Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Suspension

Notices

884/885's or eibach @.85 on 5100's???

Old 08-11-2010, 10:37 AM   #1
Fabulous is one of the sharper tools in the shedFabulous is one of the sharper tools in the shedFabulous is one of the sharper tools in the shedFabulous is one of the sharper tools in the shedFabulous is one of the sharper tools in the shedFabulous is one of the sharper tools in the shedFabulous is one of the sharper tools in the shedFabulous is one of the sharper tools in the shedFabulous is one of the sharper tools in the shedFabulous is one of the sharper tools in the shedFabulous is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Fabian
Fabulous's Tacoma Gallery
884/885's or eibach @.85 on 5100's???

I just ordered some 5100's from DSMS, and I'm also going to do a 2" AAL in the back. My question is this... I just spoke with someone at Toytec, and he told me that I can't do the 5100's at .85 with the eibach coils, just the 0. He recomends the 885 OME coils at 0. I have a 4x4 double cab that sita 1" higher in the back now, and when I lift I want to keep the rake close to the same for when I have a load. I only want 2 ish inches of lift in the front because I don't want new UCA's, and I thought the 885's provide 2.5" without the top plate...this stuff is too confusing! Which way should I go? Anyone have the eibachs at 0.85? any pics? How about a double cab with 885's? pics? Any help is really appreciated, as I want to get this right the first time...
Old 08-11-2010, 11:18 AM   #2
erion109 has a brilliant futureerion109 has a brilliant futureerion109 has a brilliant futureerion109 has a brilliant futureerion109 has a brilliant futureerion109 has a brilliant futureerion109 has a brilliant futureerion109 has a brilliant futureerion109 has a brilliant futureerion109 has a brilliant futureerion109 has a brilliant future

Army: 1/145 AVN REG
Name: Jayson
erion109's Tacoma Gallery
I'm in the same boat as you. I want to lift my truck 2.5 - 3". I've been looking at purchasing the 5100s, but unsure about coil springs and an AAL. I'm looking forward to see what tips you'll get. I would like my truck to sit level. I purchased a 3" ReadyLift kit, but have since decided to sell it (for a loss) and save up for the 5100s. I'll keep an eye out and see what comes your way.
Old 08-11-2010, 11:20 AM   #3
jester156 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjester156 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjester156 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjester156 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjester156 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjester156 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjester156 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjester156 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjester156 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjester156 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjester156 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

jester156's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via Yahoo to jester156
I have 5100 set at 0.85 with eibach's. there are a few pictures in the suspension thread with this same set up from other members. ride quality is great, you can't go any higher than 0.85. setting at 0 will give you a smoother ride, although 0.85 setting is no where harsh.
Old 08-11-2010, 11:46 AM   #4
Fabulous is one of the sharper tools in the shedFabulous is one of the sharper tools in the shedFabulous is one of the sharper tools in the shedFabulous is one of the sharper tools in the shedFabulous is one of the sharper tools in the shedFabulous is one of the sharper tools in the shedFabulous is one of the sharper tools in the shedFabulous is one of the sharper tools in the shedFabulous is one of the sharper tools in the shedFabulous is one of the sharper tools in the shedFabulous is one of the sharper tools in the shed

How much lift did you get with the eibach's and 5100's at .85? How's the alignment? Guy atToytec said he can't stop me from running the eibach's and 5100's at .85, but does not recommend it at all.
Old 08-11-2010, 11:48 AM   #5
stroM- is one of the sharper tools in the shedstroM- is one of the sharper tools in the shedstroM- is one of the sharper tools in the shedstroM- is one of the sharper tools in the shedstroM- is one of the sharper tools in the shedstroM- is one of the sharper tools in the shedstroM- is one of the sharper tools in the shedstroM- is one of the sharper tools in the shedstroM- is one of the sharper tools in the shedstroM- is one of the sharper tools in the shedstroM- is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jason
stroM-'s Tacoma Gallery
If you want a full 3 youll have to go 885's w/5100's set at .85

or

you can go 885's w a 1/4 top plate and 5100's at 0
Old 08-11-2010, 12:00 PM   #6

I don't want 3...2.5 at the very most...2 exactly would be ideal.
Old 08-11-2010, 12:03 PM   #7
stroM- is one of the sharper tools in the shedstroM- is one of the sharper tools in the shedstroM- is one of the sharper tools in the shedstroM- is one of the sharper tools in the shedstroM- is one of the sharper tools in the shedstroM- is one of the sharper tools in the shedstroM- is one of the sharper tools in the shedstroM- is one of the sharper tools in the shedstroM- is one of the sharper tools in the shedstroM- is one of the sharper tools in the shedstroM- is one of the sharper tools in the shed

stroM-'s Tacoma Gallery
then 885's with 5100's at 0 - the 885's provide 1.75 of lift. so realistically youll be around 2.25-2.5 with that setup.
Old 08-11-2010, 12:12 PM   #8

I thought the 885's provided more like 2.5-2.75, at least that is what I have read on here...?!
Old 08-11-2010, 12:15 PM   #9

stroM-'s Tacoma Gallery
http://www.wheelersoffroad.com/05upometaco.htm

wheelers says 1.75 and toytec says 2, so thats why i figure you would be around 2.25 - 2.5 if 5100's on 0
Old 08-11-2010, 02:41 PM   #10

