Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Suspension

Notices

Fabtech/Procomp 6" DB Lift

Old 08-23-2010, 09:06 AM   #1
Chachie is one of the sharper tools in the shedChachie is one of the sharper tools in the shedChachie is one of the sharper tools in the shedChachie is one of the sharper tools in the shedChachie is one of the sharper tools in the shedChachie is one of the sharper tools in the shedChachie is one of the sharper tools in the shedChachie is one of the sharper tools in the shedChachie is one of the sharper tools in the shedChachie is one of the sharper tools in the shedChachie is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Justin
Chachie's Tacoma Gallery
Fabtech/Procomp 6" DB Lift

Hey all. So i bought my truck last year with this lift on it. And I really want to be able to get out and wheel my truck but i am uncomfortable with the high center of gravity. Is there anyway to go back to a 3"? Weld a xmember back in?
Old 08-23-2010, 09:15 AM   #2
HOME!!!
solus is one of the sharper tools in the shedsolus is one of the sharper tools in the shedsolus is one of the sharper tools in the shedsolus is one of the sharper tools in the shedsolus is one of the sharper tools in the shedsolus is one of the sharper tools in the shedsolus is one of the sharper tools in the shedsolus is one of the sharper tools in the shedsolus is one of the sharper tools in the shedsolus is one of the sharper tools in the shedsolus is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Navy: LT, USN
Name: Mark
solus's Tacoma Gallery
it could be done... however, nightstr i think had a 6" truck then put it back to 3" but if creaked and rattled for some reason, so he sold it

you could also, go down to 33" tires and are a little wider... krookz wheels his 6" tacoma
Old 08-23-2010, 09:16 AM   #3
Chachie is one of the sharper tools in the shedChachie is one of the sharper tools in the shedChachie is one of the sharper tools in the shedChachie is one of the sharper tools in the shedChachie is one of the sharper tools in the shedChachie is one of the sharper tools in the shedChachie is one of the sharper tools in the shedChachie is one of the sharper tools in the shedChachie is one of the sharper tools in the shedChachie is one of the sharper tools in the shedChachie is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Chachie's Tacoma Gallery
Ill have to look into it. Im just a little turned away from the 6" after my little...incident at hollister in january. lol.
Old 08-23-2010, 09:17 AM   #4
GEARAHOLIC is one of the sharper tools in the shedGEARAHOLIC is one of the sharper tools in the shedGEARAHOLIC is one of the sharper tools in the shedGEARAHOLIC is one of the sharper tools in the shedGEARAHOLIC is one of the sharper tools in the shedGEARAHOLIC is one of the sharper tools in the shedGEARAHOLIC is one of the sharper tools in the shedGEARAHOLIC is one of the sharper tools in the shedGEARAHOLIC is one of the sharper tools in the shedGEARAHOLIC is one of the sharper tools in the shedGEARAHOLIC is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: KELLEN
GEARAHOLIC's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chachie View Post
Ill have to look into it. Im just a little turned away from the 6" after my little...incident at hollister in january. lol.
elaborate on incident....
Old 08-23-2010, 09:18 AM   #5
HOME!!!
solus is one of the sharper tools in the shedsolus is one of the sharper tools in the shedsolus is one of the sharper tools in the shedsolus is one of the sharper tools in the shedsolus is one of the sharper tools in the shedsolus is one of the sharper tools in the shedsolus is one of the sharper tools in the shedsolus is one of the sharper tools in the shedsolus is one of the sharper tools in the shedsolus is one of the sharper tools in the shedsolus is one of the sharper tools in the shed

solus's Tacoma Gallery
^yeah that did suck... I've yet to go out with my new RCD due to what you did in Hollister... talk to krookz, he wheels his all the time
Old 08-23-2010, 09:18 AM   #6
tacoma44x44 is on a distinguished road
Name: Jamie
tacoma44x44's Tacoma Gallery
Ya you can go back to 3" lift but you will be looking at around 800 bucks to get a x member welded back in there unless your good with a welder you can do it yourself gonna be a shit ton of work though.
Old 08-23-2010, 09:20 AM   #7
HOME!!!

solus's Tacoma Gallery
^not really a shit ton? just weld the xmember in and convert to 3" lift

meh, I'm just going to get a trail rig... one day.
Old 08-23-2010, 09:22 AM   #8

Chachie's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by GEARAHOLIC View Post
elaborate on incident....

If i would have gotten out of the truck it would have rolled over. It was a very clenched 15 minutes. There was probably 6' between my drivers side rear tire and the ground. The 6" fabtech is just too stiff in the front.
Old 08-23-2010, 09:23 AM   #9
Ya but to do it right you should buy a new xmember from Toyota ( u will probably get bent right over from the dealership for a new one). But if your gonna just put the old one back in you will have to gusset and plate the shit out of the xmember to make it strong.
Old 08-23-2010, 09:27 AM   #10
agreed with solus keep the Tacoma the way it is and buy a real trail rig to beat on.
Old 08-23-2010, 09:30 AM   #11

Chachie's Tacoma Gallery
There is always option c. What would the lift amount be like with the front coils cranked all the way down?
Old 08-23-2010, 09:33 AM   #12
What coils do you have?
Old 08-23-2010, 09:35 AM   #13

Chachie's Tacoma Gallery
the fabtech dirt logic 2.5's , but i am going to be going to kings in the future.
Old 08-23-2010, 09:37 AM   #14
i would think if you crank them down all the way you might get just less then 6" of lift
Old 08-23-2010, 09:40 AM   #15

Chachie's Tacoma Gallery
But then you run into the issue of no down travel and gobs and gobs of down travel. lol
Old 08-23-2010, 09:42 AM   #16

Chachie's Tacoma Gallery
I think that i am going to start by lowering the rear a bit. It is currently at about 7"+. i figure if i lower it to about 5" or so, then when i get my cbi bumper, that will level the whole thing out a bit. my coils are only cranked about 2" anyway.
Old 08-23-2010, 09:42 AM   #17
yes you sure would
Old 08-23-2010, 09:44 AM   #18

Chachie's Tacoma Gallery
Ok, new plan just popped into my head and it seems like it is exactly what im looking for. new leafs to lower the rear a bit and mid travel coils in the front cranked all the way down. I think that will put me at about 5" of lift. Then ill go down to 33 or 34's when i get new tires.
Old 08-23-2010, 09:46 AM   #19
i don't think a mid travel coilover will work with a DB lift though? don't quote me on this though.

But the new leafs and a 33" tire is a good idea. I am running a 6" lift with 33" tires and its not crazy high at all
Old 08-23-2010, 09:52 AM   #20

Chachie's Tacoma Gallery
Do you have a build thread or any pics of your truck? And if mid travels dont fit, i know there are coils out there that have more travel than the fabtech ones. They are hard as a freakin rock.