Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Suspension

Notices

question about uniballs and snow....

Old 07-22-2010, 12:07 AM   #1
ttylerr is one of the sharper tools in the shedttylerr is one of the sharper tools in the shedttylerr is one of the sharper tools in the shedttylerr is one of the sharper tools in the shedttylerr is one of the sharper tools in the shedttylerr is one of the sharper tools in the shedttylerr is one of the sharper tools in the shedttylerr is one of the sharper tools in the shedttylerr is one of the sharper tools in the shedttylerr is one of the sharper tools in the shedttylerr is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Tyler
ttylerr's Tacoma Gallery
question about uniballs and snow....

so yeah, as the title suggests, have any of you guys running uniball ucas whether they be camburg, total chaos, built right, whatever... has anyone had any issues with the uniballs being damaged by road salt or corrosion or that sort of thing? i'm looking to upgrade my ucas in the near future and want to go the uniball route, but living in southern ontario our roads get salted and calcium coated all the time during the winter and i can't see that being very good for the exposed uniballs. any info would be great!
Old 07-22-2010, 12:12 AM   #2
Custom Tacoma bumpers & more for your offroad toy
RelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Eric
RelentlessTaco's Tacoma Gallery
My buddy Timicha runs the Camburg UCAs and hasnt had any issues yet after going through the snow/ice, and rain of winter here in central Oregon. With some regular care to clean and lube them they should be fine for a while IMO. Though I personally prefer the Light Racing UCA's, i've been running them for about a year now and they've been awesome. More adjustment than any other UCA, cheaper than other UCAs, offer more travel than stock UCA's, are fully sealed like stock, and have boots that can handle the angles associated with my truck sitting at 3.25" of lift. They're a WIN in my book.