1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

UCA's w/ no lift... Will it align?

Discussion in 'Suspension' started by rzimm001, Jul 28, 2010.

1. Jul 28, 2010 at 9:24 PM
    rzimm001

rzimm001 [OP] Tearmytaco

Member:
    First Name:
    Bobby
    Wildomar
    Vehicle:
    08 PreRunner SR5 Long-Travel
    King 10" coilovers w/ resi. 3.5" over long travel kit. Factory spindles w/ ALLPRO gussets. Total Chaos tower gussets. Energy Poly cab mounts and steering rack mounts. Glassworks fenders and bedsides. Home fabbed bed cage. King 2.5x16 bypass shocks in the rear. DMZ long travel rear end. Race radio (2meter). Removed secondary carbon air filter. Exhaust dumped before the axle / no muffler. Phram fresh air cabin filter. K&N replacement filter, After market stereo, Grillcraft grill, custom fabled roof rack with 7" HID's, PRP race seats.
    I am about to install a set of camburg four inch lift spindles on my taco soon. I presently have total chaos UCA's to correct the steering geometry for my 3" inch coilover lift. My question is, when I install the lift spindles and drop my coilovers down to no lift/pre-load, will the total chaos UCA's pose an issue for the alignment shop? Please point me in the right direction if this question is redundant. Thanks

2. Jul 28, 2010 at 9:32 PM
    ktmrider

ktmrider Senior Member

Member:
    Vehicle:
    07 DCLB 4x4 Sport S/C
    Junk
    you will not have a problem either way. If you keep your 3 inch preload and add spindles it will work fine, and if you reduce the preload it will align as well

3. Jul 28, 2010 at 9:40 PM
    chris4x4

chris4x4 With sufficient thrust, pigs fly just fine. Moderator

Member:
    First Name:
    FlimFlubberJAM
    Tenoe, AZ
    Vehicle:
    2019 Rubicon 4 Door,
    4.10 gears, sliders, and lots of buttons.
    Your Caster will be on the high side, but thats not a bad thing. Make sure they gt Toe and Camber correct.

4. Jul 28, 2010 at 9:46 PM
    rzimm001

rzimm001 [OP] Tearmytaco

Member:
    First Name:
    Bobby
    Wildomar
    Vehicle:
    King 10" coilovers w/ resi. 3.5" over long travel kit. Factory spindles w/ ALLPRO gussets. Total Chaos tower gussets. Energy Poly cab mounts and steering rack mounts. Glassworks fenders and bedsides. Home fabbed bed cage. King 2.5x16 bypass shocks in the rear. DMZ long travel rear end. Race radio (2meter). Removed secondary carbon air filter. Exhaust dumped before the axle / no muffler. Phram fresh air cabin filter. K&N replacement filter, After market stereo, Grillcraft grill, custom fabled roof rack with 7" HID's, PRP race seats.
    Awesome. Glad to hear my $600 aren't useless with no lift.

Is having high caster harder on the joints? Still okay for hard offroading?

Is a couple degrees higher caster really significant or are we talking a few drops in a bucket?

5. Jul 28, 2010 at 9:49 PM
    BenJammn5

BenJammn5 RN

Member:
    San Jose
    Vehicle:
    09 TRD-Off Road PreRunner
    TRD cat-back with Spintech prostreet muffler, AFE Pro dry S intake, 16" SCS F-5, 3.5 BS, 305/70 GT Radial MT, King extended travel front/rear, 2" add-a-leaf, Maxtrack Spindles, Sway bar delete, DSM UCA, All Pro IFS skid, Cab mount chop, bed cab locks, Black badges, cali raised amber LED fogs, 6K FX-R Morimoto projectors with 55watt ballast, fog mod, cheap rear dust lamp from autozone, Hellas 500 behind grill, Color match Satoshi Grill, Hood scoop, rear bumper by BTF, color matched Glassworks bed caps, Wet Okole seat covers
    lucky Bobby. I want spindles bad too. Would love to remove all the preload so my truck wont ride like a brick

6. Jul 28, 2010 at 9:58 PM
    rzimm001

rzimm001 [OP] Tearmytaco

Member:
    First Name:
    Bobby
    Wildomar
    Vehicle:
    Tell me about it. I'm so happy to get my factory ride back. Three inch lifts are rough and I have spent so much time trying to make the ride better while having no success. With these spindles I'm going to fall in love with my truck all over again. No **BANG** going over speed bumps or broken pavement. YES! :bananadance:

7. Jul 28, 2010 at 9:59 PM
    chris4x4

chris4x4 With sufficient thrust, pigs fly just fine. Moderator

Member:
    First Name:
    FlimFlubberJAM
    Tenoe, AZ
    Vehicle:
    2019 Rubicon 4 Door,
    4.10 gears, sliders, and lots of buttons.
    It should be fine

8. Jul 29, 2010 at 8:11 PM
    BenJammn5

BenJammn5 RN

Member:
    San Jose
    Vehicle:
    09 TRD-Off Road PreRunner
    TRD cat-back with Spintech prostreet muffler, AFE Pro dry S intake, 16" SCS F-5, 3.5 BS, 305/70 GT Radial MT, King extended travel front/rear, 2" add-a-leaf, Maxtrack Spindles, Sway bar delete, DSM UCA, All Pro IFS skid, Cab mount chop, bed cab locks, Black badges, cali raised amber LED fogs, 6K FX-R Morimoto projectors with 55watt ballast, fog mod, cheap rear dust lamp from autozone, Hellas 500 behind grill, Color match Satoshi Grill, Hood scoop, rear bumper by BTF, color matched Glassworks bed caps, Wet Okole seat covers
    BANG! Yes, I am very familiar with this.

