Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Suspension

Notices

lifting just the front vibs question

Old 08-24-2010, 04:32 PM   #1
Almost there
08pretaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed08pretaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed08pretaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed08pretaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed08pretaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed08pretaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed08pretaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed08pretaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed08pretaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed08pretaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed08pretaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Oliver
08pretaco's Tacoma Gallery
lifting just the front vibs question

For those of you running just a lift in the front without an aal in the rear or the tsb aal done, do you experience driveline vibrations?

i am thinking of removing my rear 1.5" aal and seeing how that runs thats why i am curious if you who just lifted the front experience the vibs...thanks!

also if you guys are running 33's on the stock ride height how much rubbing on full lock do you encounter?

ps. I know theres the ds spacer and shims but dont feel like spending money on those items and longer ubolts.
Old 08-24-2010, 04:35 PM   #2
rcfreak201 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrcfreak201 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrcfreak201 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrcfreak201 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrcfreak201 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrcfreak201 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrcfreak201 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrcfreak201 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrcfreak201 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrcfreak201 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrcfreak201 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

rcfreak201's Tacoma Gallery
im runnin 33s with a 2.5 spacer in the front only, and the back is cleared by a longshot and the front when i turn completelyy it rubs a little but im able to make a U turn on a street without any rubbing, and its just rubbing on the front theres some plastic piece, prob just gonna chop it off, but its bearly anything rubbing on mine truck, and its an 06 tacoma
Old 08-24-2010, 04:37 PM   #3
senna is a splendid one to beholdsenna is a splendid one to beholdsenna is a splendid one to beholdsenna is a splendid one to beholdsenna is a splendid one to beholdsenna is a splendid one to behold
senna's Tacoma Gallery
The carrier bearing drop kit $12, probably the solution to your vibration. Maybe 30 minutes to install, if you take your time.
Old 08-24-2010, 04:42 PM   #4
Almost there
08pretaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed08pretaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed08pretaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed08pretaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed08pretaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed08pretaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed08pretaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed08pretaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed08pretaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed08pretaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed08pretaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

I have already done just that with no luck and spending 75 + bucks is something id rather do without
Old 08-24-2010, 04:43 PM   #5
senna is a splendid one to beholdsenna is a splendid one to beholdsenna is a splendid one to beholdsenna is a splendid one to beholdsenna is a splendid one to beholdsenna is a splendid one to behold
senna's Tacoma Gallery
What are you spending $75 on?
Old 08-24-2010, 04:44 PM   #6
Almost there

Quote:
Originally Posted by rcfreak201 View Post
im runnin 33s with a 2.5 spacer in the front only, and the back is cleared by a longshot and the front when i turn completelyy it rubs a little but im able to make a U turn on a street without any rubbing, and its just rubbing on the front theres some plastic piece, prob just gonna chop it off, but its bearly anything rubbing on mine truck, and its an 06 tacoma
Do you have any driveline shutter or vibs?
Old 08-24-2010, 05:24 PM   #7
Almost there

Quote:
Originally Posted by senna View Post
What are you spending $75 on?
Well 30 for the shims and longer u bolts around 60 so its actually more...those prices are from toytec and do not include shipping. So ya its a decent amount.

krish do you have a picture you can post for me with your lift? Kind of wanna get an idea of what kind of back rake "bro lean" you got going.
Old 08-24-2010, 05:49 PM   #8
senna's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by 08pretaco View Post
Well 30 for the shims and longer u bolts around 60 so its actually more...those prices are from toytec and do not include shipping. So ya its a decent amount.

Ok, You are talking about axle shims, I was talking about the drive shaft brg drop kit. I looked in your sig, you have a brg drop already.

I just lifted the front of my truck this weekend, no lift in the rear yet, no vibrations either.

I am going to put a aal in this weekend with a brg drop kit, hoping for no vibes.
Old 08-24-2010, 05:54 PM   #9
Almost there

I am probably gonna take the aal off and see how that rides for a little bit. its going to be weird running 4" lift spindles with no rear lift but it will be better for the truck without the drivelins vibs
Old 08-24-2010, 06:37 PM   #10
Almost there

