Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Suspension

Notices

Do I need UCAs??

Old 08-18-2010, 02:47 PM   #1
bowhuntingaddict is on a distinguished road
bowhuntingaddict's Tacoma Gallery
Do I need UCAs??

I just got billy 5100s, and after I got the lift on the trcuk drove perfectly, no wandering or anything up to 80mph, but after I got new tires and got it aligned it started to shake, is this the tire fault or do I need new UCAs?
Old 08-18-2010, 02:50 PM   #2
Boiling denim and bangin whores
Tacomanator is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomanator is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomanator is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomanator is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomanator is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomanator is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomanator is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomanator is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomanator is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomanator is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomanator is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Clam Slammer
Tacomanator's Tacoma Gallery
tires may need to be rebalanced. what setting do you have the 5100's at. UCA's are recmmended for anything over 2".
Old 08-18-2010, 02:52 PM   #3
Living vicariously through myself
mjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Milton Juevos Portimous II
mjp2's Tacoma Gallery
Road force balanced
Old 08-18-2010, 03:04 PM   #5
Its set at 2.5in, but i think I'll go get it road force balanced first
Old 08-18-2010, 03:22 PM   #6
Master of War
shitroc has much to be proud ofshitroc has much to be proud ofshitroc has much to be proud ofshitroc has much to be proud ofshitroc has much to be proud ofshitroc has much to be proud ofshitroc has much to be proud ofshitroc has much to be proud of

Name: Ant
shitroc's Tacoma Gallery
definitly get a roadforce balance done, little pricey(25$/wheel) but well worth it.
Old 08-18-2010, 03:56 PM   #7
Tacomanator is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomanator is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomanator is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomanator is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomanator is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomanator is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomanator is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomanator is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomanator is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomanator is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomanator is one of the sharper tools in the shed

what is road force balanced? i've heard about it a few times on here. how is it different than normal balancing?
Old 08-18-2010, 03:59 PM   #8
Hi
dysfunctnlretard is one of the sharper tools in the sheddysfunctnlretard is one of the sharper tools in the sheddysfunctnlretard is one of the sharper tools in the sheddysfunctnlretard is one of the sharper tools in the sheddysfunctnlretard is one of the sharper tools in the sheddysfunctnlretard is one of the sharper tools in the sheddysfunctnlretard is one of the sharper tools in the sheddysfunctnlretard is one of the sharper tools in the sheddysfunctnlretard is one of the sharper tools in the sheddysfunctnlretard is one of the sharper tools in the sheddysfunctnlretard is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Manny
dysfunctnlretard's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tacomanator View Post
what is road force balanced? i've heard about it a few times on here. how is it different than normal balancing?
its a different type of wheel balancing in which they find the heavy spots in the tire and wheel and sit the tire on the wheel in such a way that the heavy spots cancel eachother out and you get a better balanced tire/wheel.
Old 08-18-2010, 04:03 PM   #9
Jigzor is one of the sharper tools in the shedJigzor is one of the sharper tools in the shedJigzor is one of the sharper tools in the shedJigzor is one of the sharper tools in the shedJigzor is one of the sharper tools in the shedJigzor is one of the sharper tools in the shedJigzor is one of the sharper tools in the shedJigzor is one of the sharper tools in the shedJigzor is one of the sharper tools in the shedJigzor is one of the sharper tools in the shedJigzor is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Jigzor's Tacoma Gallery
Mucher cheaper to try and correct it via road force balance than to drop 400-600 on a set of UCAs.
Old 08-18-2010, 04:03 PM   #10

