Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Suspension

Notices

Ride Quality with Eibach/Billys

Old 08-14-2010, 09:57 AM   #1
Mog is on a distinguished road
Name: Brandon
Mog's Tacoma Gallery
Ride Quality with Eibach/Billys

I have heard that the Eibachs with Billy's set at 0 = better than stock TRD ride (I have a 2005 DC 4x4). My question is if you set the Billy's at 0.85, how comparable is that set-up to the stock TRD ride. I really like the "feel" of my ride right now and don't want to compromise it much but was wondering if the extra lift is worth the decreased ride quality. Thanks
Old 08-16-2010, 12:01 AM   #2
Taco4x4NC is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaco4x4NC is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaco4x4NC is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaco4x4NC is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaco4x4NC is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaco4x4NC is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaco4x4NC is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaco4x4NC is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaco4x4NC is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaco4x4NC is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaco4x4NC is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Air Force: Helo nighttime recon extended perimeter security
Name: David
Taco4x4NC's Tacoma Gallery
Eibach coils/bilsteins set at zero

The ride quaility is great. I added this set up to my 2010 DC/LB and also added michelin MS2 tires. No issues with vibes and a much much improved ride quaility over stock.

Suggest you use the search mode and you will see lots of info on this subject.

Good luck!
Old 08-16-2010, 10:38 AM   #3
THIS IS AMERICA!!!
Cortland is one of the sharper tools in the shedCortland is one of the sharper tools in the shedCortland is one of the sharper tools in the shedCortland is one of the sharper tools in the shedCortland is one of the sharper tools in the shedCortland is one of the sharper tools in the shedCortland is one of the sharper tools in the shedCortland is one of the sharper tools in the shedCortland is one of the sharper tools in the shedCortland is one of the sharper tools in the shedCortland is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Cortland
Cortland's Tacoma Gallery
I have the 5100's set at zero with Eibachs and the ride is much better than stock. I plan to raise my 5100's to .85" in the near future for a little more lift.
Old 08-16-2010, 10:42 AM   #4
Enjoying my addiction
roxspin72 is one of the sharper tools in the shedroxspin72 is one of the sharper tools in the shedroxspin72 is one of the sharper tools in the shedroxspin72 is one of the sharper tools in the shedroxspin72 is one of the sharper tools in the shedroxspin72 is one of the sharper tools in the shedroxspin72 is one of the sharper tools in the shedroxspin72 is one of the sharper tools in the shedroxspin72 is one of the sharper tools in the shedroxspin72 is one of the sharper tools in the shedroxspin72 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

roxspin72's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via Yahoo to roxspin72
I've heard nothing but good reviews on this set up:

Im about to install my eibachs this week. I will be leaving my billies at 0.00 setting. I figured the 1.6" lift capability that the eibachs provide is good enough. Plus I wanted to prevent any extra preload on the shocks, in order to preserve as much ride quality as possible. Im hoping 1.6" up front with only TSB 4 leaf pack in the rear, will provide somewhat of a leveled look. I will post pics when complete.

Laters...
Old 08-16-2010, 10:56 AM   #5
Kernel is on a distinguished road
Kernel's Tacoma Gallery
I'm curious on this topic as well. Searching gives info, but there are varied results. The 1.6 lift seems to only apply to non 4x4s. A few are reporting they only got around 1 inch of lift if they are a 4x4. Those of you that are 4x4's with billies what are you actually seeing height wise?

With 5100s @ 1.75 with stock coils I get 1.6 inches of lift on my TRD OR. I'd like to be in that 2-2.5 range. Looking at the eibachs and the .85 setting but I may only end up back to where I'm currently at, if the 1" of lift is true.
Old 08-16-2010, 11:30 AM   #6
Taco Newb
Imaking will become famous soon enough

Name: Isaac
Imaking's Tacoma Gallery
I'm thinking about the OME coils (supposed to be 2" ..?) with the 5100s set at zero. I have nothing in the rear and plan to AAL so I'm trying to figure what will end up even with that. From information I've gathered on here - that might not be quite high enough in the front
Old 08-16-2010, 12:12 PM   #7
Taco's for All has much to be proud ofTaco's for All has much to be proud ofTaco's for All has much to be proud ofTaco's for All has much to be proud ofTaco's for All has much to be proud ofTaco's for All has much to be proud ofTaco's for All has much to be proud ofTaco's for All has much to be proud of

Law Enforcement:
Taco's for All's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kernel View Post
I'm curious on this topic as well. Searching gives info, but there are varied results. The 1.6 lift seems to only apply to non 4x4s. A few are reporting they only got around 1 inch of lift if they are a 4x4. Those of you that are 4x4's with billies what are you actually seeing height wise?

