Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Suspension

Notices

3 inch Suspension lift options

Old 08-19-2010, 05:20 PM   #1
moderately modded
drifter has a brilliant futuredrifter has a brilliant futuredrifter has a brilliant futuredrifter has a brilliant futuredrifter has a brilliant futuredrifter has a brilliant futuredrifter has a brilliant futuredrifter has a brilliant futuredrifter has a brilliant futuredrifter has a brilliant futuredrifter has a brilliant future

Name: Sam
drifter's Tacoma Gallery
Thumbs down 3 inch Suspension lift options

First, this is probably covered throughout this site in various places, but I would rather ask again and get the info in one spot so that it is easier to understand.

Ok, I'd like to lift my truck about 3 inches so that I can run some 33's (currently running ~stock 31's) when I need new tires (not gonna happen for awhile). I won't be doing much hard wheeling *prerunner* so a body lift would be the best, cheapest route but... I want a suspension lift so that I can have more overall clearance.

I'm mainly worried about the front end...the rearend should be a piece of cake with some AAL's or blocks.

I know that new coilovers are the best bet, but I don't want to spend $1000+. I figured on getting a coil spacer lift, like a revtek, tough country or truxxx kit. Then I found out that they really stiffen the ride, shorten travel, cause a chance of breaking stuff etc.

So, now I figure that some bilstein 5100's http://toyteclifts.com/index.php?pag...mart&Itemid=72
or some eibach coils http://toyteclifts.com/index.php?pag...mart&Itemid=72
or some OME coils http://toyteclifts.com/index.php?pag...mart&Itemid=72
might do the trick.

Which choice would be better? Is there any other, maybe better, shocks similar to the bilsteins? Would a combination of 2 of the above 3 work? I've read somewhere that pairing up the bilsteins with aftermarket coils is bad. I've also read that the ride will be really rough with bilsteins and stock coils. What's my best bet here? I'm trying to keep it below $500.

1999 taco prerunner is my rig

thanks for any help
Old 08-22-2010, 03:45 PM   #2
moderately modded
drifter has a brilliant futuredrifter has a brilliant futuredrifter has a brilliant futuredrifter has a brilliant futuredrifter has a brilliant futuredrifter has a brilliant futuredrifter has a brilliant futuredrifter has a brilliant futuredrifter has a brilliant futuredrifter has a brilliant futuredrifter has a brilliant future

drifter's Tacoma Gallery
bump/shortened question

Which is better:
1, Bilstein 5100's for 2.5 inches of lift.
2, eibach lift coils
3, OME lift coils
4, combo of the above

truck = 1999 taco prerunner
Old 08-22-2010, 06:48 PM   #3
bevans is just really nicebevans is just really nicebevans is just really nicebevans is just really nicebevans is just really nice
bevans's Tacoma Gallery
Best

1. OME (full kit- springs & shocks)
2. eibach w/ 5100 set at .85
3. 5100's set at 2.5
Old 08-22-2010, 06:48 PM   #4
ColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Scott
ColtsTRD's Tacoma Gallery
OME all the way
Old 08-22-2010, 07:18 PM   #5
moderately modded

drifter's Tacoma Gallery
Thanks for replying.

Dang, OME coils + shocks would run my over $400 just for the front end.
that's if I got these shocks and these coils.