Notices

Shop installed AAL backwards?

Old 08-03-2010, 10:42 PM   #1
as in Gobias some coffee
gobias will become famous soon enoughgobias will become famous soon enough

Name: Matt
gobias's Tacoma Gallery
Shop installed AAL backwards?

I got the Toytec AALs installed today and from looking at it, it seems that the long side is actually towards the front. Kind of hard to measure but that how it looks to me.
First question, how much longer IS the long side so I know what I'm looking for.
Second, what kind of harm would it do if installed backwards? If they are, will it be okay until I can get around to getting them to fix it?
Old 08-04-2010, 12:06 PM   #3
HeliFreek is on a distinguished road
Name: Mark
HeliFreek's Tacoma Gallery
I have seen a few AAL and over load leafs that arent equal lengths between the axel. I would figure with axle wrap upon acceleration, the long side would almost act like a slapper bar from the old days.

My 2 cents
Old 08-04-2010, 09:16 PM   #4
as in Gobias some coffee
gobias will become famous soon enoughgobias will become famous soon enough

Name: Matt
gobias's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Masada View Post
Pics?
I'll post some up tomorrow.
Old 08-04-2010, 10:36 PM   #5
nvdeserted is one of the sharper tools in the shednvdeserted is one of the sharper tools in the shednvdeserted is one of the sharper tools in the shednvdeserted is one of the sharper tools in the shednvdeserted is one of the sharper tools in the shednvdeserted is one of the sharper tools in the shednvdeserted is one of the sharper tools in the shednvdeserted is one of the sharper tools in the shednvdeserted is one of the sharper tools in the shednvdeserted is one of the sharper tools in the shednvdeserted is one of the sharper tools in the shed

nvdeserted's Tacoma Gallery
When I installed mine I had to measure from center to tip to determin which side was longer because it was so close I couldn't tell withthe naked eye.

I think the difference in length was like .25" to .5".

But they are made like that for a reason so it's probably important.

Make sure to measure before you go back to the shop, it might just look like it's longer on one side etc.