Notices

KYB Shocks

Old 07-28-2010, 06:49 PM   #1
We are insignificantly importnant in this universe
Codystauffer is on a distinguished road
Name: Cody
Codystauffer's Tacoma Gallery
KYB Shocks

Just bought new KYB monomax 565065 shocks in red.. Anybody else have em? Thoughts?
Old 07-29-2010, 12:55 PM   #2
Dan
YotaDan is one of the sharper tools in the shedYotaDan is one of the sharper tools in the shedYotaDan is one of the sharper tools in the shedYotaDan is one of the sharper tools in the shedYotaDan is one of the sharper tools in the shedYotaDan is one of the sharper tools in the shedYotaDan is one of the sharper tools in the shedYotaDan is one of the sharper tools in the shedYotaDan is one of the sharper tools in the shedYotaDan is one of the sharper tools in the shedYotaDan is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Dan
YotaDan's Tacoma Gallery
Curious what you think of them. Have you installed them yet? Any pics?
Old 07-29-2010, 03:05 PM   #3
bite me
humanoid is one of the sharper tools in the shedhumanoid is one of the sharper tools in the shedhumanoid is one of the sharper tools in the shedhumanoid is one of the sharper tools in the shedhumanoid is one of the sharper tools in the shedhumanoid is one of the sharper tools in the shedhumanoid is one of the sharper tools in the shedhumanoid is one of the sharper tools in the shedhumanoid is one of the sharper tools in the shedhumanoid is one of the sharper tools in the shedhumanoid is one of the sharper tools in the shed

humanoid's Tacoma Gallery
I had them before. They rode way too harsh for me, I could feel every little bump, crack, crevasse, etc. on the road. Bought some Billy HD shocks and never looked back, night and day difference/comfort in ride.
Old 07-30-2010, 07:41 AM   #4
We are insignificantly importnant in this universe
Codystauffer is on a distinguished road
Name: Cody
Codystauffer's Tacoma Gallery
Haven't installed em yet.. Will post pics of them though. I've heard that they're harsh at first just because they're stiff, once I break them in they should be good
Old 07-30-2010, 07:43 AM   #5
Are these black helicopters for me?
Zombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Air Force: AMMO (2W0)
Name: Kevin
Zombie Runner's Tacoma Gallery
I didnt think shocks were suppose to "break in"? they just wear out and need replacing
Old 07-30-2010, 09:03 AM   #6
bite me
humanoid is one of the sharper tools in the shedhumanoid is one of the sharper tools in the shedhumanoid is one of the sharper tools in the shedhumanoid is one of the sharper tools in the shedhumanoid is one of the sharper tools in the shedhumanoid is one of the sharper tools in the shedhumanoid is one of the sharper tools in the shedhumanoid is one of the sharper tools in the shedhumanoid is one of the sharper tools in the shedhumanoid is one of the sharper tools in the shedhumanoid is one of the sharper tools in the shed

humanoid's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Keason1* View Post
I didnt think shocks were suppose to "break in"? they just wear out and need replacing
I'm thinking the same too. Shocks aren't like running shoes that need to be broken in. They ride how they ride out of the box.
Old 02-17-2011, 04:49 PM   #7
mackattack07 is just really nicemackattack07 is just really nicemackattack07 is just really nicemackattack07 is just really nicemackattack07 is just really nice

Marines: Sgt UH/AH1 Mech HMLA-167
Name: william
mackattack07's Tacoma Gallery
i got em waiting to get my truck back from the body shop to put em on
Old 04-17-2011, 05:16 PM   #8
brelandt has much to be proud ofbrelandt has much to be proud ofbrelandt has much to be proud ofbrelandt has much to be proud ofbrelandt has much to be proud ofbrelandt has much to be proud ofbrelandt has much to be proud ofbrelandt has much to be proud ofbrelandt has much to be proud of
Air Force:
Name: Terry
brelandt's Tacoma Gallery
Just installed a set of rear 565085 on mine. I have a AAL and stock frontend. My measurement bolt to bolt on the rear passenger was 20" and 18" on driverside. Length on the shock was 21.5" plenty for the driverside but only a little longer than the passenger.
My old shocks are Rancho RS5000 which are about 6 years old now and are shot. noticed uneven wear on every other thread block.
Anyhow, I just took my truck out for a test ride to see how the new KYB stack up. There is a section of I-580 westbound that has lots of broken and missing asphalt. Normally for me this means my backend is uncontrollable. Steering wheel fights me from side to side. The truck is all over the lane from one side to the next.
This time however, almost complete control. The front still acts the same (stock struts) but the rear does not come out and dance from one side to the other. stays fairly straight. Steering wheel is not moving back and forth. The dash board is rattling and everything in the truck is jumping but the truck is in control the whole time. even the reflectors are no more then a tire sound instead of a bounce.
It is a harder ride. I have nothing to compare it to as I haven't had any other shocks before than what I just mentioned. But I do like the ride, not unpleasant at all. I think trucks are suppose to ride like this.
the pistons are said to be 46mm wide. no ideal how wide the RS5000 are but I am a believer in big bore shocks.
All in all I'm pleased with them. Paid only $112 shipped for them at rockauto. The front struts are on order and shoul arrive this week. Once they are installed I'll update you on those.