1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Toytec AAL install question?

Discussion in 'Suspension' started by Taco4x4NC, Jul 21, 2010.

1. Jul 21, 2010 at 5:12 AM
    Taco4x4NC

Taco4x4NC [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    David
    Western North Carolina
    Vehicle:
    2010 4x4 DC/LB "Pytrite Mica/Katzkin leather
    3m clear bra or Venture, stant locking gas cap, Shield, front windows tinted, weathertechs, ARE "Z" topper. Sockmonkey decal, Billy 5100's x 4 corners, Eibach coils, Toytec 1.5 AAL. Michelin 265/75/16 MS2's, Grillcraft MX series/TOYOTA badging. FJ/SE TRD Anthracite gray wheels. Katzkin leather/heated seats.
    This question is for anyone who has the Toytec AAL 1.5" installed. I have a 2010 DC/LB and my present set up is Bilsteins on all 4 corners with Eibach coils in the front.

My front Bilsteins are set at zero. This causes my truck to be a .5" nose high in the front. Which is not bad until I add weight to the bed. This measurement is from frame to floor in behind front wheel and infront of the rear wheel. 14.5" infront, 14.00" in rear. So with a full tank of gas and a load in the bed I get a little more nose high as you can imagine.

My thoughts are by adding the 1.5 AAL in the rear, I should end up with a 1" rear lift. Does this sound about right? I also am wondering if this will look right or will it look like the rear is too high?

I appreciate the help...

2. Jul 21, 2010 at 12:57 PM
    dgr540

dgr540 I've got the FUNK

Member:
    Friendswood, TX
    Vehicle:
    2013 Wrangler Unlimited
    XDs Trail grappler 35x12.5x18 Winch 8K lbs Front bumper 4in Lift
    I just install my 1.5 AAL this past weekend, but I also have the TSB. I do not have lifting coils but my 5100's are set to 1.75. I have a little rake, but that is what I wanted. Either way for you it wouldn't hurt. I personally just do not want to looking up at the sky with a heavy load or towing something. So I do not think it would look funny. Here is a pic of mine, my front looks high but drive way is slanted upward. Look at the base of my truck and you will see it is high towards the back.
    [​IMG]

Products Discussed in

To Top