Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Suspension

Notices

Help?!?!?!

Old 08-13-2010, 02:09 PM   #1
camh is on a distinguished road
Name: Cam
camh's Tacoma Gallery
Help?!?!?!

I recently got my 05 tacoma and it has 60,000 with miles original tires.

I really would like to upgrade with much bigger tires..possibly 33's but am lost in the search!

I have also read that for bigger tires i would need a lift of some sort but could use advice on what size to get so i could run bigger tires.

Any help would be greatly appreciated!
Old 08-13-2010, 03:25 PM   #2
4RunnerSeth is one of the sharper tools in the shed4RunnerSeth is one of the sharper tools in the shed4RunnerSeth is one of the sharper tools in the shed4RunnerSeth is one of the sharper tools in the shed4RunnerSeth is one of the sharper tools in the shed4RunnerSeth is one of the sharper tools in the shed4RunnerSeth is one of the sharper tools in the shed4RunnerSeth is one of the sharper tools in the shed4RunnerSeth is one of the sharper tools in the shed4RunnerSeth is one of the sharper tools in the shed4RunnerSeth is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Navy:
4RunnerSeth's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to 4RunnerSeth Send a message via MSN to 4RunnerSeth Send a message via Yahoo to 4RunnerSeth
Quote:
Originally Posted by camh View Post
I recently got my 05 tacoma and it has 60,000 with miles original tires.

I really would like to upgrade with much bigger tires..possibly 33's but am lost in the search!

I have also read that for bigger tires i would need a lift of some sort but could use advice on what size to get so i could run bigger tires.

Any help would be greatly appreciated!
you will want to get 285/70/R17 most likely. There are lots of popular brands to choose from. You will want to go with atleast 2.5" of front lift to fit these tires. I would suggest the billy 5100's set at 2.5" for your most economical solution with a 1.5 or 2" AAL in the real. Or if you want to spend the money the OME setup with 885 springs and an AAL is always a good choice. check with www.toyteclifts.com or or wheelers for prices on these setups.
Old 08-13-2010, 03:53 PM   #3
camh is on a distinguished road
Name: Cam
camh's Tacoma Gallery
thnx I FOR SURE WANT TO RUN A 3IN LIFT WITH 285.. I just need to find a good lift...for the OME what would be the best choice for the rear setup?? if i order 885 in the front??
Old 08-13-2010, 03:56 PM   #4
4RunnerSeth is one of the sharper tools in the shed4RunnerSeth is one of the sharper tools in the shed4RunnerSeth is one of the sharper tools in the shed4RunnerSeth is one of the sharper tools in the shed4RunnerSeth is one of the sharper tools in the shed4RunnerSeth is one of the sharper tools in the shed4RunnerSeth is one of the sharper tools in the shed4RunnerSeth is one of the sharper tools in the shed4RunnerSeth is one of the sharper tools in the shed4RunnerSeth is one of the sharper tools in the shed4RunnerSeth is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Navy:
4RunnerSeth's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to 4RunnerSeth Send a message via MSN to 4RunnerSeth Send a message via Yahoo to 4RunnerSeth
Quote:
Originally Posted by camh View Post
thnx I FOR SURE WANT TO RUN A 3IN LIFT WITH 285.. I just need to find a good lift
cant go wrong with the billies with a 1/2" spacer to achieve 3" total or the OME kit. Just remember that 3" youre pushing the ball joint angles. I highly suggest the Total Chaos UCAs. The LR's are an attractive option as well, but my experience from installing a few of these, is that they tend to hit the coil at full droop. The LRs have a large grease boot on them. If you can swing it, I would go with the total chaos.