Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Suspension

Notices

Toytec Spacer Lift Kit help/clarification

Old 08-13-2010, 12:40 AM   #1
amrich is on a distinguished road
amrich's Tacoma Gallery
Toytec Spacer Lift Kit help/clarification

I bought the Toytec 3" spacer lift with the AAL's. I have been told that I also need bumper brackets for this spacer lift. Does anybody know why that is? Do I need them for both the front and rear?

Also, would it be a good idea to get the differential drop kit? what exactly does it do?

Any help is greatly appreciated! Thanks!
Old 08-13-2010, 02:08 AM   #2
Locked and Lifted "02" DC TRD.
Matic is one of the sharper tools in the shedMatic is one of the sharper tools in the shedMatic is one of the sharper tools in the shedMatic is one of the sharper tools in the shedMatic is one of the sharper tools in the shedMatic is one of the sharper tools in the shedMatic is one of the sharper tools in the shedMatic is one of the sharper tools in the shedMatic is one of the sharper tools in the shedMatic is one of the sharper tools in the shedMatic is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Rich
Matic's Tacoma Gallery
Bumper brackets? Not sure what that is. You won't need the drop diff with only 3pm
Old 08-13-2010, 02:19 AM   #3
sometimes nonsense is the only sense someone has
rhodehard09 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrhodehard09 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrhodehard09 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrhodehard09 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrhodehard09 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrhodehard09 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrhodehard09 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrhodehard09 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrhodehard09 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrhodehard09 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrhodehard09 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Ryan
rhodehard09's Tacoma Gallery
i am running a 3"spacer w/aal on my second taco.
never heard of bumper brackets though.
some people run a diff drop and some dont. i personally run it. after i installed the lift i looked at the angle of my cv joints and decided to install the diff drop. it definately lessened the angle on the cv's(good).
i also installed the center carrier bearing drop which lessened the angle of the driveshaft to almost stock.
do you need these things probably not.
is it a good idea to run them...definately
your talking about maybe $40 extra to save you a couple hundred later on.
it also pays to get some longer rear shocks. they let your rear end articulate a little better.

Old 08-13-2010, 10:12 AM   #4
amrich's Tacoma Gallery
i have my lift kit here and i'm just waiting before i have all the parts to put it on. if i were to get the differential drop and the center carrier bearing drop, would you recommend putting them on at the same time as the lift? or would they be pretty easy to put on after the lift has already been installed?
Old 08-14-2010, 01:05 PM   #6
amrich's Tacoma Gallery
okay thanks for the help!
Old 08-14-2010, 04:28 PM   #7
bdwsrjoe is a splendid one to beholdbdwsrjoe is a splendid one to beholdbdwsrjoe is a splendid one to beholdbdwsrjoe is a splendid one to beholdbdwsrjoe is a splendid one to beholdbdwsrjoe is a splendid one to beholdbdwsrjoe is a splendid one to behold

Name: Joe
bdwsrjoe's Tacoma Gallery
bumber brackets?? im running the same kit with a diff drop no problems so far. i need to look into the center carrier bearing drop, can i get a link?
Old 08-14-2010, 10:59 PM   #8
amrich's Tacoma Gallery
Here is the link for the center bearing drop. I ordered it online and it was only 10.99. http://store.fatbobsgarage.com/toyot...010-p8484.aspx
Old 08-14-2010, 11:26 PM   #9
Piss off
jhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Air Force: former TSgt/E6, 3D172, Cyber Transport, NC Air Guard and prior AD
Name: Jamie
jhodge83's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by amrich View Post
I bought the Toytec 3" spacer lift with the AAL's. I have been told that I also need bumper brackets for this spacer lift. Does anybody know why that is? Do I need them for both the front and rear?

Also, would it be a good idea to get the differential drop kit? what exactly does it do?

Any help is greatly appreciated! Thanks!
you are prerunner or 4x4?

also never heard of a bumper bracket
Old 08-14-2010, 11:58 PM   #10
nvdeserted is one of the sharper tools in the shednvdeserted is one of the sharper tools in the shednvdeserted is one of the sharper tools in the shednvdeserted is one of the sharper tools in the shednvdeserted is one of the sharper tools in the shednvdeserted is one of the sharper tools in the shednvdeserted is one of the sharper tools in the shednvdeserted is one of the sharper tools in the shednvdeserted is one of the sharper tools in the shednvdeserted is one of the sharper tools in the shednvdeserted is one of the sharper tools in the shed

nvdeserted's Tacoma Gallery
Bumper brackets? Whoever told you that thinks you want a 2" body lift (which uses spacers to lift the body from the frame); when you lift the body your rear bumper would be 2" too low, the bracket would fix that by raising the bumper up 2".

You want a 2" suspension lift via coil-spacers.