Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Suspension

Notices

what rear shock

Old 08-17-2010, 12:19 PM   #1
shredtacoma is a name known to allshredtacoma is a name known to allshredtacoma is a name known to allshredtacoma is a name known to allshredtacoma is a name known to allshredtacoma is a name known to all
Name: Jace
shredtacoma's Tacoma Gallery
what rear shock

im torn between these 3

SAW 2.25 remote resi.

SAW 2.25 Piggyback

ICON remote resi

Old 08-17-2010, 12:40 PM   #2
Roll Tide
HondaGM is one of the sharper tools in the shedHondaGM is one of the sharper tools in the shedHondaGM is one of the sharper tools in the shedHondaGM is one of the sharper tools in the shedHondaGM is one of the sharper tools in the shedHondaGM is one of the sharper tools in the shedHondaGM is one of the sharper tools in the shedHondaGM is one of the sharper tools in the shedHondaGM is one of the sharper tools in the shedHondaGM is one of the sharper tools in the shedHondaGM is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: James
HondaGM's Tacoma Gallery
icon
Old 08-17-2010, 12:41 PM   #3
GETTN IT
th3bigk0 is one of the sharper tools in the shedth3bigk0 is one of the sharper tools in the shedth3bigk0 is one of the sharper tools in the shedth3bigk0 is one of the sharper tools in the shedth3bigk0 is one of the sharper tools in the shedth3bigk0 is one of the sharper tools in the shedth3bigk0 is one of the sharper tools in the shedth3bigk0 is one of the sharper tools in the shedth3bigk0 is one of the sharper tools in the shedth3bigk0 is one of the sharper tools in the shedth3bigk0 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Dylan
th3bigk0's Tacoma Gallery
Screw icon
Old 08-17-2010, 12:48 PM   #4
Cuz Stock Sucks
amaes is one of the sharper tools in the shedamaes is one of the sharper tools in the shedamaes is one of the sharper tools in the shedamaes is one of the sharper tools in the shedamaes is one of the sharper tools in the shedamaes is one of the sharper tools in the shedamaes is one of the sharper tools in the shedamaes is one of the sharper tools in the shedamaes is one of the sharper tools in the shedamaes is one of the sharper tools in the shedamaes is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Alex
amaes's Tacoma Gallery
For you guys that don't know the Icon rears are just rebranded Edelbrock shocks and they BLOW!! the SAW are better man go with the RR though. THose piggy backs won't fit I'm pretty sure.
Old 08-17-2010, 12:50 PM   #6
GETTN IT
th3bigk0 is one of the sharper tools in the shedth3bigk0 is one of the sharper tools in the shedth3bigk0 is one of the sharper tools in the shedth3bigk0 is one of the sharper tools in the shedth3bigk0 is one of the sharper tools in the shedth3bigk0 is one of the sharper tools in the shedth3bigk0 is one of the sharper tools in the shedth3bigk0 is one of the sharper tools in the shedth3bigk0 is one of the sharper tools in the shedth3bigk0 is one of the sharper tools in the shedth3bigk0 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Suck it,u shouldn't even be commenting on anything involving offroading lol

Get the SAWs,icon sucks IMO,they look stock and I haven't seen any race teams run them,and SAW has excellent customer service and have been proven offroad
Old 08-17-2010, 12:51 PM   #7
GETTN IT

Hey OP where in socal are u located?
Old 08-17-2010, 12:56 PM   #8
Tuned By Gadget
tacoskim is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoskim is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoskim is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoskim is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoskim is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoskim is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoskim is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoskim is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoskim is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoskim is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoskim is one of the sharper tools in the shed

tacoskim's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by th3bigk0 View Post
and SAW has excellent customer service and have been proven offroad
Disagree with you on that one. I had SAWS on backorder for more than a couple months, and they always told me, next week, next week, next week... I even got a "itll be in tomorrow." Canceled the order cuz all they did was procrastinate
Old 08-17-2010, 01:01 PM   #9
GETTN IT

