LSC15's 95 Tacoma 4x4

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Suspension

Notices

1st Gen Bilstein 5100 Part Numbers

Old 07-30-2010, 04:57 PM   #1
You can't fight in here! This is the War Room!
scocar is one of the sharper tools in the shedscocar is one of the sharper tools in the shedscocar is one of the sharper tools in the shedscocar is one of the sharper tools in the shedscocar is one of the sharper tools in the shedscocar is one of the sharper tools in the shedscocar is one of the sharper tools in the shedscocar is one of the sharper tools in the shedscocar is one of the sharper tools in the shedscocar is one of the sharper tools in the shedscocar is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Scott
scocar's Tacoma Gallery
Exclamation 1st Gen Bilstein 5100 Part Numbers, Settings, and Literature

People who don't have these yet have a terrible time finding out the part numbers, so here they are for FIRST GEN:

BE5-D558-T0 = front preload adjustables (0"-2.5" Lift, same part both sides)
BE5-D559-T0 = rear driver (length works with 0"-1.5" Lift)
BE5-D560-T0 = rear passenger (length works with 0"-1.5" Lift)

These are the silver RCD (Race Car Dynamics, Inc) version:

Lengths for rears are according to DSM.

The only purpose of this thread is to provide thses part numbers for these popular shocks.

Edits:

I attached the Bilstein 5100 brochure that explains how the front struts achieve leveling/lift and compares them to other types of lift and their limitations.

Note on front shock settings: there are three for 1st gen. There is some dispute about the height on the middle setting.

First setting
= zero

Second setting
= 1" ("average" according to Down South Motor Sport site)
or
= 1.25" ("average" according to Dan at Wheeler's, specifically for a V6 Xcab)

Third setting
= 2.5"

The condition/wear of your coils, your engine and cab type, and the amount of junk hanging off the front of your truck all affect the height, so no one will be able to give you an exact number.
Attached Files
File Type: pdf Bilstein_5100_Brochure.pdf (586.0 KB, 1371 views)
Old 07-30-2010, 05:01 PM   #2
Carolina Alliance: Lead, follow, or get the hell outta my way
tacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Will
tacomaman06's Tacoma Gallery
thread stuck!!
Old 07-30-2010, 05:03 PM   #3
JDMcQ is one of the sharper tools in the shedJDMcQ is one of the sharper tools in the shedJDMcQ is one of the sharper tools in the shedJDMcQ is one of the sharper tools in the shedJDMcQ is one of the sharper tools in the shedJDMcQ is one of the sharper tools in the shedJDMcQ is one of the sharper tools in the shedJDMcQ is one of the sharper tools in the shedJDMcQ is one of the sharper tools in the shedJDMcQ is one of the sharper tools in the shedJDMcQ is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: John
JDMcQ's Tacoma Gallery

I was all set to bitch about this being the second request for Bilstein part numbers today. Nice work.
Old 07-30-2010, 05:04 PM   #4
scocar is one of the sharper tools in the shedscocar is one of the sharper tools in the shedscocar is one of the sharper tools in the shedscocar is one of the sharper tools in the shedscocar is one of the sharper tools in the shedscocar is one of the sharper tools in the shedscocar is one of the sharper tools in the shedscocar is one of the sharper tools in the shedscocar is one of the sharper tools in the shedscocar is one of the sharper tools in the shedscocar is one of the sharper tools in the shed

scocar's Tacoma Gallery

I dare anyone to ever ask for this again...

Thanks, Will!
Old 07-30-2010, 05:06 PM   #5

scocar's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by jdmcq View Post

I was all set to bitch about this being the second request for Bilstein part numbers today. Nice work.

I guess I was quicker to the bitch, bitch!

But don't let that stop you from bitchin. Here is a little help...

Bros: discuss.
Old 07-30-2010, 05:11 PM   #6
JDMcQ is one of the sharper tools in the shedJDMcQ is one of the sharper tools in the shedJDMcQ is one of the sharper tools in the shedJDMcQ is one of the sharper tools in the shedJDMcQ is one of the sharper tools in the shedJDMcQ is one of the sharper tools in the shedJDMcQ is one of the sharper tools in the shedJDMcQ is one of the sharper tools in the shedJDMcQ is one of the sharper tools in the shedJDMcQ is one of the sharper tools in the shedJDMcQ is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: John
JDMcQ's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by scocar View Post
I guess I was quicker to the bitch, bitch!

But don't let that stop you from bitchin. Here is a little help...

