LSC15's 95 Tacoma 4x4

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Suspension

Notices

leaf pack to support steel rear bumper+ 3in lift?

Old 08-04-2010, 02:06 PM   #1
First Class White Trash
achirdo is one of the sharper tools in the shedachirdo is one of the sharper tools in the shedachirdo is one of the sharper tools in the shedachirdo is one of the sharper tools in the shedachirdo is one of the sharper tools in the shedachirdo is one of the sharper tools in the shedachirdo is one of the sharper tools in the shedachirdo is one of the sharper tools in the shedachirdo is one of the sharper tools in the shedachirdo is one of the sharper tools in the shedachirdo is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Adam
achirdo's Tacoma Gallery
leaf pack to support steel rear bumper+ 3in lift?

i currently have a 2in spacer under my stock leaf pack and have a kennesaw rear bumper commin in soon. my leafs already have a frowny face look to them. i wheel my truck to, and they are always hitting the bumpstops.

what is a good solid leaf pack for a cheap price that can handle all of this?

would a aal be good enough to support that extra weight and still be decent offroad?

thoughts, comments, and concerns are appriciated
Old 08-04-2010, 02:09 PM   #2
RPain is one of the sharper tools in the shedRPain is one of the sharper tools in the shedRPain is one of the sharper tools in the shedRPain is one of the sharper tools in the shedRPain is one of the sharper tools in the shedRPain is one of the sharper tools in the shedRPain is one of the sharper tools in the shedRPain is one of the sharper tools in the shedRPain is one of the sharper tools in the shedRPain is one of the sharper tools in the shedRPain is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Ryan
RPain's Tacoma Gallery
check out the all pro group buy going on right now. they have rear leaf springs that will give u a 3 inch lift. 375 dollars without discounts.
http://www.tacomaworld.com/forum/gro...nds-9-1-a.html
Old 08-04-2010, 02:31 PM   #4
stroM- is one of the sharper tools in the shedstroM- is one of the sharper tools in the shedstroM- is one of the sharper tools in the shedstroM- is one of the sharper tools in the shedstroM- is one of the sharper tools in the shedstroM- is one of the sharper tools in the shedstroM- is one of the sharper tools in the shedstroM- is one of the sharper tools in the shedstroM- is one of the sharper tools in the shedstroM- is one of the sharper tools in the shedstroM- is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jason
stroM-'s Tacoma Gallery
All Pro sells 2 different leaf packs you might be interested in....

All-Pro Leaf Springs - provides 3 inches of lift - Used more for flex and offroading conditions. You shouldn't have to worry about sag at all with these...

Quote:
Improve your Tacoma's suspension performance and gain lift for tire clearance and long travel with All-Pro quality leaf springs! The 2005+ Tacoma 3" lift springs mount in the original spring hangers. They feature a special torque leaf to reduce axle wrap. The 11-leaf pack provides a smooth, progressive spring rate, while extended u-straps and teflon friction pads improve performance. The military wrap at the non-shackle eye provides the durability to take years of punishment. All-Pro leaf springs are sold in pairs, with a complete urethane bushing and sleeve kit. All-Pro backs up their leaf springs with a comprehensive 12-month warranty for non-racing applications and proper installation (with OE spring hangers, shackles and bumpstops).

* NOTE: These springs are NOT designed for extreme weight carrying capability. They are designed for ride quality and flex. For springs designed to carry heavy loads, see the Emu Dakar springs below.
or

If you tow or haul a lot you might want to look into the Emu Dakar Leaf Springs they sell. Made to carry more weight but not flex as well on the trail and provide 2.75 lift.

Quote:
For heavy, fully-outfitted expedition vehicles and those hauling heavy loads, we recommend Emu Dakar heavy duty leaf springs. These springs feature a heavier spring rate than our All-Pro leafs, plus several other features designed to withstand heavier loads. Emu Dakar leaf packs are flat at the center axle mounting surface, to make installation easier and to relieve any stress to the spring pack that may occur from placing a flat spring perch against the arched portion of the spring. Emu Dakar springs are fully scragged, load tested and shot-peened on the tension side of the spring to ensure long-lasting performance. Teflon pads and graphite coating help to reduce friction within the spring pack, and a millitary wrap at the main spring eye ensures safety. Note that on most "normal", non-heavily-laden vehicles these springs will provide a stiff ride quality and decreased suspension flex. They achieve optimum ride quality and performance under heavier loads.
Either way you go, its still a huge improvement over what your currently running.

Oh and the price for option 1 is 375$ and for 2 its 399$

How heavy is your bumper anyways?

EDIT: added descriptions for all pros website.....
Old 08-04-2010, 02:43 PM   #5
Manlaan is one of the sharper tools in the shedManlaan is one of the sharper tools in the shedManlaan is one of the sharper tools in the shedManlaan is one of the sharper tools in the shedManlaan is one of the sharper tools in the shedManlaan is one of the sharper tools in the shedManlaan is one of the sharper tools in the shedManlaan is one of the sharper tools in the shedManlaan is one of the sharper tools in the shedManlaan is one of the sharper tools in the shedManlaan is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Greg
Manlaan's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by achirdo View Post
i currently have a 2in spacer under my stock leaf pack and have a kennesaw rear bumper commin in soon. my leafs already have a frowny face look to them. i wheel my truck to, and they are always hitting the bumpstops.

what is a good solid leaf pack for a cheap price that can handle all of this?

would a aal be good enough to support that extra weight and still be decent offroad?

thoughts, comments, and concerns are appriciated
You'll definitely have to show us pics and such of your bumper. I'm a bit interested in how it looks. What options did you get with it and how much was it?
Old 08-04-2010, 02:58 PM   #6
First Class White Trash
achirdo is one of the sharper tools in the shedachirdo is one of the sharper tools in the shedachirdo is one of the sharper tools in the shedachirdo is one of the sharper tools in the shedachirdo is one of the sharper tools in the shedachirdo is one of the sharper tools in the shedachirdo is one of the sharper tools in the shedachirdo is one of the sharper tools in the shedachirdo is one of the sharper tools in the shedachirdo is one of the sharper tools in the shedachirdo is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Adam
achirdo's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Manlaan View Post
You'll definitely have to show us pics and such of your bumper. I'm a bit interested in how it looks. What options did you get with it and how much was it?
still waiting for it to come in. but they are pretty dern cheap. $400 for the rear bumper + $65 for the reciever hitch. and then shipping was $107. but i have to say customer service was a little lacking with the company. i would only do it if you are exremely conservative about your money. i got the quote in early july and told them to put me on the list. they said they were gonna start on it that weekend. i called back 2 weeks later and they said they havnt gotten around to it yet. i called a week ago and said that they were going into production. called yesterday and they said that some will go out this week and others will go out late next week. so i dunno when its gonna come in. just be preared to wait with what ever place you choose. i switched my order from all pro to kennesaw b/c the wait w/ all pro was to long but turned out i am waiting a month longer to get the kennesaw. but i saved a $100 in the process. will do a full review when i get the bumper in