LSC15's 95 Tacoma 4x4

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Suspension

Notices

5100s getting installed.

Old 08-19-2010, 05:52 AM   #1
Cogge89 is one of the sharper tools in the shedCogge89 is one of the sharper tools in the shedCogge89 is one of the sharper tools in the shedCogge89 is one of the sharper tools in the shedCogge89 is one of the sharper tools in the shedCogge89 is one of the sharper tools in the shedCogge89 is one of the sharper tools in the shedCogge89 is one of the sharper tools in the shedCogge89 is one of the sharper tools in the shedCogge89 is one of the sharper tools in the shedCogge89 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Firefighter:
Name: Justin
Cogge89's Tacoma Gallery
5100s getting installed.

So I'm here at a garage getting my 5100s installed. I heard a funny noise so I looked in the window and see him with a torch cutter in my rear wheel well.. Oh dear, what have I done to my poor truck?
Old 08-19-2010, 05:54 AM   #2
Ask me about the shortbus...
NumNutz is one of the sharper tools in the shedNumNutz is one of the sharper tools in the shedNumNutz is one of the sharper tools in the shedNumNutz is one of the sharper tools in the shedNumNutz is one of the sharper tools in the shedNumNutz is one of the sharper tools in the shedNumNutz is one of the sharper tools in the shedNumNutz is one of the sharper tools in the shedNumNutz is one of the sharper tools in the shedNumNutz is one of the sharper tools in the shedNumNutz is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Navy: Student Pilot
Name: Nick
NumNutz's Tacoma Gallery
Pretty sure torch cutters aren't on the required tools sheet.
Old 08-19-2010, 05:57 AM   #3
Burns is one of the sharper tools in the shedBurns is one of the sharper tools in the shedBurns is one of the sharper tools in the shedBurns is one of the sharper tools in the shedBurns is one of the sharper tools in the shedBurns is one of the sharper tools in the shedBurns is one of the sharper tools in the shedBurns is one of the sharper tools in the shedBurns is one of the sharper tools in the shedBurns is one of the sharper tools in the shedBurns is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Burns's Tacoma Gallery
Def not a good sign man.
Old 08-19-2010, 06:03 AM   #4
Cogge89 is one of the sharper tools in the shedCogge89 is one of the sharper tools in the shedCogge89 is one of the sharper tools in the shedCogge89 is one of the sharper tools in the shedCogge89 is one of the sharper tools in the shedCogge89 is one of the sharper tools in the shedCogge89 is one of the sharper tools in the shedCogge89 is one of the sharper tools in the shedCogge89 is one of the sharper tools in the shedCogge89 is one of the sharper tools in the shedCogge89 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Firefighter:
Cogge89's Tacoma Gallery
I didn't think so.. Awesome. Nothing like destroying my 09 TRD Sport
Old 08-19-2010, 06:04 AM   #5
Ask me about the shortbus...
NumNutz is one of the sharper tools in the shedNumNutz is one of the sharper tools in the shedNumNutz is one of the sharper tools in the shedNumNutz is one of the sharper tools in the shedNumNutz is one of the sharper tools in the shedNumNutz is one of the sharper tools in the shedNumNutz is one of the sharper tools in the shedNumNutz is one of the sharper tools in the shedNumNutz is one of the sharper tools in the shedNumNutz is one of the sharper tools in the shedNumNutz is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Navy: Student Pilot
Name: Nick
NumNutz's Tacoma Gallery
Well go say something to them!!! Ask them what the fuck they are doing!!!
Old 08-19-2010, 06:17 AM   #6
WNYTACOMA is one of the sharper tools in the shedWNYTACOMA is one of the sharper tools in the shedWNYTACOMA is one of the sharper tools in the shedWNYTACOMA is one of the sharper tools in the shedWNYTACOMA is one of the sharper tools in the shedWNYTACOMA is one of the sharper tools in the shedWNYTACOMA is one of the sharper tools in the shedWNYTACOMA is one of the sharper tools in the shedWNYTACOMA is one of the sharper tools in the shedWNYTACOMA is one of the sharper tools in the shedWNYTACOMA is one of the sharper tools in the shed
WNYTACOMA's Tacoma Gallery
Maybe they do it a little differently in Canada...

