LSC15's 95 Tacoma 4x4

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Suspension

Notices

vibes from 0 to 15-20mph: help

Old 08-17-2010, 08:01 PM   #1
tacosupreme54 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacosupreme54 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacosupreme54 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacosupreme54 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacosupreme54 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacosupreme54 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacosupreme54 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacosupreme54 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacosupreme54 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacosupreme54 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacosupreme54 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

tacosupreme54's Tacoma Gallery
vibes from 0 to 15-20mph: help

i will just get to the point. i have 2.5" spacers up front and 2" AAL in the rear. the past few days i have noticed slight vibrations when going from a complete stop until i hit about 20mph. i can feel them in the steering wheel and on the gas pedal. once i get past about 15-20mph, there are no more vibes, it just drives like it always has after that. i had my lift purchased/installed at different times because of funds. the thing is that i had the front done first and had no vibes until i had the rear AAL done a few weeks later. i would have thought it would have been more likely to have been the front, since it feels like it's coming from there. but it didn't start, or at least it wasn't noticeable to me until a few days after the rear was done. all i can think is alignment maybe, but i had one done just a few weeks ago when the spacers were installed. i have no idea what it is, so i need any help available. i am on 265/75 duratracs. idk if this has anything to do with it, but i still have stock UCA's, but plan to get some aftermarket ones soon.

please help if you can
Old 08-17-2010, 08:10 PM   #2
Greenside Doc
sshumphrey1 is on a distinguished road
Navy: Greenside Doc
sshumphrey1's Tacoma Gallery
I have the exact same issue and set up as you have, and have been dealing with it for the past seven months. I even tried spacers on the carrier bearing in efforts to decrease the drive shaft angle with no luck.
Old 08-17-2010, 08:15 PM   #3
tacosupreme54 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacosupreme54 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacosupreme54 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacosupreme54 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacosupreme54 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacosupreme54 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacosupreme54 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacosupreme54 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacosupreme54 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacosupreme54 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacosupreme54 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
Originally Posted by sshumphrey1 View Post
I have the exact same issue and set up as you have, and have been dealing with it for the past seven months. I even tried spacers on the carrier bearing in efforts to decrease the drive shaft angle with no luck.
it's almost like it can't make it's mind up going from 1st to 2nd gear. i just don't want to drive on this and make it worse.
Old 08-17-2010, 09:24 PM   #5
ETaco23 is one of the sharper tools in the shedETaco23 is one of the sharper tools in the shedETaco23 is one of the sharper tools in the shedETaco23 is one of the sharper tools in the shedETaco23 is one of the sharper tools in the shedETaco23 is one of the sharper tools in the shedETaco23 is one of the sharper tools in the shedETaco23 is one of the sharper tools in the shedETaco23 is one of the sharper tools in the shedETaco23 is one of the sharper tools in the shedETaco23 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Evan
ETaco23's Tacoma Gallery
its drive line shutter from your drive shaft/carrier bearing. you might want to try the spacers like staited. but if that doesnt work. you need to try axel shims. they have them at toyteclifts.com
Old 08-17-2010, 09:27 PM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by EverTaco23 View Post
its drive line shutter from your drive shaft/carrier bearing. you might want to try the spacers like staited. but if that doesnt work. you need to try axel shims. they have them at toyteclifts.com
ok, cause i have been looking and was thinking it might be from the lift, but actually on all the threads about half the people were just stock. it's just a toyota problem. thanks man.
Old 08-17-2010, 11:34 PM   #7
nvdeserted is one of the sharper tools in the shednvdeserted is one of the sharper tools in the shednvdeserted is one of the sharper tools in the shednvdeserted is one of the sharper tools in the shednvdeserted is one of the sharper tools in the shednvdeserted is one of the sharper tools in the shednvdeserted is one of the sharper tools in the shednvdeserted is one of the sharper tools in the shednvdeserted is one of the sharper tools in the shednvdeserted is one of the sharper tools in the shednvdeserted is one of the sharper tools in the shed

nvdeserted's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by EverTaco23 View Post
^I'm with this guy. "started after rear AAL"... gotta be driveline vibe, or even if it's not it will be a cheap attempt: first get a carrier bearing drop kit (from Toytec or something) and if that's not enough, get axle shims (from Toytec or something). The carrier bearing drop is super easy to install. The shims are also easy but will take more time/tools.
Old 08-18-2010, 09:43 AM   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by nvdeserted View Post
^I'm with this guy. "started after rear AAL"... gotta be driveline vibe, or even if it's not it will be a cheap attempt: first get a carrier bearing drop kit (from Toytec or something) and if that's not enough, get axle shims (from Toytec or something). The carrier bearing drop is super easy to install. The shims are also easy but will take more time/tools.
yeah, this will be a cheaper fix than i thought. i also did read on some threads with these symptoms that tires just needed rotating/balancing or alignment.
Old 08-18-2010, 08:11 PM   #9

went to my mechanic today and laid the situation out to him, also mentioned some of the potential problems and solutions to him. he looked and said that the drive shaft looked fine and there was nothing wrong with any of my angles. he said alignment was also fine and that it wouldn't hurt anything to ride on these stock UCA's until i get money for new ones. my tires will just wear uneven. which brought him to a conclusion, or at least the simplest/most logical one. my tires are wearing uneven, which made us realize that i need them rotated and balanced. is that the reason for vibrations? idk, that's what he's saying. i mean i hope that's the problem, cause it's the cheapest and simplest to fix and that's why we agreed to try this first. i haven't had them done in about 10k miles anyway, lol. he didn't really say no to the carrier bearing solution, but if it's still driving like this after rotation and balancing, that might be our next thing to try.
Old 08-18-2010, 09:49 PM   #10
FixedTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedFixedTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedFixedTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedFixedTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedFixedTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedFixedTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedFixedTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedFixedTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedFixedTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedFixedTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedFixedTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Will
FixedTRD's Tacoma Gallery
I also had the same issue with the vibe after suspension lift. I tired alignment, tire rotation and balance and its still there. I will try the bearing drop soon but I pretty much just lived with it.
Old 08-18-2010, 10:11 PM   #11

Quote:
Originally Posted by FixedTRD View Post
I also had the same issue with the vibe after suspension lift. I tired alignment, tire rotation and balance and its still there. I will try the bearing drop soon but I pretty much just lived with it.
damn, well i hope when i get my tires rotated and balanced i will be done with it tomorrow. let me know how the bearing drop does when you get it done. you might wanna change your username on here though, haha