Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Suspension

Notices

question about installing 1/2" strut spacer to correct lean

Old 08-16-2010, 12:50 PM   #1
TacomaGus is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomaGus is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomaGus is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomaGus is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomaGus is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomaGus is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomaGus is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomaGus is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomaGus is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomaGus is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomaGus is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Gus
TacomaGus's Tacoma Gallery
question about installing 1/2" strut spacer to correct lean

the shop said the only way that they could get the spacer on required them to have to actually cut my front left shock since the bolts were too seized up or tight? Does anyone know if there is a way around this or has this happened to anyone else?
Old 08-16-2010, 12:54 PM   #2
:POOPCORN:
98tacoma27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed98tacoma27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed98tacoma27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed98tacoma27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed98tacoma27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed98tacoma27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed98tacoma27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed98tacoma27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed98tacoma27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed98tacoma27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed98tacoma27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Marines:
Name: Ben
98tacoma27's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by TacomaGus View Post
the shop said the only way that they could get the spacer on required them to have to actually cut my front left shock since the bolts were too seized up or tight? Does anyone know if there is a way around this or has this happened to anyone else?
What bolts? The top plate bolts?
Old 08-16-2010, 01:14 PM   #3
Master of War
shitroc has much to be proud ofshitroc has much to be proud ofshitroc has much to be proud ofshitroc has much to be proud ofshitroc has much to be proud ofshitroc has much to be proud ofshitroc has much to be proud ofshitroc has much to be proud of

Name: Ant
shitroc's Tacoma Gallery
dont let them cut anything, that will just cause u more headache. hit the bolts(top plate bolts) with some penetrating fluid everyday for a few days,that should make it much easier to get them off without breaking or stripping anything
Old 08-16-2010, 01:56 PM   #4
TacomaGus is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomaGus is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomaGus is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomaGus is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomaGus is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomaGus is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomaGus is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomaGus is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomaGus is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomaGus is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomaGus is one of the sharper tools in the shed

i assume they meant the top plate bolts and i didn't let them do that since that would be a bigger problem, but i had my alignment scheduled for 2moro morning so i may just hold off on this till later idk when. Just wondering if anybody had this problem before
Old 08-16-2010, 06:44 PM   #5
Master of War
shitroc has much to be proud ofshitroc has much to be proud ofshitroc has much to be proud ofshitroc has much to be proud ofshitroc has much to be proud ofshitroc has much to be proud ofshitroc has much to be proud ofshitroc has much to be proud of

Name: Ant
shitroc's Tacoma Gallery
is there alot of rust on your truck? there didnt seem to be from what pictures ive seen. you might have to hit them with some heat but ya risk melting shit that way there. id try the penetrating fluid first.
Old 08-16-2010, 07:43 PM   #6

i have a new frame now but there is a decent amount on those screws, i was getting my alignment done 2moro at Pep Boys and i will give them the situation, see what they say and can do, and if they say the same then o well