Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Suspension

Notices

UCA's w/ no lift... Will it align?

Old 07-28-2010, 09:24 PM   #1
Tearmytaco
rzimm001 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrzimm001 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrzimm001 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrzimm001 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrzimm001 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrzimm001 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrzimm001 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrzimm001 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrzimm001 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrzimm001 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrzimm001 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Bobby
rzimm001's Tacoma Gallery
UCA's w/ no lift... Will it align?

I am about to install a set of camburg four inch lift spindles on my taco soon. I presently have total chaos UCA's to correct the steering geometry for my 3" inch coilover lift. My question is, when I install the lift spindles and drop my coilovers down to no lift/pre-load, will the total chaos UCA's pose an issue for the alignment shop? Please point me in the right direction if this question is redundant. Thanks
Old 07-28-2010, 09:32 PM   #2
ktmrider is one of the sharper tools in the shedktmrider is one of the sharper tools in the shedktmrider is one of the sharper tools in the shedktmrider is one of the sharper tools in the shedktmrider is one of the sharper tools in the shedktmrider is one of the sharper tools in the shedktmrider is one of the sharper tools in the shedktmrider is one of the sharper tools in the shedktmrider is one of the sharper tools in the shedktmrider is one of the sharper tools in the shedktmrider is one of the sharper tools in the shed

ktmrider's Tacoma Gallery
you will not have a problem either way. If you keep your 3 inch preload and add spindles it will work fine, and if you reduce the preload it will align as well
Old 07-28-2010, 09:40 PM   #3
With sufficient thrust, pigs fly just fine.
chris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: FlimFlubberJAM
chris4x4's Tacoma Gallery
Your Caster will be on the high side, but thats not a bad thing. Make sure they gt Toe and Camber correct.
Old 07-28-2010, 09:46 PM   #4
Tearmytaco
rzimm001 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrzimm001 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrzimm001 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrzimm001 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrzimm001 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrzimm001 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrzimm001 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrzimm001 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrzimm001 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrzimm001 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrzimm001 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
Originally Posted by ktmrider View Post
you will not have a problem either way. If you keep your 3 inch preload and add spindles it will work fine, and if you reduce the preload it will align as well
Awesome. Glad to hear my $600 aren't useless with no lift.

Quote:
Originally Posted by chris4x4 View Post
Your Caster will be on the high side, but thats not a bad thing. Make sure they gt Toe and Camber correct.
Is having high caster harder on the joints? Still okay for hard offroading?

Is a couple degrees higher caster really significant or are we talking a few drops in a bucket?
Old 07-28-2010, 09:58 PM   #6
Tearmytaco

Quote:
Originally Posted by BenJammn5 View Post
lucky Bobby. I want spindles bad too. Would love to remove all the preload so my truck wont ride like a brick
Tell me about it. I'm so happy to get my factory ride back. Three inch lifts are rough and I have spent so much time trying to make the ride better while having no success. With these spindles I'm going to fall in love with my truck all over again. No **BANG** going over speed bumps or broken pavement. YES!
Old 07-28-2010, 09:59 PM   #7
With sufficient thrust, pigs fly just fine.
chris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: FlimFlubberJAM
chris4x4's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by rzimm001 View Post
Is having high caster harder on the joints? Still okay for hard offroading?

Is a couple degrees higher caster really significant or are we talking a few drops in a bucket?
It should be fine
Old 07-29-2010, 08:11 PM   #8
RN
BenJammn5 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBenJammn5 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBenJammn5 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBenJammn5 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBenJammn5 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBenJammn5 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBenJammn5 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBenJammn5 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBenJammn5 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBenJammn5 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBenJammn5 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

EMS:
BenJammn5's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Tell me about it. I'm so happy to get my factory ride back. Three inch lifts are rough and I have spent so much time trying to make the ride better while having no success. With these spindles I'm going to fall in love with my truck all over again. No **BANG** going over speed bumps or broken pavement. YES!
BANG! Yes, I am very familiar with this.
Old 07-30-2010, 06:59 AM   #9
nelson18matt is one of the sharper tools in the shednelson18matt is one of the sharper tools in the shednelson18matt is one of the sharper tools in the shednelson18matt is one of the sharper tools in the shednelson18matt is one of the sharper tools in the shednelson18matt is one of the sharper tools in the shednelson18matt is one of the sharper tools in the shednelson18matt is one of the sharper tools in the shednelson18matt is one of the sharper tools in the shednelson18matt is one of the sharper tools in the shednelson18matt is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Air Force: Ex-Cone
nelson18matt's Tacoma Gallery
so did you ever get that bedcage installed? pics?
Old 07-31-2010, 07:39 AM   #11
nelson18matt is one of the sharper tools in the shednelson18matt is one of the sharper tools in the shednelson18matt is one of the sharper tools in the shednelson18matt is one of the sharper tools in the shednelson18matt is one of the sharper tools in the shednelson18matt is one of the sharper tools in the shednelson18matt is one of the sharper tools in the shednelson18matt is one of the sharper tools in the shednelson18matt is one of the sharper tools in the shednelson18matt is one of the sharper tools in the shednelson18matt is one of the sharper tools in the shed

