Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Suspension

Notices

Toytec Coils with 5100's

Old 08-17-2010, 08:56 PM   #1
CeRaTi
Rakso is one of the sharper tools in the shedRakso is one of the sharper tools in the shedRakso is one of the sharper tools in the shedRakso is one of the sharper tools in the shedRakso is one of the sharper tools in the shedRakso is one of the sharper tools in the shedRakso is one of the sharper tools in the shedRakso is one of the sharper tools in the shedRakso is one of the sharper tools in the shedRakso is one of the sharper tools in the shedRakso is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: OsKaR
Rakso's Tacoma Gallery
Toytec Coils with 5100's

When installing toytec coilovers with 5100's, What setting should the shocks be at to get the 3 inch lift??
Old 08-17-2010, 10:03 PM   #3
Sublime is one of the sharper tools in the shedSublime is one of the sharper tools in the shedSublime is one of the sharper tools in the shedSublime is one of the sharper tools in the shedSublime is one of the sharper tools in the shedSublime is one of the sharper tools in the shedSublime is one of the sharper tools in the shedSublime is one of the sharper tools in the shedSublime is one of the sharper tools in the shedSublime is one of the sharper tools in the shedSublime is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Mike
Sublime's Tacoma Gallery
The shock itself should be at the stock setting, lowest notch. Unless you have the pre assembled, then they are already put together for ya. I think the instructions said 2.5" of thread showing was 3" but I got way more lift than I wanted. I ended up lowering them to 1.75" thread on the collars and they gave me about 2.5-3" of total lift.
Old 08-17-2010, 10:50 PM   #5
Sublime is one of the sharper tools in the shedSublime is one of the sharper tools in the shedSublime is one of the sharper tools in the shedSublime is one of the sharper tools in the shedSublime is one of the sharper tools in the shedSublime is one of the sharper tools in the shedSublime is one of the sharper tools in the shedSublime is one of the sharper tools in the shedSublime is one of the sharper tools in the shedSublime is one of the sharper tools in the shedSublime is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Sublime's Tacoma Gallery
Ya, that worked for me. I'm sitting at 38.5" from ground to fender with 33" km2s. I wanna see some picks when you done. I really like this set up. There's a street on my way home I hit everyday and everyone slows down for the narly bump but not me......the rebound compression feels so great. Small bumps are still there and noticeable but the bigger hits you can really feel the suspension absorbing everything! Good luck.
Old 08-18-2010, 10:24 AM   #7
Fabulous is one of the sharper tools in the shedFabulous is one of the sharper tools in the shedFabulous is one of the sharper tools in the shedFabulous is one of the sharper tools in the shedFabulous is one of the sharper tools in the shedFabulous is one of the sharper tools in the shedFabulous is one of the sharper tools in the shedFabulous is one of the sharper tools in the shedFabulous is one of the sharper tools in the shedFabulous is one of the sharper tools in the shedFabulous is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Fabian
Fabulous's Tacoma Gallery
The Toytec coils are just an Eibach coil (1.6 inch lift) The highest setting on the 5100's you can use is the 0.85 setting, but you will only see 2-2.45 inches of lift depending on your truck (4x4, or prerunner/ reg cab, ex cab or d-cab). I am currently looking into this set up, and have read a bunch of threads on this subject. Hope this helps.
Old 08-18-2010, 11:22 AM   #8

Sublime's Tacoma Gallery
I think the OP was talking about the coilovers that are height adjustable. These are also eibach springs but with an adjustable collar at the bottom. Correct me if I'm wrong.
Old 08-18-2010, 12:12 PM   #9
Fabulous is one of the sharper tools in the shedFabulous is one of the sharper tools in the shedFabulous is one of the sharper tools in the shedFabulous is one of the sharper tools in the shedFabulous is one of the sharper tools in the shedFabulous is one of the sharper tools in the shedFabulous is one of the sharper tools in the shedFabulous is one of the sharper tools in the shedFabulous is one of the sharper tools in the shedFabulous is one of the sharper tools in the shedFabulous is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Hmmm, I assumed he was talking about the 5100's with the spring because he asked what setting...
Old 08-18-2010, 12:44 PM   #10
CeRaTi
Rakso is one of the sharper tools in the shedRakso is one of the sharper tools in the shedRakso is one of the sharper tools in the shedRakso is one of the sharper tools in the shedRakso is one of the sharper tools in the shedRakso is one of the sharper tools in the shedRakso is one of the sharper tools in the shedRakso is one of the sharper tools in the shedRakso is one of the sharper tools in the shedRakso is one of the sharper tools in the shedRakso is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: OsKaR
Rakso's Tacoma Gallery
Well to be clear I have the toytec (red) adjustable coilovers (not assembled), and I'm putting the 5100s on them. Should the shock be at 0' or what?
Old 08-18-2010, 12:53 PM   #11

Sublime's Tacoma Gallery
Ya man, shock at 0. The adjustable collar will give u the height. That's the same set up I did from toytec.
Old 08-18-2010, 12:55 PM   #12
sees what you did there.
KPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shed

KPT's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rakso View Post
Well to be clear I have the toytec (red) adjustable coilovers (not assembled), and I'm putting the 5100s on them. Should the shock be at 0' or what?

Yes, keep them at zero.
Old 08-18-2010, 01:13 PM   #13

If it is the same spring as the eibach/ toytec one you can set it at 0.85...that is what I heard from Toytec. You will get approx 2 inches of lift on your d-cab.
Old 08-18-2010, 02:51 PM   #14
sees what you did there.
KPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shed

KPT's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fabulous View Post
If it is the same spring as the eibach/ toytec one you can set it at 0.85...that is what I heard from Toytec. You will get approx 2 inches of lift on your d-cab.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rakso View Post

Already stated he has the red adjustable coilovers, so the billy's shoudl be set at zero.
Old 08-18-2010, 03:53 PM   #15

Sorry, my bad...just trying to help.