Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Suspension

Notices

Bilstein Height Adjustable Front shocks

Old 06-17-2008, 10:29 AM   #1
Eat My Dirt
Siafu is a jewel in the roughSiafu is a jewel in the roughSiafu is a jewel in the rough

Siafu's Tacoma Gallery
Bilstein Height Adjustable Front shocks

How do you ppl feel about these shocks? what can you tell me about them.
Does anyone know if you can put these on yourself?
yourself= my driveway w/not a whole lotta experience

Old 06-17-2008, 10:33 AM   #2
Khaos is one of the sharper tools in the shedKhaos is one of the sharper tools in the shedKhaos is one of the sharper tools in the shedKhaos is one of the sharper tools in the shedKhaos is one of the sharper tools in the shedKhaos is one of the sharper tools in the shedKhaos is one of the sharper tools in the shedKhaos is one of the sharper tools in the shedKhaos is one of the sharper tools in the shedKhaos is one of the sharper tools in the shedKhaos is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Bryant
Khaos's Tacoma Gallery
Those are the #1 thing I recommend the most suspension wise. They look great, handle well, and are cost effective.

Your gonna need a spring compressor to install. Otherwise it shouldn't be that hard. I have not done much on my own auto wise but I'll be installing mine when I get them.
Old 06-17-2008, 10:39 AM   #3
bite me
humanoid is one of the sharper tools in the shedhumanoid is one of the sharper tools in the shedhumanoid is one of the sharper tools in the shedhumanoid is one of the sharper tools in the shedhumanoid is one of the sharper tools in the shedhumanoid is one of the sharper tools in the shedhumanoid is one of the sharper tools in the shedhumanoid is one of the sharper tools in the shedhumanoid is one of the sharper tools in the shedhumanoid is one of the sharper tools in the shedhumanoid is one of the sharper tools in the shed

humanoid's Tacoma Gallery
But if you haven't worked with a spring compressor before, I'd let a shop install the front shocks/struts on the coil for you. The rears are simple remove and replace procedure.
Old 06-17-2008, 01:16 PM   #4
BECAUSE INTERNETS!!
tigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Law Enforcement: beat cop...putting bad people in jail
Name: Jeff
tigerfan00's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by 05TacoTRD View Post
Those are the #1 thing I recommend the most suspension wise. They look great, handle well, and are cost effective.

Your gonna need a spring compressor to install. Otherwise it shouldn't be that hard. I have not done much on my own auto wise but I'll be installing mine when I get them.

it seems strange that the number one thing you recommend for people is something you dont even have

j/k
Old 06-17-2008, 01:21 PM   #5
`
rick is one of the sharper tools in the shedrick is one of the sharper tools in the shedrick is one of the sharper tools in the shedrick is one of the sharper tools in the shedrick is one of the sharper tools in the shedrick is one of the sharper tools in the shedrick is one of the sharper tools in the shedrick is one of the sharper tools in the shedrick is one of the sharper tools in the shedrick is one of the sharper tools in the shedrick is one of the sharper tools in the shed

rick's Tacoma Gallery
i have them. i highly recommend them.
Old 06-17-2008, 08:46 PM   #6
Lanceuppercut06 is on a distinguished road