Just in case, be on the lookout for that idiot Aston Keutcher to make sure they aren't setting you up with a 'gotcha' moment.
Old 08-19-2010, 06:36 AM   #7

Firefighter:
Cogge89's Tacoma Gallery
I'm currently in Maine getting them installed hahah. Nice try but this ones on your country!! :P
Old 08-19-2010, 06:50 AM   #8
Pasti-Dip Free Since 1983
Pugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Mike
Pugga's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cogge89 View Post
I'm currently in Maine getting them installed hahah. Nice try but this ones on your country!! :P
The bolts might be rusted on. I had to use a torch last time I had to replace the shocks on my truck. Wouldn't have thought so on a '09 though... You might want to get in there!
Old 08-19-2010, 06:55 AM   #9

Firefighter:
Cogge89's Tacoma Gallery
I live on a small 9x3 mile island.. Lots of salt in the air from the ocean + on the roads from winter. They were probably just rusted alittle like you said
Old 08-19-2010, 10:44 AM   #10
Dan
YotaDan is one of the sharper tools in the shedYotaDan is one of the sharper tools in the shedYotaDan is one of the sharper tools in the shedYotaDan is one of the sharper tools in the shedYotaDan is one of the sharper tools in the shedYotaDan is one of the sharper tools in the shedYotaDan is one of the sharper tools in the shedYotaDan is one of the sharper tools in the shedYotaDan is one of the sharper tools in the shedYotaDan is one of the sharper tools in the shedYotaDan is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Dan
YotaDan's Tacoma Gallery
For where you live it is probably a rust issue. Did you get an AAL also?
Old 08-19-2010, 12:11 PM   #11
Taco's for All has much to be proud ofTaco's for All has much to be proud ofTaco's for All has much to be proud ofTaco's for All has much to be proud ofTaco's for All has much to be proud ofTaco's for All has much to be proud ofTaco's for All has much to be proud ofTaco's for All has much to be proud of

Law Enforcement:
Taco's for All's Tacoma Gallery
I heard the wizz wheel (or however the hell you spell it) when I had my rear 5100's put in. They said that one side was rusted on and they couldn't do anything to get the nut off. Oh well, there goes a perfectly good pair of trd bilsteins.
Old 08-19-2010, 12:40 PM   #12

Firefighter:
Cogge89's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by YotaDan View Post
For where you live it is probably a rust issue. Did you get an AAL also?
Nope, I didn't get an AAL. My truck, being from Canada, came with the TSB 4 leaf pack.

My 5100s actually came from Wheeler's. Thanks for the great service, and timely shipping!

The install went nicely, I got them set at .85 for now. I wanted to see what it looked like through this winter with ice frozen on back. I don't want a nose high Tacoma. If all looks good this winter I'll bump it up to the 1.75" setting.

It looks amazing going from stock front with TSB rear, to the front lifted a bit. I notice a huge difference in looks, just at the .85" setting. The ride seems a bit stiffer than stock, but I actually prefer it this way. The drivers side front seems a little lower than the passenger side, so i'll have to do some research on a small spacer or something.

Ill get some pictures of it shortly.
Old 08-19-2010, 12:42 PM   #13
Oh gravity, thou art a heartless bitch!
AvsFanTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedAvsFanTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedAvsFanTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedAvsFanTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedAvsFanTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedAvsFanTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedAvsFanTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedAvsFanTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedAvsFanTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedAvsFanTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedAvsFanTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Brandon
AvsFanTRD's Tacoma Gallery
Did you ask about the torch?
Old 08-19-2010, 12:44 PM   #14

Firefighter:
Cogge89's Tacoma Gallery
Yeah lol. He said they were having a hard time getting something loose i guess. He took it for a test drive, then i drove 1hr home, and it was great, so it couldnt have been anything too serious