Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Suspension

Notices

Front Dual Suspension ID

Old 08-18-2010, 11:22 AM   #1
ILUVAGOODTACO is on a distinguished road
ILUVAGOODTACO's Tacoma Gallery
Front Dual Suspension ID

Hey, we just picked up our 98' SR5. I have had plenty of solid axle rigs (broncos, Jeeps) but this is our first IFS so kind of a different planet. It looks like the PO did a good job with the 6" lift but instead of using an upper A arm they have an additional strut. They are blown and I'm having a hard time identifying it.
Any help would be greatly appreciated.
[IMG][/IMG]
Old 08-18-2010, 11:39 AM   #2
Dan
YotaDan is one of the sharper tools in the shedYotaDan is one of the sharper tools in the shedYotaDan is one of the sharper tools in the shedYotaDan is one of the sharper tools in the shedYotaDan is one of the sharper tools in the shedYotaDan is one of the sharper tools in the shedYotaDan is one of the sharper tools in the shedYotaDan is one of the sharper tools in the shedYotaDan is one of the sharper tools in the shedYotaDan is one of the sharper tools in the shedYotaDan is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Dan
YotaDan's Tacoma Gallery
I forget who makes that. But I would recommend pulling all that out of there. Get yourself some new Upper Control Arms, and a set of Coilovers. Will be much, much better setup. That lift is kinda sketchy if you ask me.
Old 08-18-2010, 11:43 AM   #3
Camburg :)
Ptowntaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedPtowntaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedPtowntaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedPtowntaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedPtowntaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedPtowntaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedPtowntaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedPtowntaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedPtowntaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedPtowntaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedPtowntaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Bryce
Ptowntaco's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by YotaDan View Post
I forget who makes that. But I would recommend pulling all that out of there. Get yourself some new Upper Control Arms, and a set of Coilovers. Will be much, much better setup. That lift is kinda sketchy if you ask me.
x2 and when you get them talk to Dan at Wheelers thats where i got all my Camburg 2.5s and Camburg Uper Control Arms
Old 08-18-2010, 12:46 PM   #4
:POOPCORN:
98tacoma27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed98tacoma27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed98tacoma27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed98tacoma27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed98tacoma27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed98tacoma27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed98tacoma27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed98tacoma27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed98tacoma27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed98tacoma27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed98tacoma27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Marines:
Name: Ben
98tacoma27's Tacoma Gallery
I think it's an old Rough Country. They have been discountinued and are not rebuildable. That's probably the third one I've seen here. For the life of me I cannot find the thread about them.
Old 08-18-2010, 01:07 PM   #5
:POOPCORN:
98tacoma27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed98tacoma27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed98tacoma27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed98tacoma27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed98tacoma27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed98tacoma27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed98tacoma27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed98tacoma27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed98tacoma27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed98tacoma27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed98tacoma27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Marines:
Name: Ben
98tacoma27's Tacoma Gallery
I got it now. It's a trail master. No wonder I counldn't find it.

http://www.tacomaworld.com/forum/sus...ont-tires.html
Old 08-18-2010, 01:09 PM   #6
wo ai ni bao bei ^_^
blackhawke88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblackhawke88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblackhawke88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblackhawke88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblackhawke88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblackhawke88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblackhawke88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblackhawke88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblackhawke88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblackhawke88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblackhawke88 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

blackhawke88's Tacoma Gallery
jeez that front looks sketch
Old 08-18-2010, 02:44 PM   #8
ILUVAGOODTACO is on a distinguished road
ILUVAGOODTACO's Tacoma Gallery
Not exactly what I wanted to hear. So could I get away with new steering knuckles and stock upper A arms or do they have to be Aftermarket longer?
Old 08-18-2010, 03:23 PM   #9
Dan
YotaDan is one of the sharper tools in the shedYotaDan is one of the sharper tools in the shedYotaDan is one of the sharper tools in the shedYotaDan is one of the sharper tools in the shedYotaDan is one of the sharper tools in the shedYotaDan is one of the sharper tools in the shedYotaDan is one of the sharper tools in the shedYotaDan is one of the sharper tools in the shedYotaDan is one of the sharper tools in the shedYotaDan is one of the sharper tools in the shedYotaDan is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Dan
YotaDan's Tacoma Gallery
I think you still have your stock knuckles. So you should be able to just get either factory or aftermarket UCAs (stock length), and a set of coilovers or something.
Old 08-18-2010, 03:46 PM   #10
Coolidge will become famous soon enough

Name: Guy
Coolidge's Tacoma Gallery
Sorry bro, but what you have is the biggest POS lift by Trailmaster. BTW, it is discontinued. I bought my 03 w/same kit. I now have the truck back to stock w/King C/O's and rear AAL w/Bilstein 5100's.
Heres the thread. PM me if you have any ?'s ~Guy
http://www.tacomaworld.com/forum/1st...-can-done.html
Old 08-18-2010, 03:49 PM   #11
Coolidge will become famous soon enough

Name: Guy
Coolidge's Tacoma Gallery
Before:

After:

One of the biggest probs w/that kit, the 2nd strut blows out easily, and the only replacement avail is for a early 80's VW Jetta I believe.
Good Luck!