Lanceuppercut06's Tacoma Gallery
dude where did you get those i want a pair for the front
Old 06-17-2008, 08:50 PM   #7
Khaos is one of the sharper tools in the shedKhaos is one of the sharper tools in the shedKhaos is one of the sharper tools in the shedKhaos is one of the sharper tools in the shedKhaos is one of the sharper tools in the shedKhaos is one of the sharper tools in the shedKhaos is one of the sharper tools in the shedKhaos is one of the sharper tools in the shedKhaos is one of the sharper tools in the shedKhaos is one of the sharper tools in the shedKhaos is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Bryant
Khaos's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lanceuppercut06 View Post
Downsouth Motosports on ebay. $160 for just the front or $269 for all four. Best price you can get
Old 06-17-2008, 09:00 PM   #8
Ridingontrd is one of the sharper tools in the shedRidingontrd is one of the sharper tools in the shedRidingontrd is one of the sharper tools in the shedRidingontrd is one of the sharper tools in the shedRidingontrd is one of the sharper tools in the shedRidingontrd is one of the sharper tools in the shedRidingontrd is one of the sharper tools in the shedRidingontrd is one of the sharper tools in the shedRidingontrd is one of the sharper tools in the shedRidingontrd is one of the sharper tools in the shedRidingontrd is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Navy: '83-'87 Hull Tech.
Name: Richard
Ridingontrd's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via Yahoo to Ridingontrd
:rockband : Done today!! Diff. drop & front 5100's.set at 1.75.plus alignment was 350otd. r/leaf tsb was done last month.The ride is .
Old 06-17-2008, 09:51 PM   #9
Founder Socaltacomas.com
SocalMan22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSocalMan22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSocalMan22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSocalMan22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSocalMan22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSocalMan22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSocalMan22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSocalMan22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSocalMan22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSocalMan22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSocalMan22 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Steve-0
SocalMan22's Tacoma Gallery
Yeah those are the shit for our trucks i have them all around and thats one of the best mods i have done, it can be done in your drive way but like humanoid said let a shop do the compressing for you and you do the rest.
Old 06-17-2008, 10:31 PM   #10
bite me
humanoid is one of the sharper tools in the shedhumanoid is one of the sharper tools in the shedhumanoid is one of the sharper tools in the shedhumanoid is one of the sharper tools in the shedhumanoid is one of the sharper tools in the shedhumanoid is one of the sharper tools in the shedhumanoid is one of the sharper tools in the shedhumanoid is one of the sharper tools in the shedhumanoid is one of the sharper tools in the shedhumanoid is one of the sharper tools in the shedhumanoid is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ridingontrd View Post
:rockband : Done today!! Diff. drop & front 5100's.set at 1.75.plus alignment was 350otd. r/leaf tsb was done last month.The ride is .
Why would you need a diff drop for only 1.75"?
Old 06-18-2008, 08:07 AM   #12
bite me

Well, at 1.75" for the front you'll be more than safe, anything over 3" for the front and you'll definitely need a diff drop. Just curious, do you need to cut your crossmember for your diff drop?
Old 06-18-2008, 08:08 AM   #13
With sufficient thrust, pigs fly just fine.
chris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: FlimFlubberJAM
chris4x4's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by humanoid View Post
Well, at 1.75" for the front you'll be more than safe, anything over 3" for the front and you'll definitely need a diff drop. Just curious, do you need to cut your crossmember for your diff drop?
Noope. Its just longer bolts with a spacer.
Old 06-18-2008, 09:14 AM   #14
San Antonio Detailer :)
Anthony will become famous soon enough
Anthony's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to Anthony
how about some before and after pics?
Old 06-18-2008, 04:41 PM   #15
Ridingontrd is one of the sharper tools in the shedRidingontrd is one of the sharper tools in the shedRidingontrd is one of the sharper tools in the shedRidingontrd is one of the sharper tools in the shedRidingontrd is one of the sharper tools in the shedRidingontrd is one of the sharper tools in the shedRidingontrd is one of the sharper tools in the shedRidingontrd is one of the sharper tools in the shedRidingontrd is one of the sharper tools in the shedRidingontrd is one of the sharper tools in the shedRidingontrd is one of the sharper tools in the shed

After shots yet to be taken.I'll get them up later tonight.
Old 06-18-2008, 11:45 PM   #18
Eat My Dirt
Siafu is a jewel in the roughSiafu is a jewel in the roughSiafu is a jewel in the rough

Siafu's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lanceuppercut06 View Post
www.toyteclifts.com
Old 06-18-2008, 11:53 PM   #19

You can pick up the fronts only if thats all you want.Cost is 160 for the pair.E-bay,Downsouth Motors.Dudes name is Sonny