Quote:
Originally Posted by tacoskim View Post
Disagree with you on that one. I had SAWS on backorder for more than a couple months, and they always told me, next week, next week, next week... I even got a "itll be in tomorrow." Canceled the order cuz all they did was procrastinate
Oh what.that's sux,ya the HQ is like 3 miles from me and I went in and talked to one of there techs and he gave me a whole new seal kit and reservoir ends free for my 2.5 coil overs
Old 08-17-2010, 01:06 PM   #10
Tuned By Gadget
tacoskim is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoskim is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoskim is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoskim is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoskim is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoskim is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoskim is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoskim is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoskim is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoskim is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoskim is one of the sharper tools in the shed

tacoskim's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by th3bigk0 View Post
Oh what.that's sux,ya the HQ is like 3 miles from me and I went in and talked to one of there techs and he gave me a whole new seal kit and reservoir ends free for my 2.5 coil overs
Thats cool. I found that customer service is always prestige when you show up to their actual shop. Both Icon and Total Chaos were awesome when I went to their HQ.
Old 08-17-2010, 08:27 PM   #12
shredtacoma is a name known to allshredtacoma is a name known to allshredtacoma is a name known to allshredtacoma is a name known to allshredtacoma is a name known to allshredtacoma is a name known to all
bump
Old 08-17-2010, 08:29 PM   #13
im in HB. im just going to get them through camburg. thats wut im running up front. im like 5 mins away from there shop
Old 08-17-2010, 10:20 PM   #14
nelson18matt is one of the sharper tools in the shednelson18matt is one of the sharper tools in the shednelson18matt is one of the sharper tools in the shednelson18matt is one of the sharper tools in the shednelson18matt is one of the sharper tools in the shednelson18matt is one of the sharper tools in the shednelson18matt is one of the sharper tools in the shednelson18matt is one of the sharper tools in the shednelson18matt is one of the sharper tools in the shednelson18matt is one of the sharper tools in the shednelson18matt is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Air Force: Ex-Cone
nelson18matt's Tacoma Gallery
those SAW shocks are not "bolt on"

the Icons are

the RR and piggyback are the same shock... RR are easier to mount in tight space cause you can mount the resi where you want it

all you Icon haters can suck my ass, my shit rocks
Old 08-17-2010, 10:28 PM   #15
Camburg :)
Ptowntaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedPtowntaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedPtowntaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedPtowntaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedPtowntaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedPtowntaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedPtowntaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedPtowntaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedPtowntaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedPtowntaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedPtowntaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Bryce
Ptowntaco's Tacoma Gallery
RR FTW!!! I just think they r a better product Icon seams cheep though i know they r good...

I want the King smoothies
Old 08-17-2010, 10:40 PM   #16
Cuz Stock Sucks
amaes is one of the sharper tools in the shedamaes is one of the sharper tools in the shedamaes is one of the sharper tools in the shedamaes is one of the sharper tools in the shedamaes is one of the sharper tools in the shedamaes is one of the sharper tools in the shedamaes is one of the sharper tools in the shedamaes is one of the sharper tools in the shedamaes is one of the sharper tools in the shedamaes is one of the sharper tools in the shedamaes is one of the sharper tools in the shed

amaes's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by nelson18matt View Post
those SAW shocks are not "bolt on"

the Icons are

the RR and piggyback are the same shock... RR are easier to mount in tight space cause you can mount the resi where you want it

all you Icon haters can suck my ass, my shit rocks
Hey their LT shocks are good I'm not going to lie about that lol but those oem RR from them are junk. Edelbrock shocks are crap haha sorry man

and as long as he get a steam to eye adapter which is only like $8 he can run the SAWs if he has a 3" lift in the rear a 8" will be perfect. and your leafs will max before the shock does.
Old 08-17-2010, 10:47 PM   #17
Cuz Stock Sucks

amaes's Tacoma Gallery
Picture off edelbrocks site.

Old 08-17-2010, 10:49 PM   #18
so i could not just swap my trd billies for the remote resi saw
Old 08-17-2010, 10:50 PM   #19
Cuz Stock Sucks

amaes's Tacoma Gallery
Do you have any lift at all in the rear?
Old 08-17-2010, 10:52 PM   #20
yea i have deaver pack i believe it a 1.5