Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Suspension

Notices

4 inch lift. Front ideas?

Old 08-14-2010, 10:52 PM   #1
Very nice how much?
Forster46 is one of the sharper tools in the shedForster46 is one of the sharper tools in the shedForster46 is one of the sharper tools in the shedForster46 is one of the sharper tools in the shedForster46 is one of the sharper tools in the shedForster46 is one of the sharper tools in the shedForster46 is one of the sharper tools in the shedForster46 is one of the sharper tools in the shedForster46 is one of the sharper tools in the shedForster46 is one of the sharper tools in the shedForster46 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Firefighter: Firefighter/EMT
Name: Nick
Forster46's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via MSN to Forster46
4 inch lift. Front ideas?

Alright guys so im new to all this stuff and i wanna lift my truck about 4 inchs. 3 inchs doesnt look like enough for me, and six is too expensive, but I found this: http://www.ultimateautoaccessories.c...PROD/LFB/97076 it is a 4 inch rear block kit by tuff country. And i was thinking of getting this, and upgrading it later. But what would be a good idea of what to get for the front? I want it to ride as level as possible while still looking tall. Any input is welcomed. Thanks!
Old 08-14-2010, 11:27 PM   #2
saltwater taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedsaltwater taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedsaltwater taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedsaltwater taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedsaltwater taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedsaltwater taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedsaltwater taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedsaltwater taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedsaltwater taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedsaltwater taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedsaltwater taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Brandon
saltwater taco's Tacoma Gallery
You're lifting an xrunner?? Most people would say stay away from blocks and spacers but that is the cheapest way. And 4in is gonna cost a good bit. I think for 4in in the back you probably need a new leaf pack. As for up front I'd say spindles. Just search this forum. There's lots of good info.
Old 08-14-2010, 11:29 PM   #3
Custom Tacoma bumpers & more for your offroad toy
RelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Eric
RelentlessTaco's Tacoma Gallery
Wait... you cant be trying to lift an Xrunner... are you!?!?!?
Old 08-14-2010, 11:33 PM   #5
Piss off
jhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Air Force: former TSgt/E6, 3D172, Cyber Transport, NC Air Guard and prior AD
Name: Jamie
jhodge83's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by johnw View Post
you cant lift x-runner different suspension setups right guys
the x does have spring UNDER axle in the rear and those blocks alone would only be able to lower it.
Old 08-14-2010, 11:40 PM   #6
saltwater taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedsaltwater taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedsaltwater taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedsaltwater taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedsaltwater taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedsaltwater taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedsaltwater taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedsaltwater taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedsaltwater taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedsaltwater taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedsaltwater taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Brandon
saltwater taco's Tacoma Gallery
nevermind...my bad
Old 08-14-2010, 11:41 PM   #7
Dezert Toy Fabrication
DTFtacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedDTFtacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedDTFtacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedDTFtacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedDTFtacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedDTFtacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedDTFtacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedDTFtacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedDTFtacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedDTFtacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedDTFtacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Anthony
DTFtacoma's Tacoma Gallery
x runners have 5 lug suspensions get 5 lug lift spindles and lift springs
Old 08-14-2010, 11:58 PM   #8
Mod'n on a Budget
1BlkT is one of the sharper tools in the shed1BlkT is one of the sharper tools in the shed1BlkT is one of the sharper tools in the shed1BlkT is one of the sharper tools in the shed1BlkT is one of the sharper tools in the shed1BlkT is one of the sharper tools in the shed1BlkT is one of the sharper tools in the shed1BlkT is one of the sharper tools in the shed1BlkT is one of the sharper tools in the shed1BlkT is one of the sharper tools in the shed1BlkT is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Ty
1BlkT's Tacoma Gallery
I think I read somewhere on one of the other sites about someone wanting to do this because of more ground clearance from everything being tucked up tighter.
Old 08-15-2010, 01:39 AM   #9
SoCalBlack08 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSoCalBlack08 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSoCalBlack08 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSoCalBlack08 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSoCalBlack08 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSoCalBlack08 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSoCalBlack08 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSoCalBlack08 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSoCalBlack08 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSoCalBlack08 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSoCalBlack08 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

SoCalBlack08's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1BlkT View Post
I think I read somewhere on one of the other sites about someone wanting to do this because of more ground clearance from everything being tucked up tighter.
^^^the spindles man right here!!!

