Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Suspension

Notices

diy ome lift install help

Old 08-06-2010, 11:41 PM   #1
That's some tight butthole
malander is one of the sharper tools in the shedmalander is one of the sharper tools in the shedmalander is one of the sharper tools in the shedmalander is one of the sharper tools in the shedmalander is one of the sharper tools in the shedmalander is one of the sharper tools in the shedmalander is one of the sharper tools in the shedmalander is one of the sharper tools in the shedmalander is one of the sharper tools in the shedmalander is one of the sharper tools in the shedmalander is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: max
malander's Tacoma Gallery
diy ome lift install help

I have been debating lifts for over a month now and now that i have finally picked out the ome lift i cant find anyone to install it. even if i did i feel i would gain more satisfaction by installing it myself and save some coin as well. I have read some write ups on how to do it and it seems fairly straight forward. However I was wondering what torque specs most of the bolts needed when reinstalled and how i could measure these, or if they are even an issue. any help would be appreciated
Old 08-06-2010, 11:47 PM   #2
Almost there
08pretaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed08pretaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed08pretaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed08pretaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed08pretaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed08pretaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed08pretaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed08pretaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed08pretaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed08pretaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed08pretaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Oliver
08pretaco's Tacoma Gallery
http://www.customtacos.com/tech/files/05FSM/repair.html
Old 08-06-2010, 11:50 PM   #3
malander is one of the sharper tools in the shedmalander is one of the sharper tools in the shedmalander is one of the sharper tools in the shedmalander is one of the sharper tools in the shedmalander is one of the sharper tools in the shedmalander is one of the sharper tools in the shedmalander is one of the sharper tools in the shedmalander is one of the sharper tools in the shedmalander is one of the sharper tools in the shedmalander is one of the sharper tools in the shedmalander is one of the sharper tools in the shed

do they have anything like that for 1st gens?
Old 08-06-2010, 11:52 PM   #4
Almost there
08pretaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed08pretaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed08pretaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed08pretaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed08pretaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed08pretaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed08pretaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed08pretaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed08pretaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed08pretaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed08pretaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Oh sorry lol I didnt notice that. Ya there is let me find it real quick

http://www.ncttora.com/fsm/2003/index.html

^ thats for the 01-04 tacoma
Old 08-06-2010, 11:54 PM   #5

thanks man any ideas for measuring the torque rating on all the bolts?
Old 08-06-2010, 11:56 PM   #6
Almost there

ummm idk lol the torque wrench I borrow from Vatozone has a tighten/loosen function. I guess start at a certain torque and work from there??? Other than that IDK but the FSM should tell you what torques to use and a breaker bar ( I think thats what its called) will help break the seals on the bolts now
Old 08-07-2010, 12:00 AM   #7

alright i gotta ask around that just looks confusing to me and im sure it isnt that challenging
Old 08-07-2010, 12:06 AM   #8
Almost there

there has to be members around you that are willing to help with the install for a 6pack
Old 08-07-2010, 12:18 AM   #9
Almost there

http://www.tacomaworld.com/forum/1st...n-install.html

maybe send a PM to the OP of the thread above! He should beable to help out a lot
Old 08-07-2010, 08:18 AM   #10

6 pack may not work im 16 and i havent seen too many tw members who live in missouri there are some but idk bout 1st gen owners ill look around im sure i can find what i need
Old 08-07-2010, 08:19 AM   #11
Almost there

You do not need to find someone with a 1gen any 2 gen owner can help as well..and ya being 16 might be a little hard so maybe buy them some pizza or something lol
Old 08-07-2010, 08:33 AM   #12

lol alright thanks for the help ill get this figured out hopefully relatively soon