1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Back to Stock Height

Discussion in 'Suspension' started by S-Runner '01, Jul 31, 2010.

1. Jul 31, 2010 at 9:40 PM
    S-Runner '01

S-Runner '01 [OP] Elderly Gentleman - Junior Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Jerry
    Yakima "the Palm Springs of Central Washington"
    Vehicle:
    BSP '01 S-Runner
    Garmin 260W - GPS Scanguage II K&N FIPK Kit Delta Low Profile Toolbox Fumoto Oil Drain Valve New Toyota Front Mats B&M Short Throw shifter New Tokico Gas Shocks Compustar Anti Theft Alarm System Redline Elite Hood Struts Phase Linear DVD/MP3/CD Player Professionally Detailed
    I recently bought an '01 S-Runner. The previous owner has installed aftermarket coils in front and 3" blocks in the rear for a 3" drop all around.
    I want to put it back to stock height so I'm planning on taking out the 3" lowering blocks and I'm looking for a pair of stock S-Runner coils for the front. Of course the original parts are long gone so I need some shorter u-bolts for the rear and longer coils for the front.
    My questions are:
    1. Without going to the dealer, where can I find a pair of stock S-Runner coil springs?
    2. If I can't find coils specifically for an S-Runner, will coils from any '01-'04 two wheel drive with the 3.4 liter engine work?
    3. What is the correct size for the rear u-bolts. The ones currently on there are 1/2" diameter, about 6.5" height and I haven't yet determined the inside width. They are threaded about 2" so when I take out the 3" blocks the u-bolts are not going to be threaded enough to pull the springs up to the axle. If I can find out the correct size for the u-bolts I can go down to the spring shop and they will make me u-bolts in any size I need. Anybody know the correct size for the u-bolts?

Products Discussed in

To Top