Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Suspension

Notices

Wheeler's progressive vs Dakars

Old 07-23-2010, 12:56 PM   #1
jspadaro is one of the sharper tools in the shedjspadaro is one of the sharper tools in the shedjspadaro is one of the sharper tools in the shedjspadaro is one of the sharper tools in the shedjspadaro is one of the sharper tools in the shedjspadaro is one of the sharper tools in the shedjspadaro is one of the sharper tools in the shedjspadaro is one of the sharper tools in the shedjspadaro is one of the sharper tools in the shedjspadaro is one of the sharper tools in the shedjspadaro is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Jim
jspadaro's Tacoma Gallery
Wheeler's progressive vs Dakars

I'm lifting the front of my truck 1.75" to 2" (haven't decided yet), leeper coilovers.

I need to decide on the rear. Wheeler's progressive 3-leaf AAL is cheaper and raises the amount I really want (1.5"), but I'm afraid it won't ride that great.

The Dakar's are supposed to ride awesome, but they give 2.75" of lift, which is too much. I don't mind maintaining factory rake but I don't want to throw it off. I can remove the third leaf, but that's still 2"...

Thinking I'll do dakars - the third leaf, what do you guys think?

Also, just to be clear, the "third leaf" is the third leaf counting from the TOP or BOTTOM or the pack?
Old 08-11-2010, 02:11 PM   #3
jspadaro is one of the sharper tools in the shedjspadaro is one of the sharper tools in the shedjspadaro is one of the sharper tools in the shedjspadaro is one of the sharper tools in the shedjspadaro is one of the sharper tools in the shedjspadaro is one of the sharper tools in the shedjspadaro is one of the sharper tools in the shedjspadaro is one of the sharper tools in the shedjspadaro is one of the sharper tools in the shedjspadaro is one of the sharper tools in the shedjspadaro is one of the sharper tools in the shed
I already decided Dakar's, but, dude, this is not an answer to my question at all.
Old 08-11-2010, 02:20 PM   #4
Watching Chris4x4 o.O
borderbrat is one of the sharper tools in the shedborderbrat is one of the sharper tools in the shedborderbrat is one of the sharper tools in the shedborderbrat is one of the sharper tools in the shedborderbrat is one of the sharper tools in the shedborderbrat is one of the sharper tools in the shedborderbrat is one of the sharper tools in the shedborderbrat is one of the sharper tools in the shedborderbrat is one of the sharper tools in the shedborderbrat is one of the sharper tools in the shedborderbrat is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Royal Canadian Navy: Leading seaman, Electrical Technician, CFFS(E), Pacific Fleet
Name: Jeremy
borderbrat's Tacoma Gallery
2.75 is based of the 3 leaf pack so if you have 4 lead packs then the lift will be about .5" less even less if you remove the 3rd leaf. I got about 1.75 over stock with my dakars 3rd leaf removed.
Old 08-11-2010, 02:25 PM   #5
I do not have the TSB pack, so I think I'd see the full 2.75", 2"+ with third leaf out.
Old 08-11-2010, 02:25 PM   #6
Oh, and thanks, but moot point. Already ordered the dakars
Old 09-21-2010, 01:22 PM   #8
Yes, I did. Totally not getting TW emails