Anyone else have experience with no rear lift and wheeling 33s?
Old 08-24-2010, 08:27 PM   #11
Professionull
battlescars is one of the sharper tools in the shedbattlescars is one of the sharper tools in the shedbattlescars is one of the sharper tools in the shedbattlescars is one of the sharper tools in the shedbattlescars is one of the sharper tools in the shedbattlescars is one of the sharper tools in the shedbattlescars is one of the sharper tools in the shedbattlescars is one of the sharper tools in the shedbattlescars is one of the sharper tools in the shedbattlescars is one of the sharper tools in the shedbattlescars is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Alex
battlescars's Tacoma Gallery
IF in fact you ARE getting actual drive line vibrations, then that means your pinion angle isn't where it's supposed to be.
Old 08-24-2010, 08:28 PM   #12
Almost there

well i realize that thats why I am trying to correct it. I want to correct it but do not want to spend money for it not to work!
Old 08-24-2010, 08:36 PM   #13
tacosupreme54 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacosupreme54 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacosupreme54 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacosupreme54 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacosupreme54 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacosupreme54 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacosupreme54 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacosupreme54 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacosupreme54 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacosupreme54 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacosupreme54 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

tacosupreme54's Tacoma Gallery
i ran a front spacer lift for a few weeks before i got my AAL. it was on 265/75's. before the AAL with just the front: no vibes. after AAL: small vibes between 0-25mph. for whatever odd reason, it must have something to do with the rear being lifted. probably that angle they keep talking about. i'm in the same dilemma. all i have attempted so far is a good tire balancing and rotation. it helped a little, but the problem still exists. i'd really like to know the correct solution before i spend money on something that doesn't work too. people have suggested a carrier bearing drop and a differential drop. they're like $12 and $29. but i really want to know if they work before i buy them too.
Old 08-24-2010, 08:37 PM   #14
Slamry
1337Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed1337Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed1337Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed1337Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed1337Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed1337Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed1337Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed1337Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed1337Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed1337Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed1337Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Kevin
1337Taco's Tacoma Gallery
I don't think removing the AAL will be the answer. Do you have any other suspension in the front or just the spindles?
Old 08-24-2010, 09:11 PM   #15
Almost there

I have spindles with "toytec" coilovers. After talking to chris my u joints might be shit, i might go to a driveshaft shop and get a quote on a double carigan 1 piece with slip yolk, but id rather not spend that kinda unhad money
Old 08-24-2010, 09:17 PM   #16
Almost there

Quote:
Originally Posted by tacosupreme54 View Post
i ran a front spacer lift for a few weeks before i got my AAL. it was on 265/75's. before the AAL with just the front: no vibes. after AAL: small vibes between 0-25mph. for whatever odd reason, it must have something to do with the rear being lifted. probably that angle they keep talking about. i'm in the same dilemma. all i have attempted so far is a good tire balancing and rotation. it helped a little, but the problem still exists. i'd really like to know the correct solution before i spend money on something that doesn't work too. people have suggested a carrier bearing drop and a differential drop. they're like $12 and $29. but i really want to know if they work before i buy them too.
Since your 4x4 have you done the front diff spacer yet?
Old 08-25-2010, 12:45 PM   #17
tacosupreme54 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacosupreme54 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacosupreme54 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacosupreme54 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacosupreme54 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacosupreme54 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacosupreme54 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacosupreme54 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacosupreme54 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacosupreme54 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacosupreme54 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
Originally Posted by 08pretaco View Post
Since your 4x4 have you done the front diff spacer yet?
no, this may be a dumb question, but what's that? and what will it do for me?
Old 08-25-2010, 04:42 PM   #18
senna's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by tacosupreme54 View Post
no, this may be a dumb question, but what's that? and what will it do for me?
Not a dumb question. Front diff spacer lowers the front diff ( center part on ifs ) and takes some of the angle off the CV's , general opinion is, it is not necessary till you get up around 4" of lift.
Old 08-25-2010, 05:27 PM   #19
Professionull
battlescars is one of the sharper tools in the shedbattlescars is one of the sharper tools in the shedbattlescars is one of the sharper tools in the shedbattlescars is one of the sharper tools in the shedbattlescars is one of the sharper tools in the shedbattlescars is one of the sharper tools in the shedbattlescars is one of the sharper tools in the shedbattlescars is one of the sharper tools in the shedbattlescars is one of the sharper tools in the shedbattlescars is one of the sharper tools in the shedbattlescars is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Alex
battlescars's Tacoma Gallery
Cut off old spring perches and weld on new ones.
Old 08-25-2010, 07:28 PM   #20

Quote:
Originally Posted by senna View Post
Not a dumb question. Front diff spacer lowers the front diff ( center part on ifs ) and takes some of the angle off the CV's , general opinion is, it is not necessary till you get up around 4" of lift.
alright, thanks man. i'll consider it as an option if nothing else works