Anyone else? I think I'm stuck on trying the eibachs at 0.85 unless someone else has something else for me to consider...
Old 08-11-2010, 03:24 PM   #11
With sufficient thrust, pigs fly just fine.
chris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: FlimFlubberJAM
chris4x4's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by stroM- View Post
If you want a full 3 youll have to go 885's w/5100's set at .85

or

you can go 885's w a 1/4 top plate and 5100's at 0
Quote:
then 885's with 5100's at 0 - the 885's provide 1.75 of lift. so realistically youll be around 2.25-2.5 with that setup.
Quote:
http://www.wheelersoffroad.com/05upometaco.htm

wheelers says 1.75 and toytec says 2, so thats why i figure you would be around 2.25 - 2.5 if 5100's on 0

The 885's will give close to 3" lift without any spacers, and at the 0" setting on the bilstiens. Wheelers site is in correct.
Old 08-11-2010, 03:30 PM   #12

Thanks Chris. What would you suggest? I see that your like the guru around here.
Old 08-11-2010, 04:16 PM   #13
With sufficient thrust, pigs fly just fine.
chris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: FlimFlubberJAM
chris4x4's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fabulous View Post
Thanks Chris. What would you suggest? I see that your like the guru around here.
The 885's will give you close to 3" lift (2.75 to 3") with the billies at the 0" setting, or you can get the Eibach 1.6" lift springs, and use the bilstiens at the .85" setting. Both will ride about the same.
Old 08-11-2010, 04:48 PM   #14
Nothing beats a Butter Shave..
Hipster has a brilliant futureHipster has a brilliant futureHipster has a brilliant futureHipster has a brilliant futureHipster has a brilliant futureHipster has a brilliant futureHipster has a brilliant futureHipster has a brilliant futureHipster has a brilliant futureHipster has a brilliant futureHipster has a brilliant future

Name: Tom
Hipster's Tacoma Gallery
I'm not sure who you were talking to at Toytec but:

1. When I talked to them and told him what I wanted to do, he recommended the Eibach w/ Billy's set @ .85 which I put on two days ago, looks great and with the TSB is near level, (a slight bro or Yuma rake but that'll be gone in a month with I do the 1.5 AAL)

2. Not too long ago there was a Toytec group buy and in that post it stated that you could do a "0" or a ".85 with the Eibachs but nothing higher.

3. My truck aligned perfectly. Today I drove to Sacaton, AZ and back to Tucson @ 75-80 MPH. Perfect ride. Around town I think it even feels better than stock. Lift ended up being around 2.5" or so but it may settle a bit.

Hope the info helps out.

hip
Old 08-13-2010, 09:50 PM   #15

What AAL did you go with? Any pics. I'm so stuck here it hurts. I keep pondering 884/885 or eibachs at 0.85. I just want to order and be done with this.
Old 09-15-2010, 02:23 PM   #16
I'd rather be hunting!
huntark03 is one of the sharper tools in the shedhuntark03 is one of the sharper tools in the shedhuntark03 is one of the sharper tools in the shedhuntark03 is one of the sharper tools in the shedhuntark03 is one of the sharper tools in the shedhuntark03 is one of the sharper tools in the shedhuntark03 is one of the sharper tools in the shedhuntark03 is one of the sharper tools in the shedhuntark03 is one of the sharper tools in the shedhuntark03 is one of the sharper tools in the shedhuntark03 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Chris
huntark03's Tacoma Gallery
subscribed!!
Old 09-15-2010, 02:42 PM   #17
I'd rather be hunting!
huntark03 is one of the sharper tools in the shedhuntark03 is one of the sharper tools in the shedhuntark03 is one of the sharper tools in the shedhuntark03 is one of the sharper tools in the shedhuntark03 is one of the sharper tools in the shedhuntark03 is one of the sharper tools in the shedhuntark03 is one of the sharper tools in the shedhuntark03 is one of the sharper tools in the shedhuntark03 is one of the sharper tools in the shedhuntark03 is one of the sharper tools in the shedhuntark03 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hipster View Post

1. When I talked to them and told him what I wanted to do, he recommended the Eibach w/ Billy's set @ .85 which I put on two days ago, looks great and with the TSB is near level, (a slight bro or Yuma rake but that'll be gone in a month with I do the 1.5 AAL)

2. Not too long ago there was a Toytec group buy and in that post it stated that you could do a "0" or a ".85 with the Eibachs but nothing higher.

3. My truck aligned perfectly. Today I drove to Sacaton, AZ and back to Tucson @ 75-80 MPH. Perfect ride. Around town I think it even feels better than stock. Lift ended up being around 2.5" or so but it may settle a bit.

Hope the info helps out.

hip

Would love some pics of your setup with the AAL installed!!
Old 09-15-2010, 03:57 PM   #18

I'm getting an alignment on Friday, and I'll snap some photos right afterwards, cool? It's been a week since install, and the rear 2" AAL is still at about 2.3" from stock, and the front is just over 2" from stock...like around 2 1/8-2 1/4". I'll double check tonight. I think it looks good, and rides nice even with my alignment being way off.
Old 09-17-2010, 11:31 AM   #19
I'd rather be hunting!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hipster View Post

Hope the info helps out.

hip

Hey Hipster,

Did you ever add that 1.5 AAL? I'd love to see pictures!!!
Old 09-27-2010, 06:47 AM   #20
I'd rather be hunting!

Anybody else have pics of this setup?