Bros: discuss.
Oh, let's not go there.
Old 07-30-2010, 05:14 PM   #7
Dedicated Crew Chief
AKTacoma has a spectacular aura aboutAKTacoma has a spectacular aura about

Air Force: Crew Chief
Name: Chris
AKTacoma's Tacoma Gallery
soo the shock description says it works with 0-1" lift, it'd be ok to use on mine even though its a 2"?!
Old 07-30-2010, 05:30 PM   #8
Carolina Alliance: Lead, follow, or get the hell outta my way
tacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Will
tacomaman06's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by AKTacoma View Post
soo the shock description says it works with 0-1" lift, it'd be ok to use on mine even though its a 2"?!
yep. my 881's with 5100's on stock setting gave me 2 inches of front lift. you'll be fine.
Old 07-30-2010, 06:14 PM   #9
Dedicated Crew Chief
AKTacoma has a spectacular aura aboutAKTacoma has a spectacular aura about

Air Force: Crew Chief
Name: Chris
AKTacoma's Tacoma Gallery
awesome, thanks!
Old 08-06-2010, 02:29 PM   #10
YotaComa is on a distinguished road
YotaComa's Tacoma Gallery
It should be noted that the all those part numbers are supposed to end 0 (zero), not O (oh)
Old 08-06-2010, 04:39 PM   #11

scocar's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by YotaComa View Post
It should be noted that the all those part numbers are supposed to end 0 (zero), not O (oh)
Noted and edited. Thanks.
Old 08-30-2010, 02:42 PM   #13
cRaZy oLdmAn
4WD is one of the sharper tools in the shed4WD is one of the sharper tools in the shed4WD is one of the sharper tools in the shed4WD is one of the sharper tools in the shed4WD is one of the sharper tools in the shed4WD is one of the sharper tools in the shed4WD is one of the sharper tools in the shed4WD is one of the sharper tools in the shed4WD is one of the sharper tools in the shed4WD is one of the sharper tools in the shed4WD is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Doug
4WD's Tacoma Gallery
Alright that post was for all the Anal retentive mofo's, besides I was dared to ask haha

Actually here is MY part # & how does it compare to yours ? ( I also have 5 settings not 3...
Attached Thumbnails
1st Gen Bilstein 5100 Part Numbers-dsc02650.jpg  
Old 08-30-2010, 02:53 PM   #14

scocar's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by 4WD View Post
Alright that post was for all the Anal retentive mofo's, besides I was dared to ask haha

Actually here is MY part # & how does it compare to yours ? ( I also have 5 settings not 3...
1. I'm all like, WTF?

2. I'm all like, WTF? Are those first gen 5100s? Does not compute...that number seems to come up for Tundras...er? That can't be the Race Car Dynamics shocks for the 1st gen Tacoma. Now I will have to counter with pix when I get home...
Old 08-30-2010, 03:26 PM   #15
Dan
YotaDan is one of the sharper tools in the shedYotaDan is one of the sharper tools in the shedYotaDan is one of the sharper tools in the shedYotaDan is one of the sharper tools in the shedYotaDan is one of the sharper tools in the shedYotaDan is one of the sharper tools in the shedYotaDan is one of the sharper tools in the shedYotaDan is one of the sharper tools in the shedYotaDan is one of the sharper tools in the shedYotaDan is one of the sharper tools in the shedYotaDan is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Dan
YotaDan's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:

Those are for a 1st gen Tundra.
Old 08-30-2010, 03:30 PM   #16

scocar's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by YotaDan View Post
Dayum! I called it! Woot! Thank god for the googelz on the interwebz... and Yotadan and his part number prowess..

So 4WD, what the heck are you doing with Tundra shocks on your Taco, dood? I hope you haven't been telling other 1st genners to "put it on 4." No wonder everyone is so confused on this site....
Old 08-30-2010, 04:24 PM   #17
cRaZy oLdmAn
4WD is one of the sharper tools in the shed4WD is one of the sharper tools in the shed4WD is one of the sharper tools in the shed4WD is one of the sharper tools in the shed4WD is one of the sharper tools in the shed4WD is one of the sharper tools in the shed4WD is one of the sharper tools in the shed4WD is one of the sharper tools in the shed4WD is one of the sharper tools in the shed4WD is one of the sharper tools in the shed4WD is one of the sharper tools in the shed

4WD's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
1. I'm all like, WTF?

2. I'm all like, WTF? Are those first gen 5100s? Does not compute...that number seems to come up for Tundras...er? That can't be the Race Car Dynamics shocks for the 1st gen Tacoma. Now I will have to counter with pix when I get home...
Quote:
Originally Posted by YotaDan View Post
Quote:
Dayum! I called it! Woot! Thank god for the googelz on the interwebz... and Yotadan and his part number prowess..