With 5100s @ 1.75 with stock coils I get 1.6 inches of lift on my TRD OR. I'd like to be in that 2-2.5 range. Looking at the eibachs and the .85 setting but I may only end up back to where I'm currently at, if the 1" of lift is true.
In my 2009 4x4 I've got my 5100's set at .85 with my Eibach springs. I thought I was going to get 2.45 inches of lift (1.6+.85), but I really only got 2 inches. Either way, I still think it looks good and looks pretty good sitting next to the stock Tacoma's at the dealership.
Old 08-16-2010, 12:44 PM   #8
Kernel is on a distinguished road
Kernel's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Taco's for All View Post
In my 2009 4x4 I've got my 5100's set at .85 with my Eibach springs. I thought I was going to get 2.45 inches of lift (1.6+.85), but I really only got 2 inches. Either way, I still think it looks good and looks pretty good sitting next to the stock Tacoma's at the dealership.
That's kinda what I expected. I'm considering doing this mainly to get less preload on the spring, and therefore a better ride. The extra .4 inches is nice too.
Old 08-16-2010, 02:08 PM   #9
Carlo has much to be proud ofCarlo has much to be proud ofCarlo has much to be proud ofCarlo has much to be proud ofCarlo has much to be proud ofCarlo has much to be proud ofCarlo has much to be proud ofCarlo has much to be proud ofCarlo has much to be proud of
Army:
Carlo's Tacoma Gallery
I have a 2010 SR5 V6 4x4 access cab and the ebachs with the 5100's set a 0. Ride is much firmer coming from standard SR5 suspension but, it's not harsh in anyway. Firmer for sure and on some really bad streets you do feel it more. I got more lift than some others here did. After my set was on it was about 1.80 inches. It has settled just a bit, but I would say that they are about 1.75. I am basically happy with my set and need to deal with the rear end. It's a good setup. I would maybe go with OME as the ride may be a little softer if I was to do it again. But, that is because I spend most of my time on the pavement. When I am off road, the new setup works really well.
Old 08-16-2010, 07:33 PM   #10
Mog is on a distinguished road
Name: Brandon
Mog's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Imaking View Post
I'm thinking about the OME coils (supposed to be 2" ..?) with the 5100s set at zero. I have nothing in the rear and plan to AAL so I'm trying to figure what will end up even with that. From information I've gathered on here - that might not be quite high enough in the front
I'm curious about this as well. I haven't seen as many people going this route, is there a reason? Is it the $20 difference (Eibach 149, OME 169)or are there compatibility issues with 5100s?
Old 08-16-2010, 07:35 PM   #11
One of the original 7928
NumNutz is one of the sharper tools in the shedNumNutz is one of the sharper tools in the shedNumNutz is one of the sharper tools in the shedNumNutz is one of the sharper tools in the shedNumNutz is one of the sharper tools in the shedNumNutz is one of the sharper tools in the shedNumNutz is one of the sharper tools in the shedNumNutz is one of the sharper tools in the shedNumNutz is one of the sharper tools in the shedNumNutz is one of the sharper tools in the shedNumNutz is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Navy: Student Pilot
Name: Nick
NumNutz's Tacoma Gallery
Buy mine!

http://www.tacomaworld.com/forum/buy...oytec-aal.html
Old 08-16-2010, 07:36 PM   #12
Taco Newb

Imaking's Tacoma Gallery
I actually found a couple posts on another related topic in "suspension" from Chris4x4 (who seems to be respected for his knowledge on such things) and his comments made me think I'm on a good path looking at the OME coils. Were it not for just snagging a good deal on 5100s from a forum member - I was planning on just going full OME
Old 08-16-2010, 08:04 PM   #13
Taco Newb

Imaking's Tacoma Gallery
Numnutz, you wouldn't have that AAL any more if I had the TSB. LOL