Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Suspension

Notices

WOW...Toytec shipping cost. Anyone else?

Old 08-16-2010, 02:42 PM   #1
Fabulous is one of the sharper tools in the shedFabulous is one of the sharper tools in the shedFabulous is one of the sharper tools in the shedFabulous is one of the sharper tools in the shedFabulous is one of the sharper tools in the shedFabulous is one of the sharper tools in the shedFabulous is one of the sharper tools in the shedFabulous is one of the sharper tools in the shedFabulous is one of the sharper tools in the shedFabulous is one of the sharper tools in the shedFabulous is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Fabian
Fabulous's Tacoma Gallery
WOW...Toytec shipping cost. Anyone else?

So I want to order a 2" AAL and Eibach 1.6 springs for my truck, and to ship them to Canada it's gonna cost me $150 through UPS!! That is almost as much as the AAL/ Springs. Does anyone else know somewhere else to get these items where the shipping won't cost so much? Not bashing Toytec, but $150 seems really steep. When I ordered my 5100'S from DSMS it cost me $55 which seems easier to take.
Old 08-16-2010, 02:45 PM   #2
tbturner47 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtbturner47 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtbturner47 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtbturner47 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtbturner47 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtbturner47 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtbturner47 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtbturner47 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtbturner47 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtbturner47 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtbturner47 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Travis
tbturner47's Tacoma Gallery
5100's are a lot smaller/lighter than an AAL?? And your shipping to Canada. Check another site for shipping prices on AAL's and springs and see how much they are.
Old 08-16-2010, 03:15 PM   #3
Fabulous is one of the sharper tools in the shedFabulous is one of the sharper tools in the shedFabulous is one of the sharper tools in the shedFabulous is one of the sharper tools in the shedFabulous is one of the sharper tools in the shedFabulous is one of the sharper tools in the shedFabulous is one of the sharper tools in the shedFabulous is one of the sharper tools in the shedFabulous is one of the sharper tools in the shedFabulous is one of the sharper tools in the shedFabulous is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Hmmm...I can get the springs locally for the same price ($147) and it will be a two week wait, which is okay...but nobody locally can get me 2" AAL's with the friction pads. Dammit!
Old 08-16-2010, 03:40 PM   #5

I want an AAL as I need my truck for towing, and loads.
Old 08-16-2010, 03:43 PM   #6
:POOPCORN:
98tacoma27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed98tacoma27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed98tacoma27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed98tacoma27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed98tacoma27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed98tacoma27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed98tacoma27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed98tacoma27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed98tacoma27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed98tacoma27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed98tacoma27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Marines:
Name: Ben
98tacoma27's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2k6750 View Post
Honestly I would scrap the AAL idea and go with a block. My AAL sags so much I don't even think it's there anymore.
And you think a block won't make them sag?

What AAL do you have?
Old 08-16-2010, 06:43 PM   #7
I've done... questionable things.
OZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Peter North
OZ-T's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fabulous View Post
I want an AAL as I need my truck for towing, and loads.

Check into a set of OME Dakars if you are hauling . You can get them in Canada from Cap-it or any ARB dealer .

http://www.arbusa.com/Find-a-Dealer/116.aspx
Old 08-16-2010, 06:57 PM   #8
White Tacoma 4X4
whitetacoma1 has much to be proud ofwhitetacoma1 has much to be proud ofwhitetacoma1 has much to be proud ofwhitetacoma1 has much to be proud ofwhitetacoma1 has much to be proud ofwhitetacoma1 has much to be proud ofwhitetacoma1 has much to be proud ofwhitetacoma1 has much to be proud ofwhitetacoma1 has much to be proud of