So 4WD, what the heck are you doing with Tundra shocks on your Taco, dood? I hope you haven't been telling other 1st genners to "put it on 4." No wonder everyone is so confused on this site....
Actually I have been telling anyone who ask to move the seat clip to 5th groove for max height !! heheheh j/k

& correctamundo you guys are, ok here's the skinny, last year when I got these from a local Bilstein Distrib. here in San Diego I was told by the owner at that time "there is no application specific to 1st gen. Tacoma TRD's". & what some were using was indeed the ride height adjustable 5100 series for the earlier Tundras. & me not really knowing what app is for what, I just told the guy as long as they fit right & will perform without any adverse reactions & accomplish what I want I said "OK hook me up". So he did & I fucking love'm , a heavier duty 5 setting adjustable Billy is fine in my book.

Offroad is just awesome, the bumps & ruts that had me preparing for a bone jarring, suspension bottoming experience I had with stock susp. never happened with these. They say these give the Tundra a 2.5" front lift should equate to about 2.75" if I choose to go up another 1 or 2 settings (I'm on the 3rd groove up w/2 to go) So what coils should I match with these bad boys ?

As far as I've found from talking to other members mine is 1 of a kind (so far) & I enjoy being the freak I guess......

This is exactly the same shocks I have as the one pictured, even came with all the new hardware i.e; top grommets w/washers etc;
Attached Thumbnails
1st Gen Bilstein 5100 Part Numbers-bilstein_5100_adjustable_l.jpg  
Old 08-30-2010, 05:00 PM   #18

scocar's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Actually I have been telling anyone who ask to move the seat clip to 5th groove for max height !! heheheh j/k

& correctamundo you guys are, ok here's the skinny, last year when I got these from a local Bilstein Distrib. here in San Diego I was told by the owner at that time "there is no application specific to 1st gen. Tacoma TRD's". & what some were using was indeed the ride height adjustable 5100 series for the earlier Tundras. & me not really knowing what app is for what, I just told the guy as long as they fit right & will perform without any adverse reactions & accomplish what I want I said "OK hook me up". So he did & I fucking love'm , a heavier duty 5 setting adjustable Billy is fine in my book.

Offroad is just awesome, the bumps & ruts that had me preparing for a bone jarring, suspension bottoming experience I had with stock susp. never happened with these. They say these give the Tundra a 2.5" front lift should equate to about 2.75" if I choose to go up another 1 or 2 settings (I'm on the 3rd groove up w/2 to go) So what coils should I match with these bad boys ?

As far as I've found from talking to other members mine is 1 of a kind (so far) & I enjoy being the freak I guess......

This is exactly the same shocks I have as the one pictured, even came with all the new hardware i.e; top grommets w/washers etc;
Well that is pretty damn kooky. Maybe you have a new mod here that would help some folks sidestep the ubiquitious Tacoma 5100 shortage? Seems like they'd be a lot stiffer for a Tundra's weight (more resistant to compression).
Old 08-30-2010, 05:41 PM   #19
cRaZy oLdmAn

4WD's Tacoma Gallery
I prefer "innovative" but its all the same !! (kooky & nutts both come to mind, haha ) Oh most def. firm but not harsh to me anyway but I come from driving Old school early '70's full sized 4x trucks ('72 1 ton Power Wagon, '73 F-250, talk about a stiff ride , holy shit ) '68 Kaiser built CJ5 & so on.. I'm still on stock coils but if I could find the right ,longer coil ( Tundra maybe ?? ) I'd set them at zero (or first groove) & I might just have something there plus I move down trails a little faster than most so I'm told, so when I roll up to ruts,rocks,bumps & jumps I don't always have time to slow down enough to ease on thru the obstacles as such & hitting them a little faster with the heavier dampening rating seems to balance out ok so far. I learned that from my Dodge days rolling thru whoopdies & such at a slower more conservative speed used to beat the hell out of me.
Go thru the same section 35-40 mph instead of 20-30 mph & it amazed me how at those speeds the susp. would actually start to work as it was intended..... IMO....
Old 10-28-2010, 03:56 PM   #20
newskooler is a jewel in the roughnewskooler is a jewel in the roughnewskooler is a jewel in the rough

Firefighter: firefighter
Name: Nick
newskooler's Tacoma Gallery
for those who forget to order the bushings for the rear Energy Suspension has some the number from the website 98109. but maybe listed as 98.109B(black) at your parts store.