Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Suspension

Notices

Rear Leaf question

Old 08-16-2010, 10:14 AM   #1
crazyjeys is on a distinguished road

crazyjeys's Tacoma Gallery
Rear Leaf question

i know there are a lot of threads regarding worn leaf springs, but i have another question on it... what do you guys feel when you have worn springs? i know that on the topics on how it looks but how does it feel to drive when you have worn out leaves? is it the same as riding on blown out shocks?
Old 08-16-2010, 10:42 AM   #2
scottri is one of the sharper tools in the shedscottri is one of the sharper tools in the shedscottri is one of the sharper tools in the shedscottri is one of the sharper tools in the shedscottri is one of the sharper tools in the shedscottri is one of the sharper tools in the shedscottri is one of the sharper tools in the shedscottri is one of the sharper tools in the shedscottri is one of the sharper tools in the shedscottri is one of the sharper tools in the shedscottri is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Scott
scottri's Tacoma Gallery
It will bottom out going over train tracks and speed bumps, it will be worse with a load in the back. The springs will sag, they will have no arch to them. Post pics and people can help out more. What year of truck do you have?
Old 08-16-2010, 11:08 AM   #3
crazyjeys is on a distinguished road

crazyjeys's Tacoma Gallery
thanks for the reply scottri. i believe mine is a bit straight already. well, not smiling for sure. i was just curious coz i've been having some vibration coming from the rear and was thinking if a worn out leaf can cause that too. the vibration worsen when you put load at the back. i have an 02 double cab.