Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Suspension

Notices

3inch lift 4x4

Old 07-28-2010, 03:57 PM   #1
battman is on a distinguished road
Name: Tim
battman's Tacoma Gallery
3inch lift 4x4

hey i was wondering if anyone could help me out. im putting a fabtech 3.5 inch lift kit in my 02 tacoma double cab. when i was adjusting the front suspension to get the full 3 inches i noticed the 4wd shaft. do i have to do anything to the front drive shaft to get the full 3 inches or can i just leave it as it is and keep lifting it
Old 07-28-2010, 04:00 PM   #2
Long time lurker, first time poster.
Nirvana is one of the sharper tools in the shedNirvana is one of the sharper tools in the shedNirvana is one of the sharper tools in the shedNirvana is one of the sharper tools in the shedNirvana is one of the sharper tools in the shedNirvana is one of the sharper tools in the shedNirvana is one of the sharper tools in the shedNirvana is one of the sharper tools in the shedNirvana is one of the sharper tools in the shedNirvana is one of the sharper tools in the shedNirvana is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Coast Guard: Snipe
Name: Kris
Nirvana's Tacoma Gallery
You noticed the 4 wheel drive shaft...
Old 07-28-2010, 04:01 PM   #3
Almost there
08pretaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed08pretaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed08pretaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed08pretaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed08pretaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed08pretaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed08pretaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed08pretaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed08pretaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed08pretaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed08pretaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Oliver
08pretaco's Tacoma Gallery
maybe a front diff spacer/drop?
Old 07-28-2010, 04:01 PM   #4
Famous Fabrication
DWreck is one of the sharper tools in the shedDWreck is one of the sharper tools in the shedDWreck is one of the sharper tools in the shedDWreck is one of the sharper tools in the shedDWreck is one of the sharper tools in the shedDWreck is one of the sharper tools in the shedDWreck is one of the sharper tools in the shedDWreck is one of the sharper tools in the shedDWreck is one of the sharper tools in the shedDWreck is one of the sharper tools in the shedDWreck is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Derek
DWreck's Tacoma Gallery
drop bracket on the front diff please!
Old 07-28-2010, 05:05 PM   #5
nelson18matt is one of the sharper tools in the shednelson18matt is one of the sharper tools in the shednelson18matt is one of the sharper tools in the shednelson18matt is one of the sharper tools in the shednelson18matt is one of the sharper tools in the shednelson18matt is one of the sharper tools in the shednelson18matt is one of the sharper tools in the shednelson18matt is one of the sharper tools in the shednelson18matt is one of the sharper tools in the shednelson18matt is one of the sharper tools in the shednelson18matt is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Air Force: Ex-Cone
nelson18matt's Tacoma Gallery
you can only adjust the shocks as long as you have good cv angles. after that your just going to do damage to the cv's.

your prob gonna max out around 2-2.5" lift

post up pics of your cv angle here so people can tell you if they good or not

side note: what fabtech CO's you putting on? only the dirt logics are gonna be decent, the basic and performance CO's are crap and your not gonna like the ride quality they give