Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Suspension

Notices

Leveling kit AND Add-a-leaf?

Old 07-20-2010, 07:32 AM   #1
TRDGoatFarmer will become famous soon enoughTRDGoatFarmer will become famous soon enough
TRDGoatFarmer's Tacoma Gallery
Leveling kit AND Add-a-leaf?

Does any one have pic's of a 2nd gen style taco with a Leveling kit and a Add a leaf? I want the added tow capacity of the add a leaf but I also want some what of a lift ( not ridicoulus, just big enough) and Im running 265-75-17's So i dont want it to make the tires look tiny either.

Any one??
Old 07-20-2010, 04:26 PM   #2
FLtaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedFLtaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedFLtaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedFLtaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedFLtaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedFLtaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedFLtaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedFLtaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedFLtaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedFLtaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedFLtaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Nick
FLtaco's Tacoma Gallery
3 inch lift and add a leafs in back. Tuff country 3" lift to be exact came with everything only 250$. Did all the instalation myself only took a day with someones help. And a trip to auto zone to rent a strut compressor.
Attached Thumbnails
Leveling kit AND Add-a-leaf?-imageuploadedbytapatalk.jpg  
Old 07-20-2010, 10:02 PM   #3
Sublime is one of the sharper tools in the shedSublime is one of the sharper tools in the shedSublime is one of the sharper tools in the shedSublime is one of the sharper tools in the shedSublime is one of the sharper tools in the shedSublime is one of the sharper tools in the shedSublime is one of the sharper tools in the shedSublime is one of the sharper tools in the shedSublime is one of the sharper tools in the shedSublime is one of the sharper tools in the shedSublime is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Mike
Sublime's Tacoma Gallery
I now have coilovers but had a 2.5" spacer and AAl on 285s. Pretty good set-up just stiff, especially off road.

Mike
Attached Thumbnails
Leveling kit AND Add-a-leaf?-100_1063.jpg   Leveling kit AND Add-a-leaf?-100_1066.jpg   Leveling kit AND Add-a-leaf?-100_1067.jpg  
Old 07-23-2010, 02:46 PM   #4
cqbeymer is on a distinguished road
Name: Chris
cqbeymer's Tacoma Gallery
I have a 08 tacoma AC in January 09 i put 2.5 coilover spacers in the front it was called a leaveling Kit(Part#DAYKT09116BK) and 285/75/16 Bridgestone A/T Duller Revo's. Acouple of weeks later it looked like the rear end was saging but i measured the two ends i guess the back end in the tacoma just looks low. So for a better look i put 1.5 inch Add a leaf's and i did notice some rubing issues with my tires because of having a bigger tire on a stock wheel, i put 1/4 inch spaces on the wheels and now no rub. i have gone through a lot to make it right, even tho i have a tiny bit of steering wheel shimmy at and between 55-65 it becomes less when i balence my tires. besides the shimmy it rides a little stiff like you can feels alot of the bumps in the road at high speeds like every truck. all in all great decision in a less expensive lift.

next to my buddies H2 His is a smige taller than mine i have better gas mileage and its faster
cost of and lift $215
tires $900
Old 07-23-2010, 02:50 PM   #5
Banned
jjw1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjjw1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjjw1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjjw1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjjw1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjjw1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjjw1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjjw1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjjw1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjjw1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjjw1 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Jesse
jjw1's Tacoma Gallery
ive got the readylift leveling kit!!! 2.25 front n 1 inch aal in back!!!

http://s789.photobucket.com/albums/y...s5-6-10034.jpg
Old 07-23-2010, 02:52 PM   #6
Banned
jjw1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjjw1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjjw1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjjw1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjjw1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjjw1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjjw1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjjw1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjjw1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjjw1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjjw1 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Jesse
jjw1's Tacoma Gallery
???

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sublime View Post
I now have coilovers but had a 2.5" spacer and AAl on 285s. Pretty good set-up just stiff, especially off road.

Mike
r those 17s or 18s???
Old 07-29-2010, 05:39 PM   #8
cpthowdy4876 is on a distinguished road
cpthowdy4876's Tacoma Gallery
Cool

i did a 2.25" leveling kit in front and an ad a leaf out back with the 265s i had on it, no rub now and going to 285s when these wear out
Attached Thumbnails
Leveling kit AND Add-a-leaf?-downsize.jpg  
Old 08-02-2010, 07:42 AM   #10
Banned
raswank is one of the sharper tools in the shedraswank is one of the sharper tools in the shedraswank is one of the sharper tools in the shedraswank is one of the sharper tools in the shedraswank is one of the sharper tools in the shedraswank is one of the sharper tools in the shedraswank is one of the sharper tools in the shedraswank is one of the sharper tools in the shedraswank is one of the sharper tools in the shedraswank is one of the sharper tools in the shedraswank is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Rick
raswank's Tacoma Gallery
I just bought a 2010 Taco D/C V-6 4x4 6 speed TRD Sport in Barcelona Red. I want to just level it out. I want spacer's that go on top of the coils. Anyone recommend anything. Coil overs are nice, but I don't want to have to mod anything. Just want the front to look level with the back. And to get rid of these 265/65 17 inch tires. If I could find a decent coil over system for the front with no mods. Than I would probably do it.
Old 08-02-2010, 11:14 AM   #11
FLtaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedFLtaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedFLtaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedFLtaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedFLtaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedFLtaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedFLtaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedFLtaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedFLtaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedFLtaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedFLtaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Nick
FLtaco's Tacoma Gallery
The tuff country just involved putting 3 inch spacers over struts. Wouldn't have taken 10 hours if I didn't have to run to auto zone that day. Could have been done in 6 hours or so. Involves disasembling alot in front