1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

looking for someone with 3" (toytec coilover)

Discussion in 'Suspension' started by 907taco, Aug 9, 2010.

1. Aug 9, 2010 at 8:34 PM
    907taco

907taco [OP] Alaskan Assassin

Member:
    First Name:
    Bobby
    Alaska
    Vehicle:
    2010 BlackSandPearl 4x4
    ultimate lift kit ( toytec ) ome dakar leaf pack , w/ extended length billies, LR uca's, Pro comp 7089s, KM2's 285 70 17, neoprene seat covers, weather techs, CBI sliders w/kickout, URD ss, cab mount chop, VHT night shade tint>tails,3rd B-light. Debadged. Grillecraft grille, rear diff breather mod. CBI Moab front bumper, warn M8000 winch, HID kragens 7", Hella's micro fogs. retrofit headlights HIDS, LED solutions maps/license! 886 back up light mod,
    i bought my truck and had the spacers and aal put on the second day i owned it and went up to 265 75r 16, low and behold i found this site and pulled the trigger on the ultimate kit, i already installed the rear dakar leaf packs and billies and sometime this week I am installing the coilovers, i have searched and searched and could not find anyone posting how many inches from center hub to fender > or possibly just taking a picture of the coilover so i can see where they are adjusted to..... achieve maximum 3 inches.........

2. Aug 9, 2010 at 9:16 PM
    Sublime

Sublime Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Mike
    Phoenix, AZ
    Vehicle:
    08 TRD 4x4
    Icon/All Pro.....chopped for 35's
    Hey man, congrats on the lift. I got rid of my spacers for the toytec setup as well. I however got the coils and 5100's and put them together instead of the setup you got. Difference is you got a small spacer on top giving a little more lift and they are pre-assembled. I went by the directions and had 2 1/4" thread showing and got like 3.5" so lowered to 1.75" thread. With the spacer lift I was at 38" from ground to fender with 285's. After the coils I was at 39.5". They were stiff and was higher than rear. So I just adjusted them myself (super easy) and got them back to 38.5" and I'm very happy. I would say just get em on and get them to where you like them. Good luck.

3. Aug 9, 2010 at 10:10 PM
    907taco

Member:
    First Name:
    Bobby
    Alaska
    Vehicle:
    2010 BlackSandPearl 4x4
    ultimate lift kit ( toytec ) ome dakar leaf pack , w/ extended length billies, LR uca's, Pro comp 7089s, KM2's 285 70 17, neoprene seat covers, weather techs, CBI sliders w/kickout, URD ss, cab mount chop, VHT night shade tint>tails,3rd B-light. Debadged. Grillecraft grille, rear diff breather mod. CBI Moab front bumper, warn M8000 winch, HID kragens 7", Hella's micro fogs. retrofit headlights HIDS, LED solutions maps/license! 886 back up light mod,
    thanks mike,
    i have been researching for the last day. i just thought it would be easier for me to see a pic of coilover from someone who has 3" of lift with them and then start from there.... oh well i know its not going to be to hard to figure out, actually going to be fun as i built up tons of confidence doing the rear leaf packs by myself. Also doing UCA too.

4. Aug 9, 2010 at 10:17 PM
    Yoytoda

Yoytoda The Little Truck That Could

Member:
    First Name:
    Roland
    Big Bear,CA / Upstate NY(Saratoga)
    Vehicle:
    2010 Tacoma Regular Cab 4x4
    completely stock
    FYI on the UCAs. ive heard alot of people just cut the old bolts and replace them. i guess its easier that way than trying to fight the old ones out. There are pretty cheap from toyota from what i hear...

5. Aug 9, 2010 at 10:24 PM
    907taco

Member:
    First Name:
    Bobby
    Alaska
    Vehicle:
    2010 BlackSandPearl 4x4
    yes, i am picking them up on thursday, alaska dealerships don't stock them so they ordered them today for me. thanks for the heads up

Products Discussed in

To Top