LSC15's 95 Tacoma 4x4

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Suspension

Notices

1" Block, will i have any problems?

Old 08-22-2010, 01:13 PM   #1
Cogge89 is one of the sharper tools in the shedCogge89 is one of the sharper tools in the shedCogge89 is one of the sharper tools in the shedCogge89 is one of the sharper tools in the shedCogge89 is one of the sharper tools in the shedCogge89 is one of the sharper tools in the shedCogge89 is one of the sharper tools in the shedCogge89 is one of the sharper tools in the shedCogge89 is one of the sharper tools in the shedCogge89 is one of the sharper tools in the shedCogge89 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Firefighter:
Name: Justin
Cogge89's Tacoma Gallery
1" Block, will i have any problems?

I had my 4x 5100s installed, and my TSB leaf has been in for about a year. Most people can run 1.75" it seems, however I could not. At the .85" setting, its pretty close to level. I would still like to set them at 1.75", so i did some measuring. About 1" in the rear will be perfect for me. Do you guys think I'll have any problems with a 1" block? I do zero off roading, but if it will cause problems, I can go a different route.
Old 08-23-2010, 09:08 AM   #3
sanga700 will become famous soon enoughsanga700 will become famous soon enough
sanga700's Tacoma Gallery
I see your truck sit level . If you add 1" block to the rear then you should set the front at 2.5" , otherwise your back is way too high if set 1.75" .
I got same set up as your thinking to do your and I loved it . no problem at all.
Old 08-23-2010, 09:38 AM   #4
Roll Tide
HondaGM is one of the sharper tools in the shedHondaGM is one of the sharper tools in the shedHondaGM is one of the sharper tools in the shedHondaGM is one of the sharper tools in the shedHondaGM is one of the sharper tools in the shedHondaGM is one of the sharper tools in the shedHondaGM is one of the sharper tools in the shedHondaGM is one of the sharper tools in the shedHondaGM is one of the sharper tools in the shedHondaGM is one of the sharper tools in the shedHondaGM is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: James
HondaGM's Tacoma Gallery
should be fine
Old 08-23-2010, 10:02 AM   #5
Cogge89 is one of the sharper tools in the shedCogge89 is one of the sharper tools in the shedCogge89 is one of the sharper tools in the shedCogge89 is one of the sharper tools in the shedCogge89 is one of the sharper tools in the shedCogge89 is one of the sharper tools in the shedCogge89 is one of the sharper tools in the shedCogge89 is one of the sharper tools in the shedCogge89 is one of the sharper tools in the shedCogge89 is one of the sharper tools in the shedCogge89 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Firefighter:
Cogge89's Tacoma Gallery
I've only got like 9/16 difference between front and rear at .85 setting so I think it will be nose high with another 3/4 in the front without anything else in the back
Old 08-23-2010, 10:10 AM   #6
bishes love my haircut
Gr8WhiteTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedGr8WhiteTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedGr8WhiteTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedGr8WhiteTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedGr8WhiteTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedGr8WhiteTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedGr8WhiteTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedGr8WhiteTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedGr8WhiteTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedGr8WhiteTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedGr8WhiteTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Aaron
Gr8WhiteTaco's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via Skype™ to Gr8WhiteTaco
I don't see anything wrong with a 1" block if you dont offroad. Another option would be extended shackles.
Old 08-23-2010, 10:15 AM   #7

Firefighter:
Cogge89's Tacoma Gallery
Yeah? I can have a 1" leaf built too. Just unsure of the price as of right now. Ill go with that unless the price is bad
Old 08-23-2010, 10:41 AM   #8
Taco Vending Machine
Beefed Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedBeefed Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedBeefed Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedBeefed Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedBeefed Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedBeefed Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedBeefed Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedBeefed Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedBeefed Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedBeefed Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedBeefed Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Brian
Beefed Taco's Tacoma Gallery
I really doubt that anyone would notice any ill effects from blocks unless maybe they're going to the local drag strip. I've been wheeling pretty hard on 3"ers for about 15 years. Just stay away from aluminum, cheap kits & keep your u-bolts tight. I have a nice block/u-bolt setup that you'll actually be able to trust under there. For 1" I have 2 different style blocks you can choose from. Either ones that will bolt to your leaf pack and come with a longer leaf pin/bolt, or the more common style that doesn't bolt to the pack. The bolt on style runs $38.95 for the pair, and the standard style blocks are $56.95.

The u-bolts are top quality, I have them made at a spring shop. There are 2 different diameter options, 1/2" grade 5 or fat 9/16" grade 8. They all use high nuts and extra thick washers. The more common 1/2"ers run $55.95 for the set. They're as good as u-bolt gets. Shipping is $16.80 for the entire kit. This price of this kit is what you'll spend for a bullet proof block/u-bolt kit, unlike cheap grade 3 junk from the local parts store. Your u-bolts will obviously be the square style, and made to fit the 1" block, so there won't be a ton of threads to chop.
Attached Thumbnails
1" Block, will i have any problems?-bss.jpg   1" Block, will i have any problems?-11-00000.jpg   1" Block, will i have any problems?-ubnp.jpg   1" Block, will i have any problems?-captured-3004-4-17-00001.jpg   1" Block, will i have any problems?-bosb.jpg  

1" Block, will i have any problems?-imgp9082.jpg  
Old 08-23-2010, 10:52 AM   #9

Firefighter:
Cogge89's Tacoma Gallery
Wow thanks. Ill msg you later about them. I'm on the highway on my Blackberry right now haha
Old 08-23-2010, 10:53 AM   #10
Taco Vending Machine
Beefed Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedBeefed Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedBeefed Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedBeefed Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedBeefed Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedBeefed Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedBeefed Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedBeefed Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedBeefed Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedBeefed Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedBeefed Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Beefed Taco's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cogge89 View Post
Wow thanks. Ill msg you later about them. I'm on the highway on my Blackberry right now haha
haha, better pull over to read that post then.
Old 08-31-2010, 03:26 PM   #11
tony92629 is just really nicetony92629 is just really nicetony92629 is just really nicetony92629 is just really nice

Name: Tony
tony92629's Tacoma Gallery
2010 - DC Pre-Runner TRD sport - I have 5100's front set at 2.5 - rear TSB with 1" block - Great set up. Love the look of it - awesome!

Old 08-31-2010, 03:42 PM   #12
He who angers you conquers you
Unknown is one of the sharper tools in the shedUnknown is one of the sharper tools in the shedUnknown is one of the sharper tools in the shedUnknown is one of the sharper tools in the shedUnknown is one of the sharper tools in the shedUnknown is one of the sharper tools in the shedUnknown is one of the sharper tools in the shedUnknown is one of the sharper tools in the shedUnknown is one of the sharper tools in the shedUnknown is one of the sharper tools in the shedUnknown is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Unknown's Tacoma Gallery
I have a block on mine and i go offroading every time i have chance.

No problems