4_Yota is one of the sharper tools in the shedMax-4_Yota is one of the sharper tools in the shedMax-4_Yota is one of the sharper tools in the shedMax-4_Yota is one of the sharper tools in the shedMax-4_Yota is one of the sharper tools in the shedMax-4_Yota is one of the sharper tools in the shedMax-4_Yota is one of the sharper tools in the shedMax-4_Yota is one of the sharper tools in the shedMax-4_Yota is one of the sharper tools in the shedMax-4_Yota is one of the sharper tools in the shedMax-4_Yota is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Michael
Max-4_Yota's Tacoma Gallery
Mine did the same thing so i got some white grease and pryed the springs apart so far so good.
Old 07-27-2010, 10:36 PM   #10
DevL is one of the sharper tools in the shedDevL is one of the sharper tools in the shedDevL is one of the sharper tools in the shedDevL is one of the sharper tools in the shedDevL is one of the sharper tools in the shedDevL is one of the sharper tools in the shedDevL is one of the sharper tools in the shedDevL is one of the sharper tools in the shedDevL is one of the sharper tools in the shedDevL is one of the sharper tools in the shedDevL is one of the sharper tools in the shed
DevL's Tacoma Gallery
Im trying white lithium spray grease to see if it lasts longer than liquid wrench silicon lube. Its only $3 a can at Oreillys