Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Suspension

Notices

Readylift

Old 08-24-2010, 01:06 PM   #1
Banned
raswank is one of the sharper tools in the shedraswank is one of the sharper tools in the shedraswank is one of the sharper tools in the shedraswank is one of the sharper tools in the shedraswank is one of the sharper tools in the shedraswank is one of the sharper tools in the shedraswank is one of the sharper tools in the shedraswank is one of the sharper tools in the shedraswank is one of the sharper tools in the shedraswank is one of the sharper tools in the shedraswank is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Rick
raswank's Tacoma Gallery
Readylift

I have a 2010 TRD Sport 4x4 V-6 Manual. It will never be off road. I was thinking of doing the inch in back and the 3 inch up front. Just want to level it out, and put bigger tires on it. Does anyone have this set up, and do they like it? Remember on road, and highway use only.
Old 08-24-2010, 01:08 PM   #2
Slamry
1337Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed1337Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed1337Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed1337Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed1337Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed1337Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed1337Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed1337Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed1337Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed1337Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed1337Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Kevin
1337Taco's Tacoma Gallery
Get some bilstein 5100's. I would stay away from spacer lifts.
Old 08-24-2010, 01:12 PM   #3
Banned
raswank is one of the sharper tools in the shedraswank is one of the sharper tools in the shedraswank is one of the sharper tools in the shedraswank is one of the sharper tools in the shedraswank is one of the sharper tools in the shedraswank is one of the sharper tools in the shedraswank is one of the sharper tools in the shedraswank is one of the sharper tools in the shedraswank is one of the sharper tools in the shedraswank is one of the sharper tools in the shedraswank is one of the sharper tools in the shed
raswank's Tacoma Gallery
How much does something like that run? And thanks for your time. Also I keep reading things on here about people having alignment issues with them. I wouldn't mind doing a coilover up front, but I just want to level it. And all the kits say something about swaybar changes
Old 08-24-2010, 01:14 PM   #4
Slamry
1337Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed1337Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed1337Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed1337Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed1337Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed1337Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed1337Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed1337Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed1337Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed1337Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed1337Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Kevin
1337Taco's Tacoma Gallery
5100s are $300 for the front and rear. You don't really need your sway bar but if you want to keep it there is a relocation kit you can buy which is inexpensive.
Old 08-24-2010, 01:15 PM   #5
East Bound and Down
Dark Knight is one of the sharper tools in the shedDark Knight is one of the sharper tools in the shedDark Knight is one of the sharper tools in the shedDark Knight is one of the sharper tools in the shedDark Knight is one of the sharper tools in the shedDark Knight is one of the sharper tools in the shedDark Knight is one of the sharper tools in the shedDark Knight is one of the sharper tools in the shedDark Knight is one of the sharper tools in the shedDark Knight is one of the sharper tools in the shedDark Knight is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jeff
Dark Knight's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by raswank View Post
I have a 2010 TRD Sport 4x4 V-6 Manual. It will never be off road. I was thinking of doing the inch in back and the 3 inch up front. Just want to level it out, and put bigger tires on it. Does anyone have this set up, and do they like it? Remember on road, and highway use only.
You will be fine with the Ready Lift kit. It is what most dealers install and sell as a factory equipment upgrade.
Old 08-24-2010, 01:49 PM   #6
Another Toyota Enthusiast
toyo freak is one of the sharper tools in the shedtoyo freak is one of the sharper tools in the shedtoyo freak is one of the sharper tools in the shedtoyo freak is one of the sharper tools in the shedtoyo freak is one of the sharper tools in the shedtoyo freak is one of the sharper tools in the shedtoyo freak is one of the sharper tools in the shedtoyo freak is one of the sharper tools in the shedtoyo freak is one of the sharper tools in the shedtoyo freak is one of the sharper tools in the shedtoyo freak is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: David
toyo freak's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1337Taco View Post
5100s are $300 for the front and rear. You don't really need your sway bar but if you want to keep it there is a relocation kit you can buy which is inexpensive.
Do you have to have sway bar relocator??? Cause I don't think you do. somebody back me up on this
Old 08-24-2010, 02:02 PM   #8
Banned
raswank's Tacoma Gallery
thanks for your time, so the 1 inch in the back, and the 3 inch up front will cause no issues?
Old 08-24-2010, 02:13 PM   #9
Go Jets GO!!!!!!
DigB has much to be proud ofDigB has much to be proud ofDigB has much to be proud ofDigB has much to be proud ofDigB has much to be proud ofDigB has much to be proud ofDigB has much to be proud ofDigB has much to be proud ofDigB has much to be proud of

