Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Suspension

Notices

Add a leafs

Old 07-18-2010, 05:28 PM   #1
FLtaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedFLtaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedFLtaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedFLtaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedFLtaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedFLtaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedFLtaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedFLtaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedFLtaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedFLtaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedFLtaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Nick
FLtaco's Tacoma Gallery
Add a leafs

I've already done a add a leaf to my taco around a year ago that came with my tuff country 3" lift. Can I keep adding leafs to compensate if I get 5100s?
Old 07-18-2010, 05:32 PM   #2
The Welfare Cadilac
Max-4_Yota is one of the sharper tools in the shedMax-4_Yota is one of the sharper tools in the shedMax-4_Yota is one of the sharper tools in the shedMax-4_Yota is one of the sharper tools in the shedMax-4_Yota is one of the sharper tools in the shedMax-4_Yota is one of the sharper tools in the shedMax-4_Yota is one of the sharper tools in the shedMax-4_Yota is one of the sharper tools in the shedMax-4_Yota is one of the sharper tools in the shedMax-4_Yota is one of the sharper tools in the shedMax-4_Yota is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Michael
Max-4_Yota's Tacoma Gallery
Why do you want to add more leaf's?
Old 07-18-2010, 05:44 PM   #3
FLtaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedFLtaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedFLtaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedFLtaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedFLtaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedFLtaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedFLtaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedFLtaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedFLtaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedFLtaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedFLtaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

FLtaco's Tacoma Gallery
Was looking at getting more than 3 inch of lift in front and I'm not into the bulldog look(low in back high in front). So add another leaf to level truck.
Old 07-18-2010, 06:00 PM   #4
The Welfare Cadilac
Max-4_Yota is one of the sharper tools in the shedMax-4_Yota is one of the sharper tools in the shedMax-4_Yota is one of the sharper tools in the shedMax-4_Yota is one of the sharper tools in the shedMax-4_Yota is one of the sharper tools in the shedMax-4_Yota is one of the sharper tools in the shedMax-4_Yota is one of the sharper tools in the shedMax-4_Yota is one of the sharper tools in the shedMax-4_Yota is one of the sharper tools in the shedMax-4_Yota is one of the sharper tools in the shedMax-4_Yota is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Michael
Max-4_Yota's Tacoma Gallery
So what setup are you doing in the front?
Old 07-18-2010, 06:16 PM   #5
sachou is one of the sharper tools in the shedsachou is one of the sharper tools in the shedsachou is one of the sharper tools in the shedsachou is one of the sharper tools in the shedsachou is one of the sharper tools in the shedsachou is one of the sharper tools in the shedsachou is one of the sharper tools in the shedsachou is one of the sharper tools in the shedsachou is one of the sharper tools in the shedsachou is one of the sharper tools in the shedsachou is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Sam
sachou's Tacoma Gallery
Adding more than 1 leaf will put too much stress on the stock leaves. If you want to go more than 3 inches I'd suggest you buy an aftermarket leaf pack altogether.

Add a leafs already make the ride a little crappier, but if you're not concerned about ride quality and just want to have a ridiculously lifted truck (I personally don't have much respect for those who have this mentality), you can get a set of extended lift shackles to give you about 1.5 more inches, and you can get lift blocks that can give you 3+ more inches.
Old 07-19-2010, 01:02 PM   #6

FLtaco's Tacoma Gallery
Sweet deal I appreciate it man
Old 07-19-2010, 01:06 PM   #7
"Change is inevitable, but growth is optional."
tacomarotto is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomarotto is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomarotto is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomarotto is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomarotto is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomarotto is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomarotto is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomarotto is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomarotto is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomarotto is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomarotto is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jon
tacomarotto's Tacoma Gallery
i wouldnt stack the AAL... thats going t be SUPER stiff man. like wow.
Old 07-19-2010, 02:26 PM   #8
Front sight is one of the sharper tools in the shedFront sight is one of the sharper tools in the shedFront sight is one of the sharper tools in the shedFront sight is one of the sharper tools in the shedFront sight is one of the sharper tools in the shedFront sight is one of the sharper tools in the shedFront sight is one of the sharper tools in the shedFront sight is one of the sharper tools in the shedFront sight is one of the sharper tools in the shedFront sight is one of the sharper tools in the shedFront sight is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Law Enforcement: SeaBee
Front sight's Tacoma Gallery
I stacked two aal with no problem what so ever. I have the Procomp 3 inch suspension lift. It came with a aal and new shocks. The truck would "bulldog" slightly and was really noticable when I towed my boat- 17ft.

I added a Wheelers aal and love it. I'm slightly higher in the rear and I noticed no differance in ride quality. The wheelers aal was shorter than the procomp aal. I stacked them from longest to shortest.
Four months and no problems. The truck stays level now when I tow the boat.
I think I got about 2 1/2- 2 3/4 of total lift in the rear.
I did get longer U bolts though and new centering pins.
Dominik
Old 07-19-2010, 02:30 PM   #9
Front sight is one of the sharper tools in the shedFront sight is one of the sharper tools in the shedFront sight is one of the sharper tools in the shedFront sight is one of the sharper tools in the shedFront sight is one of the sharper tools in the shedFront sight is one of the sharper tools in the shedFront sight is one of the sharper tools in the shedFront sight is one of the sharper tools in the shedFront sight is one of the sharper tools in the shedFront sight is one of the sharper tools in the shedFront sight is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Law Enforcement: SeaBee
Front sight's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by sachou View Post
Adding more than 1 leaf will put too much stress on the stock leaves. If you want to go more than 3 inches I'd suggest you buy an aftermarket leaf pack altogether.

People get the TSB done-aal and sometimes it not enough. They make aal's for people with the tsb done. They seem to work just fine, plus cheaper then getting a full leaf pack. Toytec has some on their site and so does Wheelers.
Old 07-19-2010, 08:34 PM   #10
Scarab21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedScarab21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedScarab21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedScarab21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedScarab21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedScarab21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedScarab21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedScarab21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedScarab21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedScarab21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedScarab21 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Scarab21's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Front sight View Post
I stacked two aal with no problem what so ever. I have the Procomp 3 inch suspension lift. It came with a aal and new shocks. The truck would "bulldog" slightly and was really noticable when I towed my boat- 17ft.

I added a Wheelers aal and love it. I'm slightly higher in the rear and I noticed no differance in ride quality. The wheelers aal was shorter than the procomp aal. I stacked them from longest to shortest.
Four months and no problems. The truck stays level now when I tow the boat.
I think I got about 2 1/2- 2 3/4 of total lift in the rear.
I did get longer U bolts though and new centering pins.
Dominik

you got any pics?
Old 07-19-2010, 08:35 PM   #11
braaap
steve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Steven
steve o 77's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Max-4_Yota View Post
So what setup are you doing in the front?
x2