1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

AAL questions

Discussion in 'Suspension' started by Carlo, Aug 16, 2010.

1. Aug 16, 2010 at 5:28 PM
    Carlo

Carlo [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    CA
    Vehicle:
    2010 Taco Magnetic Grey
    5100's all around, front at 0 with Ebiach springs up front; Wheelers 3 leaf AAL rear, Spidertrax
    I need to lift the rear of my 2010 V6 Access Cab 4x4 only about 1inch. In the past (way way back) AAL's were so stiff that it made my teeth want to fall out going over a speed bump. I think they are better now, but, have no experience. I have Eibach 1.6inch up front but, it's more like 1.75 up front in actual measurement of lift over stock SR5 springs. Most of my time is on the hardtop so ride comfort is important to me. What do you all recommend? And, all I can find is 1.5 AAL's at wheelers or toytech. I am aftaid that it's going to come out like 2 inches over where it's at now and look funny with my 265/75/16's. Comments please? Mike

2. Aug 16, 2010 at 5:49 PM
    YotaDan

YotaDan Dan

Member:
    First Name:
    Dan
    Oregon
    If it is just a street driven vehicle, and you only want 1" of lift, then maybe you should get a block.

3. Aug 17, 2010 at 6:22 AM
    Carlo

Carlo [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    CA
    Vehicle:
    2010 Taco Magnetic Grey
    5100's all around, front at 0 with Ebiach springs up front; Wheelers 3 leaf AAL rear, Spidertrax
    Dan, that was my first thought too; but, everyone here says not to use blocks due to axal warp and some other issues. Do you feel it's safe for my application? I dont want to deal with vibes or other problems.

4. Aug 17, 2010 at 6:52 AM
    NraFan

NraFan Join the NRA! Protect your freedom!

Member:
    First Name:
    JT
    SoCal
    Vehicle:
    2011 Sienna LE, rockin the mini van!
    Power sliding doors baby! WooHoo!
    In general, most people say you should be good with a one inch block. You get into problems with axle wrap when you try to go with too large of a block. But I am just one opinion, others will chime in soon.

Products Discussed in

To Top