Firefighter: Firefighter, WFD, E13, L13, W131/2
DigB's Tacoma Gallery
I've got the 2" Readylift kit in a 1st Gen and it rides great! I got it just for the looks and because of a lack of funds right now but I don't think you will regret it for your 2nd Gen.
Old 08-24-2010, 03:53 PM   #11
Banned
raswank's Tacoma Gallery
What will be the max 17 inch tire? Or 16 inch tire I could go with
Old 08-24-2010, 04:08 PM   #12
Another Toyota Enthusiast
toyo freak is one of the sharper tools in the shedtoyo freak is one of the sharper tools in the shedtoyo freak is one of the sharper tools in the shedtoyo freak is one of the sharper tools in the shedtoyo freak is one of the sharper tools in the shedtoyo freak is one of the sharper tools in the shedtoyo freak is one of the sharper tools in the shedtoyo freak is one of the sharper tools in the shedtoyo freak is one of the sharper tools in the shedtoyo freak is one of the sharper tools in the shedtoyo freak is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: David
toyo freak's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by raswank View Post
What will be the max 17 inch tire? Or 16 inch tire I could go with
Yea I think readylift guarantees stock ride. You can fit 285/75/16 or 285/70/17 on stock rims with wheel spacers, preferably spidertrax. May have some minor trimming
Old 08-24-2010, 04:15 PM   #13
mutang is on a distinguished road
mutang's Tacoma Gallery
I went with the ready lift and I actually really like it. I might go with something different down the line but for right now I'm completely satisfied as to what I got out of the lift. I HATED how the front end was lower then the back and figured this would fix it. The stance is so much better.
Old 08-24-2010, 04:54 PM   #14
Greenside Doc
sshumphrey1 is on a distinguished road
Navy: Greenside Doc
sshumphrey1's Tacoma Gallery
I have the setup you are asking about with the addition of a two inch pro comp add a leaf. I can't really complain it was cheap and I dont really go off road very much, more of a mall cruiser.
Old 08-24-2010, 04:59 PM   #15
Banned
raswank's Tacoma Gallery
Thanks for all your time. I will probably just put the front 2.25 on it. Keep the stock Sport rims for now, and put BF Goodrich 265/70 R17 tires on it. Just want it to look a little more aggressive.
Old 08-25-2010, 07:00 AM   #16
Banned
raswank's Tacoma Gallery
Is the 3 inch in the front, and 1 inch in the back going to make it level? Or still have a little rake?
Old 08-25-2010, 07:21 AM   #17
tacoma44x44 is on a distinguished road
Name: Jamie
tacoma44x44's Tacoma Gallery
it should sit fairly level. You should buy my coilovers then you can adjust what ever height you want.

And also if you are planning on going 3" in the front you will more then likely have alignment issues without aftermarket upper arms.
Old 08-25-2010, 07:25 AM   #18
Banned
raswank's Tacoma Gallery
I thought these go on top of the struts, so you are literally raising the truck off the top of the coils.
Old 08-25-2010, 07:48 AM   #19
My Taco is Bi-Winning!!!!!!!!
meckleystephen is one of the sharper tools in the shedmeckleystephen is one of the sharper tools in the shedmeckleystephen is one of the sharper tools in the shedmeckleystephen is one of the sharper tools in the shedmeckleystephen is one of the sharper tools in the shedmeckleystephen is one of the sharper tools in the shedmeckleystephen is one of the sharper tools in the shedmeckleystephen is one of the sharper tools in the shedmeckleystephen is one of the sharper tools in the shedmeckleystephen is one of the sharper tools in the shedmeckleystephen is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Marines: EAS'D
Name: Stephen
meckleystephen's Tacoma Gallery
the best thing to do is measure thats what i did and mine leveled out perfect without touching the back and setting my billys 1.75 in the front. rides better than stock
Old 08-25-2010, 07:50 AM   #20
yamaha73 is one of the sharper tools in the shedyamaha73 is one of the sharper tools in the shedyamaha73 is one of the sharper tools in the shedyamaha73 is one of the sharper tools in the shedyamaha73 is one of the sharper tools in the shedyamaha73 is one of the sharper tools in the shedyamaha73 is one of the sharper tools in the shedyamaha73 is one of the sharper tools in the shedyamaha73 is one of the sharper tools in the shedyamaha73 is one of the sharper tools in the shedyamaha73 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Royce
yamaha73's Tacoma Gallery
ive got a 1 inch in back and a 3 inch in front, no issues at all, i got it alligned right after i installed it and the guy said it alligned perfect