so what does ur truck look like now 1blkt?
Old 08-15-2010, 11:06 AM   #10
Very nice how much?
Forster46 is one of the sharper tools in the shedForster46 is one of the sharper tools in the shedForster46 is one of the sharper tools in the shedForster46 is one of the sharper tools in the shedForster46 is one of the sharper tools in the shedForster46 is one of the sharper tools in the shedForster46 is one of the sharper tools in the shedForster46 is one of the sharper tools in the shedForster46 is one of the sharper tools in the shedForster46 is one of the sharper tools in the shedForster46 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

okay alsooooo, i dont have an x runner. I clicked that on accident. Haha its a base 4cyl 4x4
Old 08-15-2010, 11:09 AM   #11
ktmrider is one of the sharper tools in the shedktmrider is one of the sharper tools in the shedktmrider is one of the sharper tools in the shedktmrider is one of the sharper tools in the shedktmrider is one of the sharper tools in the shedktmrider is one of the sharper tools in the shedktmrider is one of the sharper tools in the shedktmrider is one of the sharper tools in the shedktmrider is one of the sharper tools in the shedktmrider is one of the sharper tools in the shedktmrider is one of the sharper tools in the shed

ktmrider's Tacoma Gallery
oh then if your a 4x4 and want a 4 inch the only option besides longtravel is a drop bracket
Old 08-15-2010, 11:10 AM   #12
Very nice how much?

haha right before i posted this i spent like two hours looking at relentless taco's build. Its a very awesome setup btw, i love the bumpers
Old 08-15-2010, 11:12 AM   #13
Very nice how much?

not to sound like a totaly yuppy but i honestly have no idea what the difference between those are
Old 08-15-2010, 11:15 AM   #14
ktmrider is one of the sharper tools in the shedktmrider is one of the sharper tools in the shedktmrider is one of the sharper tools in the shedktmrider is one of the sharper tools in the shedktmrider is one of the sharper tools in the shedktmrider is one of the sharper tools in the shedktmrider is one of the sharper tools in the shedktmrider is one of the sharper tools in the shedktmrider is one of the sharper tools in the shedktmrider is one of the sharper tools in the shedktmrider is one of the sharper tools in the shed

longtravel is wayyy expensive and for highspeed desert running. http://www.chaosfab.com/86000.html

A drop bracket is less expensive but still pricy
http://www.tacomaworld.com/forum/2nd...-new-post.html

To get over 3 inches of lift on a 4x4 requires one of these
Old 08-15-2010, 11:21 AM   #15
Very nice how much?

so what do you think would be a good setup for about a 4 inch lift? I don't need a whole 6 inches.
Old 08-15-2010, 11:43 AM   #16

RCD 4-5 inch possibly or go to 6 inch
Old 08-15-2010, 02:03 PM   #17
4RunnerSeth is one of the sharper tools in the shed4RunnerSeth is one of the sharper tools in the shed4RunnerSeth is one of the sharper tools in the shed4RunnerSeth is one of the sharper tools in the shed4RunnerSeth is one of the sharper tools in the shed4RunnerSeth is one of the sharper tools in the shed4RunnerSeth is one of the sharper tools in the shed4RunnerSeth is one of the sharper tools in the shed4RunnerSeth is one of the sharper tools in the shed4RunnerSeth is one of the sharper tools in the shed4RunnerSeth is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Navy:
4RunnerSeth's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to 4RunnerSeth Send a message via MSN to 4RunnerSeth Send a message via Yahoo to 4RunnerSeth
Quote:
Originally Posted by Forster46 View Post
so what do you think would be a good setup for about a 4 inch lift? I don't need a whole 6 inches.
With a 4x4 youre going to have to do a drop bracket for anything over 3". expect to be between $1500-$2000 for a drop bracket lift. So, unless you are dead set on going higher than 3" or are on a budget then 3" is your limit.
Old 08-15-2010, 02:27 PM   #18
Custom Tacoma bumpers & more for your offroad toy
RelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Eric
RelentlessTaco's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Forster46 View Post
haha right before i posted this i spent like two hours looking at relentless taco's build. Its a very awesome setup btw, i love the bumpers
haha nice! Thanks!

So to get over 3" of lift on a 4x4, you'd probably want to get a RCD 4-5" drop bracket lift. Expensive, but pretty nice kit
Old 08-16-2010, 12:01 AM   #19
Official TW Igloo Builder
cantac09 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcantac09 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcantac09 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcantac09 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcantac09 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcantac09 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcantac09 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcantac09 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcantac09 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcantac09 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcantac09 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Hugh Jass
cantac09's Tacoma Gallery
ya i have the rcd lift and it rides great and in my opinion looks awesome too.
Old 08-16-2010, 12:08 AM   #20
HOME!!!
solus is one of the sharper tools in the shedsolus is one of the sharper tools in the shedsolus is one of the sharper tools in the shedsolus is one of the sharper tools in the shedsolus is one of the sharper tools in the shedsolus is one of the sharper tools in the shedsolus is one of the sharper tools in the shedsolus is one of the sharper tools in the shedsolus is one of the sharper tools in the shedsolus is one of the sharper tools in the shedsolus is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Navy: LT, USN
Name: Mark
solus's Tacoma Gallery
^me too... I bitch to install due to funky quality issues... but solvable.