9. Jul 30, 2010 at 6:59 AM
    nelson18matt

nelson18matt Well-Known Member

Member:
    Goodyear, Arizona
    Vehicle:
    2004 Long Travel Tacoma
    *SOLD*
    so did you ever get that bedcage installed? pics?

10. Jul 30, 2010 at 7:00 PM
    rzimm001

rzimm001 [OP] Tearmytaco

Member:
    First Name:
    Bobby
    Wildomar
    Vehicle:
  11. Jul 31, 2010 at 7:39 AM
    nelson18matt

Member:
    Goodyear, Arizona
    Vehicle:
    2004 Long Travel Tacoma
    *SOLD*
    ^ hell yeah man, that looks killer

spindles will look great w/ that

12. Jul 31, 2010 at 7:54 AM
    08pretaco

08pretaco Well-Known Member

Member:
    az
    Vehicle:
    2014 Tundra 4x4 CM 5.7L SR5
    @ADSracingshocks - F 3 point ohh / R 2.5 - w/clickers @camburgracing - uniball UCA @rigidindustries - 40" amber/white split, Dually XL, D2 @coopertires - 35/12.5/17 STT MAXX @bayareametalfab - low pro bed rack @toyotausa - 17" rock warrior @sdhqoffroad - rock sliders, a-pillar @hondogarage / @apple / @gaiagps / @dualgps- navigation @wheelersoffroadinc - superbumps
    I couldnt get my caster below 2.6. Honestly I would not worry about the UCA's unless your planning on cranking the coilovers over 2.5", after that you might have 2 problems: 1. alignment 2. looking way bro with the front at 6.5" and the rear with probably just an aal! plus at that point your almost killing the point of your spindles, giving great lift while still providing for a superior riding lift!

13. Jul 31, 2010 at 1:10 PM
    rzimm001

rzimm001 [OP] Tearmytaco

Member:
    First Name:
    Bobby
    Wildomar
    Vehicle:
    I already have the UCA's on the truck. Plus my coilovers are extended travel, so I have to have the uniball joint.

Yeah definitely not going to run 6.5" of lift. I want this setup to ride plush. Actually I plan on romping the hell out of it at ocotillo wells. I know the most ideal setup is to have the lower control arms level so I'm going to set the coilovers to 0" pre-load.

14. Jul 31, 2010 at 1:17 PM
    rzimm001

rzimm001 [OP] Tearmytaco

Member:
    First Name:
    Bobby
    Wildomar
    Vehicle:

Thank you :)

I'm thinking of doing fiberglass for my next mod. Do you think it will look stupid with 33's? I would go with glassworks if I was going to buy fenders.

15. Aug 2, 2010 at 6:46 AM
    nelson18matt

Member:
    Goodyear, Arizona
    Vehicle:
    2004 Long Travel Tacoma
    *SOLD*
    it wont look dumb, most people run 33's on their set up. you gonna do fenders or bedsides... or both?

the fenders with no LT might look kinda funny, a set of the all pro 2" fenders and some glassworks 4.5" bedsides would look sweet

16. Aug 2, 2010 at 10:37 AM
    Zombie Runner

Zombie Runner Are these black helicopters for me?

Member:
    First Name:
    Kevin
    Wichita Falls, TX
    Vehicle:
    2011 taco, sport 4x4
    oil change...
    your UCA's will be worthless. I will dispose of them properly for you.

17. Aug 5, 2010 at 9:08 PM
    rzimm001

rzimm001 [OP] Tearmytaco

Member:
    First Name:
    Bobby
    Wildomar
    Vehicle:
    That's an interesting thought running allpro fenders and glassworks rear bed sides. I really only need besides for the future spring under kit. The front fenders would be purely for looks in my case. Nonetheless it would look stupid with glass on the rear only. I was thinking of running glassworks on all four corners and running OEM front bumper adapters. Don't really have money for a fabbed front tube bumper and skid. I believe the allpro fenders require a fabbed front bumper to look right.

:rofl: I bet you would. Too bad I installed new uniballs only a couple months ago to the tune of $100 and some change. I'm keeping my UCA's until I get my moneys worth again.

18. Aug 6, 2010 at 7:04 AM
    nelson18matt

Member:
    Goodyear, Arizona
    Vehicle:
    2004 Long Travel Tacoma
    *SOLD*
    yeah, i dont think all pro has bumper caps for their fenders, so glassworks would be a better idea for you if your gonna keep your stock bumper. i think that will look bad ass though, front and rear glass (painted) and the stock bumpers is gonna make the truck look super sleeper... i wish i still had my stock bumper. but def run fenders too if your gonna get bedsides, other wise it'll just look funny

best pic i could find to give you an idea of how it looks...

[​IMG]

19. Aug 6, 2010 at 7:37 AM
    rzimm001

rzimm001 [OP] Tearmytaco

Member:
    First Name:
    Bobby
    Wildomar
    Vehicle:
    There's a guy on DR selling just the fronts for $250. It's tempting..:D

20. Aug 6, 2010 at 7:53 AM
    nelson18matt

Member:
    Goodyear, Arizona
    Vehicle:
    2004 Long Travel Tacoma
    *SOLD*
    brock? $250 is a good deal. do it!!!

Products Discussed in

To Top