Notices

Bed sounds like a washing machine on spin cycle when going > 60MPH

Old 08-18-2010, 06:06 PM   #1
wag more...bark less
KATESTOYTAC is on a distinguished road

Name: KATE
KATESTOYTAC's Tacoma Gallery
Bed sounds like a washing machine on spin cycle when going > 60MPH

I've had my 09' Taco for a little more than two months and notice that when I'm on the freeway I can hear this faint "machine gun" or "washing machine on spin cycle" noise coming from the back. The bed doesn't appear to be vibrating and there is no driving problems. Is this normal because there is no metal frame under the truck bed? It's completely under warranty, but I thought I'd check here first before the service mechanics think I'm just a silly girl
Old 08-18-2010, 06:17 PM   #2
Roll Tide
HondaGM is one of the sharper tools in the shedHondaGM is one of the sharper tools in the shedHondaGM is one of the sharper tools in the shedHondaGM is one of the sharper tools in the shedHondaGM is one of the sharper tools in the shedHondaGM is one of the sharper tools in the shedHondaGM is one of the sharper tools in the shedHondaGM is one of the sharper tools in the shedHondaGM is one of the sharper tools in the shedHondaGM is one of the sharper tools in the shedHondaGM is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: James
HondaGM's Tacoma Gallery
you cant feel anything,you just hear it?
Old 08-18-2010, 06:23 PM   #3
Coolidge will become famous soon enough

Name: Guy
Coolidge's Tacoma Gallery
1st, Check to see if your spare tire is tight in the holder. Ive had more customer comebacks for noises and the spare being loose. Good Luck
Old 08-18-2010, 06:34 PM   #4
WTF
1TUFFTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shed1TUFFTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shed1TUFFTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shed1TUFFTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shed1TUFFTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shed1TUFFTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shed1TUFFTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shed1TUFFTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shed1TUFFTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shed1TUFFTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shed1TUFFTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shed

1TUFFTRD's Tacoma Gallery
air pressure in tires maybe?
Old 08-18-2010, 06:35 PM   #5
wag more...bark less

yea, it's just the noise...it gets louder when I'm up against a concrete divider or a car passes...it's annoying when all the windows are down.
Old 08-18-2010, 06:36 PM   #6
wag more...bark less

Coolidge...thanks...I'll check it.
Old 08-18-2010, 06:38 PM   #7
Roll Tide
HondaGM is one of the sharper tools in the shedHondaGM is one of the sharper tools in the shedHondaGM is one of the sharper tools in the shedHondaGM is one of the sharper tools in the shedHondaGM is one of the sharper tools in the shedHondaGM is one of the sharper tools in the shedHondaGM is one of the sharper tools in the shedHondaGM is one of the sharper tools in the shedHondaGM is one of the sharper tools in the shedHondaGM is one of the sharper tools in the shedHondaGM is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: James
HondaGM's Tacoma Gallery
what do the tires look like.are they feathered on the edges?