Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Suspension

Notices

New U bolts req'd? Where to purchase?

Old 08-12-2010, 01:54 PM   #1
Fabulous is one of the sharper tools in the shedFabulous is one of the sharper tools in the shedFabulous is one of the sharper tools in the shedFabulous is one of the sharper tools in the shedFabulous is one of the sharper tools in the shedFabulous is one of the sharper tools in the shedFabulous is one of the sharper tools in the shedFabulous is one of the sharper tools in the shedFabulous is one of the sharper tools in the shedFabulous is one of the sharper tools in the shedFabulous is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Fabian
Fabulous's Tacoma Gallery
New U bolts req'd? Where to purchase?

I'm adding a Toytec 2" AAL to my 06 D-cab that doesn't have the TSB done...am I going to need new, longer u bolts for the install? If so where do I get em from, as I can't find any on the Toytec site unless they come with a block lift kit?!
Old 08-12-2010, 02:33 PM   #2
Fabulous is one of the sharper tools in the shedFabulous is one of the sharper tools in the shedFabulous is one of the sharper tools in the shedFabulous is one of the sharper tools in the shedFabulous is one of the sharper tools in the shedFabulous is one of the sharper tools in the shedFabulous is one of the sharper tools in the shedFabulous is one of the sharper tools in the shedFabulous is one of the sharper tools in the shedFabulous is one of the sharper tools in the shedFabulous is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Cool, thanks buddy. I suppose the 7.5 inchers are the ones I'll need...
Old 08-12-2010, 09:24 PM   #3
nvdeserted is one of the sharper tools in the shednvdeserted is one of the sharper tools in the shednvdeserted is one of the sharper tools in the shednvdeserted is one of the sharper tools in the shednvdeserted is one of the sharper tools in the shednvdeserted is one of the sharper tools in the shednvdeserted is one of the sharper tools in the shednvdeserted is one of the sharper tools in the shednvdeserted is one of the sharper tools in the shednvdeserted is one of the sharper tools in the shednvdeserted is one of the sharper tools in the shed

nvdeserted's Tacoma Gallery
Toytecs come with the Ubolts.
Old 08-13-2010, 09:07 AM   #4
╒╪╕
MyToyTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedMyToyTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedMyToyTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedMyToyTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedMyToyTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedMyToyTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedMyToyTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedMyToyTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedMyToyTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedMyToyTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedMyToyTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Nick
MyToyTaco's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to MyToyTaco
My toytec AAL didn't come with new u-bolts either. During install I realized I needed longer bolts so I hit up the local 4WP and luckily they had some in stock.
Old 08-13-2010, 09:16 AM   #5
tacoma44x44 is on a distinguished road
Name: Jamie
tacoma44x44's Tacoma Gallery
I have the 2" AAL from Toytec and i didn't need new U bolts.
Old 08-13-2010, 09:16 AM   #6
╒╪╕
MyToyTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedMyToyTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedMyToyTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedMyToyTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedMyToyTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedMyToyTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedMyToyTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedMyToyTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedMyToyTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedMyToyTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedMyToyTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
Originally Posted by tacoma44x44 View Post
Did you use axle shims?
Old 08-13-2010, 09:19 AM   #7
i did have axle shims but i ended up taking them out cause it didn't help the drive line vibrations.
Old 08-13-2010, 09:19 AM   #8
╒╪╕

I didn't need new u-bolts w/o the shims, but when I added the shims I needed longer bolts
Old 08-13-2010, 09:22 AM   #9
Ya when the shims were in there the nuts were right at the end of the U bolts. It defiantly wouldn't hurt to get longer U bolts.
Old 08-14-2010, 12:29 AM   #10
nvdeserted is one of the sharper tools in the shednvdeserted is one of the sharper tools in the shednvdeserted is one of the sharper tools in the shednvdeserted is one of the sharper tools in the shednvdeserted is one of the sharper tools in the shednvdeserted is one of the sharper tools in the shednvdeserted is one of the sharper tools in the shednvdeserted is one of the sharper tools in the shednvdeserted is one of the sharper tools in the shednvdeserted is one of the sharper tools in the shednvdeserted is one of the sharper tools in the shed

nvdeserted's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by wolfpack_5150 View Post
actually, they come with the center pins.

From their site :

My 1.5 TSB AAL came with pins too, no u bolts.

OP, call em if in doubt and see if u will even need them.

Not even the OME $200.00 pack comes with u bolts from toy tec :
Whoops, he said something about "a block lift kit", guess I read it too fast.

That's strange they don't supply Ubolts with their AAL. Send them an email, I bet they could break open a 1"block package for you... but those will be way longer than you need and you'll need to chop then ends off; I ran their 1"block for a while and even with that the Ubolts they supplied were like 1.5" too long.

Here is a pic with the Toytec 1"block and supplied Ubolts; if you use these with an AAL they will hang down like 5/8"longer... but it only takes a few min to fix that with a cutoff wheel.
Old 08-18-2010, 09:46 AM   #11

I measured the amount of thread left on the stock u-bolts, and there is 1/2 an inch left past the bolt. How thick ate the 2" AAL leafs? Thought I heard 3/8 of an inch, so I should be good, no?
Old 08-18-2010, 09:48 AM   #12
-TRDMAN- is one of the sharper tools in the shed-TRDMAN- is one of the sharper tools in the shed-TRDMAN- is one of the sharper tools in the shed-TRDMAN- is one of the sharper tools in the shed-TRDMAN- is one of the sharper tools in the shed-TRDMAN- is one of the sharper tools in the shed-TRDMAN- is one of the sharper tools in the shed-TRDMAN- is one of the sharper tools in the shed-TRDMAN- is one of the sharper tools in the shed-TRDMAN- is one of the sharper tools in the shed-TRDMAN- is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Greg
-TRDMAN-'s Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by tacoma44x44 View Post
X2