Quote:
Originally Posted by dysfunctnlretard View Post
its a different type of wheel balancing in which they find the heavy spots in the tire and wheel and sit the tire on the wheel in such a way that the heavy spots cancel eachother out and you get a better balanced tire/wheel.
oh thanks. i recently had new tires installed, i wonder if they were "road balanced"? hmmmm....
Old 08-18-2010, 04:04 PM   #11
ozmon420 is just really niceozmon420 is just really niceozmon420 is just really niceozmon420 is just really niceozmon420 is just really nice

ozmon420's Tacoma Gallery
you may want to check firestone. if that doesnt work get uca's
Old 08-18-2010, 04:05 PM   #12
Rhum.
RugbyTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRugbyTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRugbyTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRugbyTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRugbyTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRugbyTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRugbyTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRugbyTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRugbyTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRugbyTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRugbyTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

EMS: EMT-B
Name: Paul
RugbyTaco's Tacoma Gallery
can you get away with road force balancing and not the regular balancing? or are they too different and still require regular balancing?
Old 08-18-2010, 04:05 PM   #13

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jigzor View Post
Mucher cheaper to try and correct it via road force balance than to drop 400-600 on a set of UCAs.
x2. UCA's really have nothing to do with shaking/vibs anyway.
Old 08-18-2010, 04:27 PM   #14
Master of War
shitroc has much to be proud ofshitroc has much to be proud ofshitroc has much to be proud ofshitroc has much to be proud ofshitroc has much to be proud ofshitroc has much to be proud ofshitroc has much to be proud ofshitroc has much to be proud of

Name: Ant
shitroc's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tacomanator View Post
oh thanks. i recently had new tires installed, i wonder if they were "road balanced"? hmmmm....
i doubt it,a roadforce balance is usually something that you have to ask for since its more expensive
Old 08-18-2010, 05:10 PM   #15

Quote:
Originally Posted by shitroc View Post
i doubt it,a roadforce balance is usually something that you have to ask for since its more expensive
you would think they would do it without asking because if its more expensive, then they'll make more money... either way, road balanced or not, my tires ride smooth so its all good!
Old 08-19-2010, 12:46 AM   #16
sanga700 will become famous soon enoughsanga700 will become famous soon enough
sanga700's Tacoma Gallery
well I have 5100 set at 2.5" w/o vibration and pull L or R at all . Truck drive perfect No need UCA . Do you have aftermarket wheels or stockers ?
Old 08-20-2010, 09:44 PM   #17
16in helos 4.5" backspace
Old 08-20-2010, 09:48 PM   #18
ktmrider is one of the sharper tools in the shedktmrider is one of the sharper tools in the shedktmrider is one of the sharper tools in the shedktmrider is one of the sharper tools in the shedktmrider is one of the sharper tools in the shedktmrider is one of the sharper tools in the shedktmrider is one of the sharper tools in the shedktmrider is one of the sharper tools in the shedktmrider is one of the sharper tools in the shedktmrider is one of the sharper tools in the shedktmrider is one of the sharper tools in the shed

ktmrider's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by bowhuntingaddict View Post
16in helos 4.5" backspace
OP I believe I have the same wheels and they dont make hub centric models. We both have lugcentric, I havent had a problem but I think you might be having issues with that.
Old 08-21-2010, 12:41 AM   #19
mattleegee is one of the sharper tools in the shedmattleegee is one of the sharper tools in the shedmattleegee is one of the sharper tools in the shedmattleegee is one of the sharper tools in the shedmattleegee is one of the sharper tools in the shedmattleegee is one of the sharper tools in the shedmattleegee is one of the sharper tools in the shedmattleegee is one of the sharper tools in the shedmattleegee is one of the sharper tools in the shedmattleegee is one of the sharper tools in the shedmattleegee is one of the sharper tools in the shed
mattleegee's Tacoma Gallery
When are UCAs actually beneficial for a truck, i see above someone said 2" then it helps
But when do you want to make the purchase of these?

(I thought about making a thread but maybe this will work)
Old 08-21-2010, 12:59 AM   #20
sanga700 will become famous soon enoughsanga700 will become famous soon enough
sanga700's Tacoma Gallery
If sterling wheel shake You may need rebalance the tires or check lug nuts because lug nuts must go in all the way .