^ hell yeah man, that looks killer

spindles will look great w/ that
Old 07-31-2010, 07:54 AM   #12
Almost there
08pretaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed08pretaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed08pretaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed08pretaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed08pretaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed08pretaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed08pretaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed08pretaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed08pretaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed08pretaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed08pretaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Oliver
08pretaco's Tacoma Gallery
I couldnt get my caster below 2.6. Honestly I would not worry about the UCA's unless your planning on cranking the coilovers over 2.5", after that you might have 2 problems: 1. alignment 2. looking way bro with the front at 6.5" and the rear with probably just an aal! plus at that point your almost killing the point of your spindles, giving great lift while still providing for a superior riding lift!
Old 07-31-2010, 01:10 PM   #13
Tearmytaco

Quote:
Originally Posted by 08pretaco View Post
I couldnt get my caster below 2.6. Honestly I would not worry about the UCA's unless your planning on cranking the coilovers over 2.5", after that you might have 2 problems: 1. alignment 2. looking way bro with the front at 6.5" and the rear with probably just an aal! plus at that point your almost killing the point of your spindles, giving great lift while still providing for a superior riding lift!
I already have the UCA's on the truck. Plus my coilovers are extended travel, so I have to have the uniball joint.

Yeah definitely not going to run 6.5" of lift. I want this setup to ride plush. Actually I plan on romping the hell out of it at ocotillo wells. I know the most ideal setup is to have the lower control arms level so I'm going to set the coilovers to 0" pre-load.
Old 08-02-2010, 06:46 AM   #15

Quote:
Thank you

I'm thinking of doing fiberglass for my next mod. Do you think it will look stupid with 33's? I would go with glassworks if I was going to buy fenders.
it wont look dumb, most people run 33's on their set up. you gonna do fenders or bedsides... or both?

the fenders with no LT might look kinda funny, a set of the all pro 2" fenders and some glassworks 4.5" bedsides would look sweet
Old 08-02-2010, 10:37 AM   #16
I've got so much soul in me that I'm barely alive.
Zombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Air Force: AMMO (2W0)
Name: Kevin
Zombie Runner's Tacoma Gallery
your UCA's will be worthless. I will dispose of them properly for you.
Old 08-05-2010, 09:08 PM   #17
Tearmytaco

Quote:
Originally Posted by nelson18matt View Post
it wont look dumb, most people run 33's on their set up. you gonna do fenders or bedsides... or both?

the fenders with no LT might look kinda funny, a set of the all pro 2" fenders and some glassworks 4.5" bedsides would look sweet
That's an interesting thought running allpro fenders and glassworks rear bed sides. I really only need besides for the future spring under kit. The front fenders would be purely for looks in my case. Nonetheless it would look stupid with glass on the rear only. I was thinking of running glassworks on all four corners and running OEM front bumper adapters. Don't really have money for a fabbed front tube bumper and skid. I believe the allpro fenders require a fabbed front bumper to look right.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Keason1* View Post
your UCA's will be worthless. I will dispose of them properly for you.
I bet you would. Too bad I installed new uniballs only a couple months ago to the tune of $100 and some change. I'm keeping my UCA's until I get my moneys worth again.
Old 08-06-2010, 07:04 AM   #18

Quote:
That's an interesting thought running allpro fenders and glassworks rear bed sides. I really only need besides for the future spring under kit. The front fenders would be purely for looks in my case. Nonetheless it would look stupid with glass on the rear only. I was thinking of running glassworks on all four corners and running OEM front bumper adapters. Don't really have money for a fabbed front tube bumper and skid. I believe the allpro fenders require a fabbed front bumper to look right.
yeah, i dont think all pro has bumper caps for their fenders, so glassworks would be a better idea for you if your gonna keep your stock bumper. i think that will look bad ass though, front and rear glass (painted) and the stock bumpers is gonna make the truck look super sleeper... i wish i still had my stock bumper. but def run fenders too if your gonna get bedsides, other wise it'll just look funny

best pic i could find to give you an idea of how it looks...

Old 08-06-2010, 07:53 AM   #20

Quote:
There's a guy on DR selling just the fronts for $250. It's tempting..
brock? $250 is a good deal. do it!!!