Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Suspension

Notices

Icon 3leafs or shackle flip????2nd gen

Old 07-29-2010, 12:18 PM   #1
Ahshiet is one of the sharper tools in the shedAhshiet is one of the sharper tools in the shedAhshiet is one of the sharper tools in the shedAhshiet is one of the sharper tools in the shedAhshiet is one of the sharper tools in the shedAhshiet is one of the sharper tools in the shedAhshiet is one of the sharper tools in the shedAhshiet is one of the sharper tools in the shedAhshiet is one of the sharper tools in the shedAhshiet is one of the sharper tools in the shedAhshiet is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Ahshiet's Tacoma Gallery
Icon 3leafs or shackle flip????2nd gen

Aloha everybody!
Looking to re-do the rear lift on my truck due to the back sagging with procomp aal it looks bro-tastic like I'm hauling something all the time.I will be getting another set of Coilovers and this time gonna crank them down to 3inch of lift.

I been looking at Icon 3leaf aal pack or an ATO shackle flip I don't do alot of heavy hauling or towing and no dunes to jump here so any insight on this will be awesome!!!!

As soon as I get home I'll post a pic of my bro-tastic rake aka aku boat here.

Old 07-29-2010, 04:33 PM   #2
Sublime is one of the sharper tools in the shedSublime is one of the sharper tools in the shedSublime is one of the sharper tools in the shedSublime is one of the sharper tools in the shedSublime is one of the sharper tools in the shedSublime is one of the sharper tools in the shedSublime is one of the sharper tools in the shedSublime is one of the sharper tools in the shedSublime is one of the sharper tools in the shedSublime is one of the sharper tools in the shedSublime is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Mike
Sublime's Tacoma Gallery
I went with the Wheelers 3 leaf pack. Made by alcan and its smooth as hell. Moved this last weekend and it handeled weight well. I was thinking about the icon pack which is made by deaver but wheelers was cheaper....$150. I thought I'd get more lift out of it so you'll probably need 2.5-3" up front or you'll still be bro'd out! Good luck and nice truck man!

Mike
Old 07-29-2010, 04:47 PM   #3
Ahshiet is one of the sharper tools in the shedAhshiet is one of the sharper tools in the shedAhshiet is one of the sharper tools in the shedAhshiet is one of the sharper tools in the shedAhshiet is one of the sharper tools in the shedAhshiet is one of the sharper tools in the shedAhshiet is one of the sharper tools in the shedAhshiet is one of the sharper tools in the shedAhshiet is one of the sharper tools in the shedAhshiet is one of the sharper tools in the shedAhshiet is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Ahshiet's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sublime View Post
I went with the Wheelers 3 leaf pack. Made by alcan and its smooth as hell. Moved this last weekend and it handeled weight well. I was thinking about the icon pack which is made by deaver but wheelers was cheaper....$150. I thought I'd get more lift out of it so you'll probably need 2.5-3" up front or you'll still be bro'd out! Good luck and nice truck man!

Mike
Thanks Mike for the info man! Maybe I'll do the 3leafs to level it out jus don't feel like spending $$$ on a new leaf pack.I want it to be level but alittle higher out back should be fine and hope it sags level cause it looks like crap the backs squatting will post a pic still at work
Old 07-29-2010, 05:12 PM   #4
nelson18matt is one of the sharper tools in the shednelson18matt is one of the sharper tools in the shednelson18matt is one of the sharper tools in the shednelson18matt is one of the sharper tools in the shednelson18matt is one of the sharper tools in the shednelson18matt is one of the sharper tools in the shednelson18matt is one of the sharper tools in the shednelson18matt is one of the sharper tools in the shednelson18matt is one of the sharper tools in the shednelson18matt is one of the sharper tools in the shednelson18matt is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Air Force: Ex-Cone
nelson18matt's Tacoma Gallery
i've heard good things about both the wheeler pack and Icon pack (made by deaver)

i dont know much about the flip kits, but the 3 leaf packs are cheap and simple and a good bang for the buck.

you planning on upgrading the rear shocks too?
Old 07-29-2010, 05:42 PM   #5

Ahshiet's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by nelson18matt View Post
i've heard good things about both the wheeler pack and Icon pack (made by deaver)

i dont know much about the flip kits, but the 3 leaf packs are cheap and simple and a good bang for the buck.

you planning on upgrading the rear shocks too?
Yeah seems like that's what alot of people did jus want more flex and it to sit level jus was curious if the shackle flip causes more axle wrap

yeah Im not sure what shocks yet maybe billies but resi shocks would be nice
Old 03-31-2011, 07:00 AM   #7
ROLL TIDE!!!!!!!
Bama_TACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedBama_TACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedBama_TACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedBama_TACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedBama_TACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedBama_TACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedBama_TACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedBama_TACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedBama_TACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedBama_TACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedBama_TACO is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Bama_TACO's Tacoma Gallery
I have the Icon 3 leaf and I really like it. Rides really nice. Hasn't settled in 3 months.

Here is how it handled about 300 lbs of tongue weight.