Name: Dan
whitetacoma1's Tacoma Gallery
I drove down from Edmonton and picked up my OME springs and AALs from toytec. Going to put them in my truck here maybe tonight or tomorrow. 3000 miles round trip. Really enjoyed Denver will go back.
Old 08-16-2010, 07:03 PM   #9
oneshot808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedoneshot808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedoneshot808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedoneshot808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedoneshot808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedoneshot808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedoneshot808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedoneshot808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedoneshot808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedoneshot808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedoneshot808 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

oneshot808's Tacoma Gallery
try living in hawaii. it's always that much lol
Old 08-16-2010, 07:05 PM   #10
Whiskey bent and hell bound.
Hoyal is one of the sharper tools in the shedHoyal is one of the sharper tools in the shedHoyal is one of the sharper tools in the shedHoyal is one of the sharper tools in the shedHoyal is one of the sharper tools in the shedHoyal is one of the sharper tools in the shedHoyal is one of the sharper tools in the shedHoyal is one of the sharper tools in the shedHoyal is one of the sharper tools in the shedHoyal is one of the sharper tools in the shedHoyal is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Firefighter: I'm TWITTER FAMOUS.
Name: Devin
Hoyal's Tacoma Gallery
I live 3 miles from them so I would not know about there shipping prices
Old 08-16-2010, 07:46 PM   #11
phand00 is on a distinguished road

Name: Danny
phand00's Tacoma Gallery
It more expensive as everything is included: taxes, duty,... no more additional and surprising fees when you received it. That's usually the case with UPS in the past.
Old 08-16-2010, 07:49 PM   #12
I've done... questionable things.
OZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Peter North
OZ-T's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by phand00 View Post
It more expensive as everything is included: taxes, duty,... no more additional and surprising fees when you received it. That's usually the case with UPS in the past.
Not too sure about that , I ordered some audio/video cables from the states , shipped through UPS , the cables were $25 and I had to pay an additional $20 for brokerage fees when they arrived .
Old 08-16-2010, 07:54 PM   #13
mattleegee is one of the sharper tools in the shedmattleegee is one of the sharper tools in the shedmattleegee is one of the sharper tools in the shedmattleegee is one of the sharper tools in the shedmattleegee is one of the sharper tools in the shedmattleegee is one of the sharper tools in the shedmattleegee is one of the sharper tools in the shedmattleegee is one of the sharper tools in the shedmattleegee is one of the sharper tools in the shedmattleegee is one of the sharper tools in the shedmattleegee is one of the sharper tools in the shed
mattleegee's Tacoma Gallery
pay it canadians! you have a queen

really its expensive to ship there unless its under 10pounds
how much does a set of springs and AAL's weight? 50 pounds?
Old 08-16-2010, 08:16 PM   #14
White Tacoma 4X4
whitetacoma1 has much to be proud ofwhitetacoma1 has much to be proud ofwhitetacoma1 has much to be proud ofwhitetacoma1 has much to be proud ofwhitetacoma1 has much to be proud ofwhitetacoma1 has much to be proud ofwhitetacoma1 has much to be proud ofwhitetacoma1 has much to be proud ofwhitetacoma1 has much to be proud of

HAHA yeah A queen. toytec said there is a dealer in Vancouver area that seels the springs and AAl.
Old 08-16-2010, 08:21 PM   #15

Oh yeah, in Vancouver you say...anyone know the name/ contact info? I ordered a full exhaust for a dirt bike I used to own once, and it it shipped through UPS...when it got here it cost me another $139 on top of the amount I paid for the item/ shipping. I was super choked!!
Old 08-16-2010, 08:54 PM   #16
White Tacoma 4X4

just give toytec a call they will have all the info for you I asked when I was there and he said there was a dealer there. Here in Edmonton all I could get was a spacer lift and some guys that knew more about fords then Toyotas. I had a spacer lift on my 97 tacoma to much preload on the front coil.
Old 08-17-2010, 09:08 AM   #18
phand00 is on a distinguished road

Name: Danny
phand00's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by OZ-T View Post
Not too sure about that , I ordered some audio/video cables from the states , shipped through UPS , the cables were $25 and I had to pay an additional $20 for brokerage fees when they arrived .
Yeah normally but last time I bought from Toytec I asked why it's more expensive in comparison to previous purchase I made and they told me everything is included and on arrival that's the case no more fees.
Old 08-17-2010, 09:35 AM   #19

Yeah, I've phoned everywhere, and it seems that even if I buy locally in the end I will still be paying the same amount, so I might just have to suck it up. I can get the springs, but the wait will be 2-3 weeks, and the shipping is $65, and I can't get a 2" AAL with friction pads anywhere.
Old 08-17-2010, 01:29 PM   #20

Maybe I'd be better off just setting the 5100's at 1.75, and just ordering the AAL?! Anyone know if the 5100's at this setting are stiffer then the eibachs at the 0.85 setting??