Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Suspension

Notices

looking for someone with 3" (toytec coilover)

Old 08-09-2010, 08:34 PM   #1
Alaskan Assassin
907taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed907taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed907taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed907taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed907taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed907taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed907taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed907taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed907taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed907taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed907taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Bobby
907taco's Tacoma Gallery
looking for someone with 3" (toytec coilover)

i bought my truck and had the spacers and aal put on the second day i owned it and went up to 265 75r 16, low and behold i found this site and pulled the trigger on the ultimate kit, i already installed the rear dakar leaf packs and billies and sometime this week I am installing the coilovers, i have searched and searched and could not find anyone posting how many inches from center hub to fender > or possibly just taking a picture of the coilover so i can see where they are adjusted to..... achieve maximum 3 inches.........
Old 08-09-2010, 09:16 PM   #2
Sublime is one of the sharper tools in the shedSublime is one of the sharper tools in the shedSublime is one of the sharper tools in the shedSublime is one of the sharper tools in the shedSublime is one of the sharper tools in the shedSublime is one of the sharper tools in the shedSublime is one of the sharper tools in the shedSublime is one of the sharper tools in the shedSublime is one of the sharper tools in the shedSublime is one of the sharper tools in the shedSublime is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Mike
Sublime's Tacoma Gallery
Hey man, congrats on the lift. I got rid of my spacers for the toytec setup as well. I however got the coils and 5100's and put them together instead of the setup you got. Difference is you got a small spacer on top giving a little more lift and they are pre-assembled. I went by the directions and had 2 1/4" thread showing and got like 3.5" so lowered to 1.75" thread. With the spacer lift I was at 38" from ground to fender with 285's. After the coils I was at 39.5". They were stiff and was higher than rear. So I just adjusted them myself (super easy) and got them back to 38.5" and I'm very happy. I would say just get em on and get them to where you like them. Good luck.
Old 08-09-2010, 10:10 PM   #3
Alaskan Assassin
907taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed907taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed907taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed907taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed907taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed907taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed907taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed907taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed907taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed907taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed907taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Bobby
907taco's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sublime View Post
Hey man, congrats on the lift. I got rid of my spacers for the toytec setup as well. I however got the coils and 5100's and put them together instead of the setup you got. Difference is you got a small spacer on top giving a little more lift and they are pre-assembled. I went by the directions and had 2 1/4" thread showing and got like 3.5" so lowered to 1.75" thread. With the spacer lift I was at 38" from ground to fender with 285's. After the coils I was at 39.5". They were stiff and was higher than rear. So I just adjusted them myself (super easy) and got them back to 38.5" and I'm very happy. I would say just get em on and get them to where you like them. Good luck.
thanks mike,
i have been researching for the last day. i just thought it would be easier for me to see a pic of coilover from someone who has 3" of lift with them and then start from there.... oh well i know its not going to be to hard to figure out, actually going to be fun as i built up tons of confidence doing the rear leaf packs by myself. Also doing UCA too.
Old 08-09-2010, 10:17 PM   #4
The Little Truck That Could
Yoytoda is one of the sharper tools in the shedYoytoda is one of the sharper tools in the shedYoytoda is one of the sharper tools in the shedYoytoda is one of the sharper tools in the shedYoytoda is one of the sharper tools in the shedYoytoda is one of the sharper tools in the shedYoytoda is one of the sharper tools in the shedYoytoda is one of the sharper tools in the shedYoytoda is one of the sharper tools in the shedYoytoda is one of the sharper tools in the shedYoytoda is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Roland
Yoytoda's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by 907taco View Post
thanks mike,
i have been researching for the last day. i just thought it would be easier for me to see a pic of coilover from someone who has 3" of lift with them and then start from there.... oh well i know its not going to be to hard to figure out, actually going to be fun as i built up tons of confidence doing the rear leaf packs by myself. Also doing UCA too.
FYI on the UCAs. ive heard alot of people just cut the old bolts and replace them. i guess its easier that way than trying to fight the old ones out. There are pretty cheap from toyota from what i hear...