Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Suspension

Notices

Rear won't level after AAL and 5100's

Old 08-15-2010, 10:28 AM   #1
Taco's for All has much to be proud ofTaco's for All has much to be proud ofTaco's for All has much to be proud ofTaco's for All has much to be proud ofTaco's for All has much to be proud ofTaco's for All has much to be proud ofTaco's for All has much to be proud ofTaco's for All has much to be proud of

Law Enforcement:
Taco's for All's Tacoma Gallery
Rear won't level after AAL and 5100's

I got lazy and had my local shop put my AAL's in as well as my rear 5100's. Since then, I've begin to notice that the passenger side and drivers side will not level out with each other. Currently, I have a full tank of gas, and the driver's side is sitting just about 1.5 inches higher than the passenger side. It appears that they put the AAL's in properly as the long end is to the rear. I also had the rear TSB done about a year ago.

Anyone have any insight on this?
Old 08-15-2010, 10:45 AM   #2
ktmrider is one of the sharper tools in the shedktmrider is one of the sharper tools in the shedktmrider is one of the sharper tools in the shedktmrider is one of the sharper tools in the shedktmrider is one of the sharper tools in the shedktmrider is one of the sharper tools in the shedktmrider is one of the sharper tools in the shedktmrider is one of the sharper tools in the shedktmrider is one of the sharper tools in the shedktmrider is one of the sharper tools in the shedktmrider is one of the sharper tools in the shed

ktmrider's Tacoma Gallery
the drivers side is taller then the passenger side? In the front or rear?
Old 08-15-2010, 10:51 AM   #4
With sufficient thrust, pigs fly just fine.
chris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: FlimFlubberJAM
chris4x4's Tacoma Gallery
1.5" diff from left to right?? Something isnt right. Can you take a pic of the front 5100's, near the lower spring seat?
Old 08-15-2010, 11:16 AM   #5
Taco's for All has much to be proud ofTaco's for All has much to be proud ofTaco's for All has much to be proud ofTaco's for All has much to be proud ofTaco's for All has much to be proud ofTaco's for All has much to be proud ofTaco's for All has much to be proud ofTaco's for All has much to be proud of

Law Enforcement:
My mistake. The REAR is what I can't get to level out. I double checked my measurements, and it's just more than an inch off. The front is fine.
Old 08-15-2010, 04:50 PM   #6
nvdeserted is one of the sharper tools in the shednvdeserted is one of the sharper tools in the shednvdeserted is one of the sharper tools in the shednvdeserted is one of the sharper tools in the shednvdeserted is one of the sharper tools in the shednvdeserted is one of the sharper tools in the shednvdeserted is one of the sharper tools in the shednvdeserted is one of the sharper tools in the shednvdeserted is one of the sharper tools in the shednvdeserted is one of the sharper tools in the shednvdeserted is one of the sharper tools in the shed

nvdeserted's Tacoma Gallery
If the drivers side is 1.5" higher WITH a full tank of gas then something is way off; the "Taco-lean" is when the drivers front is lower than the rest of the truck.

Is there any chance that you accidentally put a ".5" leveling spacer" on the passenger side front instead of driver's front?

Might sound silly but are you parked on completely level ground?
Old 08-15-2010, 09:40 PM   #7

Law Enforcement:
The front is only off by .25" and will be fixed with the spacer that I have.

My problem is with the rear end. Do the rear 5100's have to be put on specific sides? I am 99% positive that both shocks were the same length.
Old 08-15-2010, 11:11 PM   #8
nvdeserted is one of the sharper tools in the shednvdeserted is one of the sharper tools in the shednvdeserted is one of the sharper tools in the shednvdeserted is one of the sharper tools in the shednvdeserted is one of the sharper tools in the shednvdeserted is one of the sharper tools in the shednvdeserted is one of the sharper tools in the shednvdeserted is one of the sharper tools in the shednvdeserted is one of the sharper tools in the shednvdeserted is one of the sharper tools in the shednvdeserted is one of the sharper tools in the shed

nvdeserted's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Taco's for All View Post
The front is only off by .25" and will be fixed with the spacer that I have.

My problem is with the rear end. Do the rear 5100's have to be put on specific sides? I am 99% positive that both shocks were the same length.
The rear shocks shouldn't be side specific. Unless one of the shocks is like 5" too long it wouldn't change how the truck sits; shocks bear no weight, they just dampen the bounciness of the leafsprings, which determine 100% of the rear height. Your truck wouldn't raise or drop 1mm if you took the shocks off completely.

Maybe one of the shackles is binded and not letting the leafspring sit properly.

Maybe you were accidentally sent 2 different AALs, 1 at 1" and 1 at 2" lift or something.

Are both of your front tires and both rear tires at the same PSI?

Are there the same number of leafs in each pack?

Are both packs mounted clean on the axle leaf-perch?

Maybe go find a good rut or rock and flex the rear out completely on both sides a few times, it might settle.