1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Toytec Spacer Lift Kit help/clarification

Discussion in 'Suspension' started by amrich, Aug 12, 2010.

1. Aug 12, 2010 at 11:40 PM
    amrich

amrich [OP] Member

Member:
    Utah
    Vehicle:
    07 Tacoma Sport
    Nothing yet...
    I bought the Toytec 3" spacer lift with the AAL's. I have been told that I also need bumper brackets for this spacer lift. Does anybody know why that is? Do I need them for both the front and rear?

Also, would it be a good idea to get the differential drop kit? what exactly does it do?

Any help is greatly appreciated! Thanks!

2. Aug 13, 2010 at 1:08 AM
    Matic

Matic The "OFG" Baby!!!

Member:
    First Name:
    Tricky Dick
    Easley, SC
    Vehicle:
    1 owner 2002 TRD, SR5, DC, 2.7. Full OME suspension, STT pro's.
    OME 881 coils with OME nitrochargers shocks up front. TC UCA's OME Dakars with extra leaf in the rear. Warn 8000 winch with 80ft custom braided synth line. Custom 60ft synth extension. All pro tube bumper, Hi-lift jack, Safari Snorkel, Wilco tiregate. 2019 Jeep JLUR.
    Bumper brackets? Not sure what that is. You won't need the drop diff with only 3pm

3. Aug 13, 2010 at 1:19 AM
    rhodehard09

rhodehard09 sometimes nonsense is the only sense someone has

Member:
    First Name:
    Ryan
    tampa, fl
    Vehicle:
    09 TRD Off Road 4x4 doublecab
    3" lift, allpro u-bolt flip kit,285/75/16 km2s, hella hid lights, hid conversions for headlights and foglights, led everything, debadged, 9145 reverse light bulbs, black tail lights, black headlight mod,trail-gear rock sliders, dynomax ultra flo muffler,satoshi with custom woven stainless grill,hella 100watt floods in grill, pioneer 4100 in dash dvd player, pioneer 800watt 4 channel amp, pioneer 4way 6x9s, pioneer 4 way 6.5s, 2 rockford p3 10's,rockford power 500.1 mono amp w/bass knob, 7 pin relocated, highlift and mount in bed, diff breather mod, led bed lights, secondary air filter removed,t-rex eyelids, mefab bumper bar, muddy under carriage
    i am running a 3"spacer w/aal on my second taco.
    never heard of bumper brackets though.
    some people run a diff drop and some dont. i personally run it. after i installed the lift i looked at the angle of my cv joints and decided to install the diff drop. it definately lessened the angle on the cv's(good).
    i also installed the center carrier bearing drop which lessened the angle of the driveshaft to almost stock.
    do you need these things probably not.
    is it a good idea to run them...definately
    your talking about maybe $40 extra to save you a couple hundred later on.
    it also pays to get some longer rear shocks. they let your rear end articulate a little better.

[​IMG]

4. Aug 13, 2010 at 9:12 AM
    amrich

amrich [OP] Member

Member:
    Utah
    Vehicle:
    07 Tacoma Sport
    Nothing yet...
    i have my lift kit here and i'm just waiting before i have all the parts to put it on. if i were to get the differential drop and the center carrier bearing drop, would you recommend putting them on at the same time as the lift? or would they be pretty easy to put on after the lift has already been installed?

5. Aug 13, 2010 at 4:14 PM
    rhodehard09

rhodehard09 sometimes nonsense is the only sense someone has

Member:
    First Name:
    Ryan
    tampa, fl
    Vehicle:
    09 TRD Off Road 4x4 doublecab
    3" lift, allpro u-bolt flip kit,285/75/16 km2s, hella hid lights, hid conversions for headlights and foglights, led everything, debadged, 9145 reverse light bulbs, black tail lights, black headlight mod,trail-gear rock sliders, dynomax ultra flo muffler,satoshi with custom woven stainless grill,hella 100watt floods in grill, pioneer 4100 in dash dvd player, pioneer 800watt 4 channel amp, pioneer 4way 6x9s, pioneer 4 way 6.5s, 2 rockford p3 10's,rockford power 500.1 mono amp w/bass knob, 7 pin relocated, highlift and mount in bed, diff breather mod, led bed lights, secondary air filter removed,t-rex eyelids, mefab bumper bar, muddy under carriage
    yeah they are separate parts so you can put them on afterward. it will take you maybe a half hour to do both.

6. Aug 14, 2010 at 12:05 PM
    amrich

amrich [OP] Member

Member:
    Utah
    Vehicle:
    07 Tacoma Sport
    Nothing yet...
    okay thanks for the help!

7. Aug 14, 2010 at 3:28 PM
    bdwsrjoe

bdwsrjoe Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Joe
    Rio Hondo, TX
    Vehicle:
    08 Tacoma Double Cab TRD Offroad 4X4
    K&N Cold Air Intake, Magnaflow Catback Exhaust, 3" ToyTec Lift Kit, JVC InDash DVD Player with Backup Camera, 2 10" JL Audio Subs, 8K HID Headlights, 8K HID Foglights, N-Fab Nerf Steps, In-Channel Ventvisors, springfield xd40v10, mossberg 500 12ga.
    bumber brackets?? im running the same kit with a diff drop no problems so far. i need to look into the center carrier bearing drop, can i get a link?

8. Aug 14, 2010 at 9:59 PM
    amrich

amrich [OP] Member

Member:
    Utah
    Vehicle:
    07 Tacoma Sport
    Nothing yet...
  9. Aug 14, 2010 at 10:26 PM
    The_Hodge

The_Hodge Volunteer Moderator

Member:
    SC
    Vehicle:
    15 Lariat Sport 5.0L
    Seeing the third gen section forced me to get a Ford...
    you are prerunner or 4x4?

also never heard of a bumper bracket

10. Aug 14, 2010 at 10:58 PM
    nvdeserted

nvdeserted Well-Known Member

Member:
    Reno, NV
    Vehicle:
    2009 Tacoma TRD OR Access Cab
    Electric Dynolock tailgate, TrailGear Slides, , 285/75-16 Yoko Geolanders on Wheelers Type B, SAW 2.0 front and back, Camburg b/j UCA, 1.5" AAL, Ubolt flip, ARB bump.
    Bumper brackets? Whoever told you that thinks you want a 2" body lift (which uses spacers to lift the body from the frame); when you lift the body your rear bumper would be 2" too low, the bracket would fix that by raising the bumper up 2".

You want a 2" suspension lift via coil-spacers.

Products Discussed in

To Top